What do you think about guys who wear makeup?

This just appeared on my FB's main page and I honestly don't know what to think about it. It seems that people (mainly guys) are trying to be more feminine and promote makeup so badly that everyone is gonna be soon forced to wear it (I mean required).

I have nothing against gay men, but I just can't help it and find this a bit weird.

http://www.BBC.co.uk/newsbeat/article/38530795/first-man-hired-as-face-of-beauty-brand-maybelline?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

PS. I don't mean to offend anyone. I just want to hear other people's opinions on this.

1110

Most Helpful Guy

• I think they can do whatever the fuck they want. You (and everyone else) also have the right to judge them accordingly, though. If you don't find it attractive, that's completely fine.

I don't think that style of makeup looks good on men either. It just doesn't suit us, but that's not to say no makeup looks good on us. Ancient Egyptian warriors wore eyeliner, and it looked awesome! Some guys can pull it off. I mean... you can't tell me this doesn't look badass:
    petminuti.com/.../khal-drogo.jpg

I think it's ok for men to wear concealer or foundation too. Covering up acne is perfectly fine. You usually can't even tell.

Most Helpful Girl

• For the glam rock stars in thr 70's, I absolutely loved it! But that's a very different world of makeup, and of men.

The ones that you are talking about, I don't find it attractive personally (as in, I wouldn't jump to date them), but if that's what they want to do, fine, I won't try to control their lives. In fact, it's a talent, an art--some guys display it on themselves, some don't. I have one friend who doesn't really wear makeup himself, but is awesome at doing other people's makeup and works at a makeup store. I have another friend, one of the best friends I've ever had, and he wears the whole shebang (contouring, lipstick, etc).

What Guys Said 9

• It's a common trend here with guys who look like this:

2.bp.blogspot.com/.../gm%252C.jpg

... most of them are actually heterosexual.

I'm not the biggest fan -- more into a macho, rugged type of look for a guy. I'm kind of used to it though since it's rather prevalent here. It doesn't bother me but not interested in participating.

• The trend tends to make me wonder how pretty a guy has to be until it's no longer gay to have sex with him.

• men who wear make up should also shave their vagina

• Doing light make up touches to cover up patches/bruises or to bring out a feature is fine by me. But I always found guys who apply make ups like the one in the link downright ugly. Of course I don't speak for everyone and guys like them got quite a following on social media these days but personally, I hate it.

• Everyone in show business wears makeup.
    Or did you think Chris Hemsworth grows a thick layer of foundation naturally?

Though, makeup for the purposes of "beautification" rather than just concealing.
    Yeah, that does look quite gay.

• The same as girls who wear it. I dont care.

• If you need to cover something up like a bruise then yes. If it's a lot like stuff on the eyes then they are probably gay

• i think just girls have wear make up...

• Straight men can wear make-up. What makes make-up just for women?

• Make up is fine , lipstick is probably too much

What Girls Said 10

• I think go them but they should understand not all girls will be attracted that and so they shouldn't call the discrimination card when it is really just a preference.

• I don't have a problem with it, he looks good.

• I think it's great. Besides the guys who do wear makeup tend be much better at it than most girls.

s1.r29static.com/.../image.jpg
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...2334ff3a16.jpg
    cdn1.thehunt.com/.../...d8ec22e69bce775ecbd9f.jpeg

• People have been wearing makeup for centuries. The Vikings wore makeup for vanity and intimidation. In this world there is so much hate. I don't understand why people say this is what's wrong with the world.

• i love it to be honest. especially if they do it well. but I think they should wear it only if they want to, makeup is an art form it does not have to only be for women

• omg no lmao... just NO

• I think makeup is fine for men as long as they don't overdo it

• its a bit weird to be honest

• Never actually like guys wearing makeup except for Korean idols, eventhough i find them obviously 100% better and hot without make up

• as long as it is not excessive it is ok