If you're ugly but dress well, can you be considered datable?

will that work?

so are ugly people screwed for life unless they have surgery?
so basically no matter what you do if your ugly you will never have a good looking girlfriend?
this is a yes or no type of anwser so id appreciate it if you would either say yes or no

Most Helpful Girl

• YES being well groom, dressed really well and maybe work out if you need to - will do the trick... That will make people over look tthe bad looks - IF you really are not good looking - and usually people have pretty features like maybe you have a great smile, pretty eyes, pretty hair, great skin or a nice complexion - maybe great body -- ALL of that makes up for ugly.. Also, a great sense of humor will cause people to over look bad looks - I am really pretty and I have a great body -Thank God I am so blessed - I have dated bad looking guys because of their great personalities -- that's what matters... Also, make great $$$ if you are a man and want woman to over look your looks - that also works like a charm! As well as intelligence but don't be so worried about looks it is NOT the only thing that matters... CHEERS! Oh and remember if you THINK you look good and have confidence in that - others will also but if you walk around like "i am so ugly" - people will get that also... So believe you are very attractive!

What Girls Said 25

• Hey sweetie! In love with a Taurus male, huh? I know where you're coming from because I too am in love with a Taurus male who doesn't trust me and has broken up with me. I know this man loves me. We broke up 4 months ago and he still will not forgive me because I told him I cheated (although I never did) in a heated argument. As it turns out, he didn't trust me because he didn't trust himself. He was cheating on me but feels he was justified because he says he felt that Iwas cheating first. What a way to absolve yourself from all responsibility, huh? I made this man feel insecure on a number of occasions because I am a highly social person. But he works in a bar and knows that socializing is something that we all do. I've never been one to cheat. And he knew how I was when he met me and I knew how he was. But in reality, this man is highly insecure. And men who are insecure will cheat and do other underhanded things to make themselves feel better which is a recipe for disaster. Fueled with the fact that he is jealous and insecure, he cheated and then broke up with me. Who would have thunk it? But I should have seen it coming. The worst part is that he was my best friend and when we broke up, I lost my friend, my lover, my sexual maniac (lol) all in one.

• Nobody is ugly! Each and every person has something beautiful, it just takes someone humble & selfless to open their eyes and look/see the person you are.

But it is kinda double standards of you to want a good looking girlfriend! Don't judge & you will not be judged either. The world is vain but not all people are.

• Honey, attraction has everything to do with your presence as a person and very little to do with looks at all. Sure, initial attraction is mostly physical but most men that I have dated have not been what is considered by society as "super hot". I am a very attractive woman and have dated all types of men. All colors, creeds, religions, shapes and sizes. But they all had one thing in common: PRESENCE. It really isn't a matter of looks if the man dresses well, carries himself with some integrity & respect & has confidence with an air of humility. Good luck, doll!

• Dude ...wtf.. what century are you living in.. find someone who likes you as a person. and give them reason to want to date you. lightly(not pushy) talk about the thing that you truthfully are into(if you lie, that means your not being youself. and you'll end up realizing the person will love the character you created, and not the real you). learn the interest that the other person has and compare them to yours.

Basically what I'm tyring to say it. Be the hunter. DO NOT go out there to try to make youself available to women. you can. but if you WANT someone be the one searching for the prize...

you get it? don't worry about looks. worry about the person your interested in. They might be f***ed up...

Thats the bottom line screw cut and dry answer.

• you can have an attractive girlfriend if you have a good personality.

However, you also have to consider there are the extra shallow people out there who will not even take the time to get to know you. As a result you may have to lower your standards.

Also just so you know research has proven that people typically end up with individuals with similar levels of attractiveness (ie. if you would be rated a 7/10 you will probably also end up with a 7)

• If this is a personal question then you need to be more confident. Confident people look 10x attractive. But yes of course, there's someone out there who finds that person attractive and him being able to dress well is a bonus.

• u look like my teacher

• You can't be ugly and have a bad attitude and expect people to like you. With your attitude, no one will ever bother getting to know you. No one likes a bad attitude. Sounds like maybe that's what you need to work on, homie.

