Do GUYS like girls who dress sophisticated?

I was just wondering if guys like girls who dress sophisticated? I think that I definitely fit in this category! I love all the conservative, but classy clothes. I don't go for the booby, sluty shirts (but I do wear low shirts, just no cleavage. Even though I don't think I really could have cleavage. lol.). I dress for success. Do guys find this attractive? Someone who dresses I guess you could say elegant? I also like to style my hair nicely, but not snob-like. But I also have those days when I like to wear bags, but I do like my classy clothes! What do guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I may be in the minority here but I definately feel more comfortable approaching a girl who's dressed casually than a girl who looks like she's on her way to a job interview. Honestly, whenever I see a girl who's "overdressed" for the occasion I get the impression that she's snobbish and likely wouldn't approach her at all. I spent 5 years living in Boca Raton, Florida where everyone was rich and snobboy and I did not fit in. People referred to the girls from there as "Boca B-tches" and seeing a girl who's overdressed reminds me of a "Boca B-tch"

• I don't overdress, I just don't dress like a bum either. I have seen girls that "overdress" and I am definitely am not like that. I can also see your point that the really dressed up girls are b***tchs. I see it all the time. But I think I dress more sophisticated in the fact that I don't dress with my boobs, or super tight clothes. Happy middle for me . . . but more reserved in the clothing.

• Well then, as long as you don't look extremely out of place where you're at, and don't give off the impression of being uppity and snobby with the way you dress, and above all, LOOK COMFORTABLE in what you're wearing, like it's natural for you, then it's all good. I'd appreciate it =)

What Guys Said 6

• That's cool, your style sounds "ambitious" I guess I would call it. That's good though. You're probably going to get a lot of variations in your answers though. Right(and this is only my own perspective so it's my here-say, lol), now, I have to dress up more for work (dress pants, shoes and button down shirt) and I wouldn't have a problem approaching you because we're both, idk, on the same level I guess. But I used to work in construction and, say before, if I saw you at the end of the day and I was all dirty - I would be like "Oh man, why couldn't this happen in like an hour after I get home and cleaned up, lol." But you know what I mean, I'd just want to be more presentable myself if I was to go up and talk to you.

• Haha. That is true, I probably wouldn't want to talk to a dirty looking guy. lol.

• simple question, complex answer

short answer is yes, but there are some guidelines

if you are going to "dress up" make sure you do it for yor guy. DONT dress up for a "all girls only night" but seldom dress up for a night on the town with HIM. I can't count how many times I heard a guy say to a girl "how come you never wear that for me or when I am around?"

• I always like to look nice. I don't have a guy, so I dress up most of the time whenever I go out in society. lol.

• so much! just don't try to act sophisticated I hate that. it should come naturally *cough cough* harvard-westlake *cough* ugh hate those kids

• I think I am more reserved then the average girl, lol. which sucks.

• If by sophisticated, you mean cellaphane, then yes.. I love saran wrap outfits

• HUGE YES. ALL THE WAY!

A girl who can't go past her flipflops and school sweatshirt is a tomboy. (I'm not into tomboys)

• Sophisticated girls are definitely a nice change. I enjoy their company a lot. However, they might not be very popular with many of the American men. There's a lot of anger towards women who appear to be successful, they often get labeled as lesbian.

• WHAT!!?!? Labeled as lesbian?? That doesn't make sense. . . So how can you dress. If I can't dress like a bum, not a slut, or dress "nice". It is a never ending cycle. I can't please anyone, there is always some other stereotype.

• And that is the downside to all forms of dressing. Just dress how you want despite the stereotypes, there's always going to be someone who likes it.

What Girls Said 2

• Guys tend judge girls on how they dress. for example. if a girl is wearing a low cut top and short shorts out to a bar. she is looking for attention. therefore, guys will give her attention. the negative kind. They won't treat her with respect because she isn't treating herself with respect.

It took me a year or two to get this.i used to go out.with low cut shirts and a short skirt.i got attention. from all the people I didn't want to get attention from.

you can dress sophisticated and sexy at the same time. you just have to understand what is too much.

another thing I noticed is makeup. it really brings out the person in you. you can be dressed over sophisticated and do your makeup a sexy way and it could make you look sooo HOT!

• Hello.

I just saw your question by "goggling" .

Where do you live? Because that will definitely clinch what guys thinks.

I don't know if this is going to help you,but I live in Norway,and most guys like it. Who likes a cheap-looking girl anyway? And you can ask yourself if you like sophisticated men .Most girls do.

Treat yourself and others around you with respect and you will get it back. Why should you care what others think,when you ,in a manner of speaking,look dignified.