Girls is 5"9 too short for a guy?

I have heard girls say they want a guy who's at least 6 feet tall or more cause taller guys are sexy and make them feel safe. Am I too short to get a cute girlfriend? : /

Most Helpful Girl

• 5''9 is perfectly fine. I'm 5"7, tall for a girl... I probably wouldn't date a guy shorter than me but the same height is totally okay, a bit taller even more. And to be honest to feel safe or protected has nothing to do with how tall a guy is.

I've dated this guy, kind of buff, 6"4, a cop... and I didn't feel safe at all... the guy I'm seeing now is 5"9, average build and it's a whole different story.

To feel safe and good with someone is a matter of appearance, behavior and attitude in my opinion

What Girls Said 10

• I think it depends on the size of the girl. As a general rule girls want a man to be taller than them. I'm 5'2 though. A man who is 5'5 is plenty.

• Ah don't worry cupcake :) I'm 5"9 and my boyfriend of 3 years is 5"4 and I reckon he's the mist amazing, hot, wonderful guy ever. When it comes down to it, I couldn't care less if he was 5"4 or 6"5 :) you'll find some cute girl that will think you're the cats pj's :)

• Girls do love those taller guys. But honestly? If they just want a tall guy to make them feel "protected" then they are probably a little shallow. They want the whole "stereotypical" romance. Fairytale romance. The works. I have a taller boyfriend who is 5'10. While that is a plus, I honestly don't care. How do you think "small people" get girlfriends? Cause girls like them for who they are.

I know this will sound stupid, but the only thing that matters is what you are on the INSIDE. Not what you LOOK like. Looks shouldn't matter in a relationship.

• Looks do matter. There has to be physical attraction otherwise it's just a super awesome friendship that you call a relationship.

• you are totally fine:) Girls normally don't really date guys shorter than them, but I'm 5"3 and I'm dating a guy that is 5"7. You are not even short what are you talking about:P

• ha.. honey your fine.. I'm 5'4 and my boyfriend is 5'8 and he only outweighs me by 15 lbs.. Trust me your fine.

• 5'10'' is average yes you're short.

Don't blame your height on getting a girl plenty of shorter guys have girls.

If you're ugly doesn't matter you can get a cute girl since most compromise/settle on looks.

• What universe do you live in? Just curious.

• I'm not kidding. My facts are straight as I didn't post about the average American woman height. Improve your reading comprehension before you throw a tantrum.

• The average male height in the US is 5'9 1/2 like I am now at 15... You americans are so short... Pretty ;) Lol jk About you being short.

• Most girls do not want a guy that is shorter than her but you will still be able to get a cute girlfriend. I am 5'3" and a 5'9" guy would be a perfect height for me but a girl who is 6' might feel differently. Also, if a girl is willing to not date you solely based off your height is that the type of girl you want?

• yeah I like the man to be tall, at least 5.8

• Girls usually just want someone that is taller than them. So just find a girl that is shorter than you, which is most girls, and I'm sure you'll be able to get a cute girlfriend.

• Nope, not at all. My current crush is only 5'6".

What Guys Said 6

• nahh your not to short most men are not even 6ft tall so they will get with you but you definitely won't be the first person there you will most definitely get a hand me down

• I hope not because I am only 5"9. But I hear girls want to feel protected or something junk like that.

• 5'9 isn't too short. I know guys that are 4 inches shorter with cute girlfriends. I'm only 5'10 myself.

• How much is that in CM?

• I am 5'7" and have not ever been told I am too short.

• I am just a little under 5'10" myself in india (no lies, i have checked many times on the stadiometer comes to 177 cm), so i was pretty insecure about it myself because well, the expression is tall, dark and handsome. Well i am dark so great lol, anyway just fatten up your wallet, buy a great house, leave these stupid complexes, people have greater problems, ask somebody your age from yemen or iraq, they'll tell you. Also to massage your ego a little, the best looking men are around this height some even shorter, eg- in bollywood we have hrithik roshan ( 5'10"), then there are all those hollywood heartthrobs like tom cruise, al pacino, zac efron (less than 5"8") etc. Frankly even amongst 6 footers i feel nearly their height not short, you probably should exercise and build a little muscle, keep it lean dont be buff else u will look even shorter. Also ps, fact that women should be 4-5" shorter than their men is bullshit, a nearly same height looks better