• "homie" coming from your thrashy ass I doubt it

• Oh no! I wasn't talking about you Question Asker! I was talking about the guy with the rude comment. The guy that made fun of me for saying "homie". I felt like he was reaching. We're still good. :)

• May I reach ^^ xoxoxoxoxo

• If you wanted a yes or no answer, you should have made it into a poll

• If I wanted a bitch to anwser I would of included it into an update

• Maybe I'd be injured if I knew what a "comback" was XD

• Hahahahahahahhahahahaha I do need to learn basic grammer ^-^

• of course that'll work. Not all the time but it's always good to present yourself nicely. It's personality that matters anyway. I'd consider you datable if you were really nice and I was into you, ya know?

• I like a guy who I wasn't first visually attracted to. His personality was so loud I couldn't hear my judgements. So I say anyone can be considered dateable, under the right circumstances, yes.

• Yes, it's all about confidence and presentation.

I know someone who has been rated 5 and under on the attractiveness scale by men but she's BBMing 3 different guys at any given point. She's been on more dates this year than I've been on in my life.

• Style says a lot about a guy.. For me, knowing how to dress is attractable quality. If you can dress nice and have a sense of style, then you move up the attraction list. No girl (well, most girls. There are expections) wants a guy who can't dress. You can be the hottest guy in the world, but if you can't dress nice, then it takes away from you. Also, as said in other comments, it's all in the way you carry yourself. If you don't believe and have confidence in your self, no one esle will either.

Good luck!

• This is not a "YES" or "NO" Question. the Answer is in the eye of the beholder. Some girls on here are saying YES, some NO. but really it depends on what YOU look like to them! one girl that says "NO" to this question, may meet you irl and reconsider b.c there's something about you she loves.

In other words to someppl you may look like a Prince, to other a Frog. You are old enough to know this by know.

• Try to ask the other way like this... If you're pretty but dress aweful, can you be considered datable? I would say it's a YES! Anyone deserves to be treated equally regardless of any aspects. I cannot deny good appearance would draw much attention and give very positive impression to the others, but at the end of the day, it's the soul or the characteristic that counts.

• I would much rather have a man that is kind and knows how to show love. My Husband (and the one before) are both very attractive men. The first one turned out to be gay and the 2nd one is just a terrible person-really.

I would give anything to find a really nice man-so yes, That will work!

• You are obiously attracted to this girl, no? And what made your little heart love her so much? Grace. That's all. The fall of her hair, the stride in her step. Serval ugly women are drooled over because of gracefulness. As long as you can stand to look her in the face its fine.

• i feel there's somebody for everybody!..and I don't think people should call themselves ugly or other people ugly,wheres your self respect :( personality is the key and beauty is in the eye of the beholder

• Thats some crap and you know it.................

• I was just curios if there is hope for ugly guys that's all................. just wondering if you dress well if it changed anything............

• Never had a girl in real life tell me I'm attractive. If I ever hear it I may be believe it. I don't have any experience with girls really by the way. There's no bad, just nothing. :/

• if you have a personality, you could do it.

• RedPeppa said it best. I've found that some of the most beautiful people would be considered "ugly" by certain individuals because they can't see past the outer shell.

• You act as though appearance is the only important quality when it comes to dating.

• What?

• maybe? I think it would at least help.

• anyone can be datable as long as they have a good personality

• yes that will help a lot. and I agree with enchanted, how you carry yourself is also important. I went to school with this guy who didn't have the best looking face but he was fresh everyday and was super confident so a lot of girls liked him and he always had a girlfriend. I've also seen girls with not so pretty faces be considered sexy if they took care of themselves, dressed nicely and had pretty hair and was outgoing and confident. so yeah you don't always have to rely on genetics.

• Being ugly and fashionable has nothing to do with it. It's all about how you carry yourself.

• So even if a person is fanshionable he's still undateble?

• No, what I'm saying is that if you have confidence but you're ugly and can dress well you'll be okay.

