Would you shave your beard for a girl?

Put this into style because wasn't sure how serious one would take it.

Let's say you get commented by a girl you're dating or trying to date that she openly prefers men who are clean shaven than bearded.

1. Would you do it?

2. If so, how long would you wait?

3. Would you try to convince her otherwise, shaving off only as a last resort?

I've had a goatee for over a year ( trimming it weekly ) and a full box beard in almost 7 months.

I would consider doing so after maybe a month of dating.

• Yes, in a heartbeat, if I can get laid, I shave
  • Yes....but it would take a while
  • Yes, but only as a last resort if she loved me but hated the beard
  • No. Never. The beard is within me, a part of me.

Most Helpful Girl

• i like facial hair on a guy. in my experience guys will change their facial hair for a girl. whilst I was with my ex, there was a group of us talking about this and I mentioned that I liked facial hair, all of a sudden my clean shaven boyfriend stopped shaving, until we broke up then it was back to no hair. lol.

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't shave it.

Somehow with my ex the topic got brought up that I prefer long hair on guys which is true, even though he had short hair but I wouldn't want him to change his hair for me! I wouldn't change my hair for a guy nor would I expect a guy to do that for me.

I wouldn't do it if I were you even if she does want you to. Not because I'm bitter or anything but its your beard if you like it, keep it for pete's sake! Lol

• All of the guys I've dated have been clean-shaven by their own accord. I always tell them when we're dating that I love no facial hair on a dude. I hate getting my face and skin roughed up from kissing and rubbing against stubble.

• idk if this counts but I had a guy grow his beard out for me. he didn't have to do that but I told him he looked sexy like that (he didn't shave for a few days) so he did it.

if you don't want to do it then dont. you don't have to make changes for a girl just because she likes it.

What Guys Said 4

• Beards can grow back, dude.

• I drain my awesome metalhead power from my beard, so no.

• no never, I am myself and she's gonna accept it.

• I would. I've went through phases of my life where I've shaved or not shaved and I'm comfortable with how I look either way. If a woman has a preference it's something I can easily do to make her more attracted to me so I figure why not.