I don't like the way he dresses, help!

So I've been with my boyfriend for a while now, long enough that we're completely and 100% comfortable with each other. Only problem is, I don't like the way he dresses but I can't find it in my heart to mention it.

He's a t-shirt and jeans kinda guy. Fine. I like his t shirts. But his jeans look dorky. And his shoes, jacket, etc too. And it's like he wears the same thing every day. I don't care if he doesn't wear expensive things but I at least would like him to dress nicer. How do I suggest he dresses better without sounding like a horrible bitch? I feel like if I tell him he dresses badly, it'd hurt his self esteem and make things awkward between us. I love him but, man, there's only so much I can look past.

Any suggestions?

Most Helpful Guy

• buy him clothes as a gift. When you walk around the mall suggest some clothes that will look good on him.

What Guys Said 1

• Offer to do his laundry and mysteriously make his ugly close dissaper so when ge goes to buy new ones they can be better ones

What Girls Said 2

• Hmmm, well if I were you I would randomly buy him a gift..Or maybe a few for a birthday or something..Get him a few nice outfits of your taste and maybe when he sees himself in them he will be like da*n I look good..And he might go out and have you help him pick some things out.

• i don't think you can really change that about him. being able to dress well is something you should be naturally good. but it also comes with practice. so he might get better at it with time. but from the looks of things he probably doesn't care at all. so the fact that you care isn't going to make him want to dress better. if you tell him he may or may not get pissed depending on his personality and beings that I don't know him I can't say.