• Ahhh

What Guys Said 18

• If you want a good-looking girlfriend, start working on IMPROVING your image. If you're fat, get in the gym and workout 5 days a week while you diet.

If your face looks bad, look up research on shaping it up.

If your personality is negative, then apparently you're not living your life well. Start upgrading and self-improving and when you've made progress, see how happy you've become.

However, many good-looking girls out there will NOT settle for less. And those beautiful women will end up staying single for a good time since their picky attitude kills their chances of landing a decent guy. I went to a nightclub the other night with a girl. One of her friends was approached by a thin guy with an afro-puff and glasses. She rejected his advance right away and I asked her why. She said "not my type". I should have smacked her upside the head, told her to open her mind up and give the guy a chance in the least. Being HUMBLE counts.

Now of course, when it comes to fat, ugly women, do I give them a chance? Not really. Because if I'm not physically attracted to her, there's not much else to pick up the attraction.

• There you have it. Follow ^ and your as good as sexy, just do iit

• Well, obviously dressing well will help. But the best thing you can do is get in good shape. If you can get in good shape, especially if you also dress well, then you will really be in a good position to compensate for not being the best looking guy in the world.

Of course there is much more to it than that. I'm in no way suggesting that looks don't matter because of course they do, but being confident and having non-physically attractive characteristics (in combination with dress, being in shape, so on and so forth) will get you in a position to be dateable.

How NOT to Talk with Women -> link

Avoiding the “Friend Zone” by Making a Move! -> link

link

Self-Deprecating Humor Can Be a Funny Thing ->

Is confidence sexy? -> link

Best

- Evan

• There are some pretty famous ugly guys that know what to do with their hair and clothes to make themselves appear attractive to the opposite sex. I see it all the time. There's a style that looks good on you. You just have to experiment some until you find out what that is.

• For a woman: not really

For a man: yes.

• Actually dressing nicely won't make me like a guy.Don't know who told y'all that lie

• Its not dressing "nicely" its wearing a really really really fancy watch that obviously cost you a million bucks, and then wearing regular clothes with it.

She thinks "hes not trying to show off that he has money, so he might actually have some.. because look at that watch."

Also, if you dress nice it probably means you have a girlfriend, or have had a girlfriend and that you know the score. And as it so happens women want a man who has had or HAS a girlfriend.

Thats why it works on women.

• i guess so, my problem is I dress well but I'm fugly :(

• It's not a form of trickery. Someone either finds you physically attractive or they don't. Same thing goes for dating, too. You're either date-able or not.

That's why when girls ask the question rate me from 1-10, they don't understand that the number rating system is just made up. Everyone is either a 1 or 2 in the eyes of someone else; 1 being "Yes" or 2 being "No ."

• If you wear the best sporting equipment money can buy does that mean you are good a sports? No.

• To quote Mark Twain...

"Clothes make the man. A naked person has little or no influence on society".

• If your ugly but roll up in a suit made entirely out of money, then I think you could get anyone lol

• If you're a guy you can get women no matter what you look like because women instinctually are attracted to things like power, confidence, and the ability to provide.

If you are young this won't apply until you get older but by your mid 20's the tables start to turn a bit.

Best thing you can do is keep the weight down and get a good job. Work on your social skills to be charming but it's OK to be dorky.

Women aren't so lucky because we are driven by physical attraction.

• Yes, it does. Nice clothes usually means money, money means social standing. So that will make you more attractive. Datable? Maybe - it will certainly help you get your "foot in the door" so to speak.

• Women = Yes

Men = No

• As long as you carry yourself well, and aren't a jerk people won't really care when they get to know you.

• Too bad I'm a jerk ^^

• more based on personality, that counts more than being a disgraceful human being.

• Doubt it. Not like you can dress up your face. lol

• It would for me. But you got to be a good person too.. that's a big role in this debate

• I suppose so. But why not continue to dress slovenly?

• I don't no what slovenly means

• I looked that word and I'm the opposite of slovenly >.<

• Girls don't like boys they like cars and money, if you are fugly you can still get a model if you have lots of cash ...