How can some girls look good no matter what, and others not at all?

My best friend is one of those girls who looks good no matter what. When first waking up, with no makeup and undone hair, she's cute. By straightening her hair and putting on some eyeliner and lipstick, she becomes a bombshell. I've never seen an outfit that didn't look phenomenal on her; doesn't matter if it was jeans and a t-shirt or a fancy dress, she always looks hot.

I can spend four hours in front of the mirror trying to fix myself up, but I always look like a mess. No amount or type of makeup seems to look good on me, but not wearing any also looks bad. No clothes fall right on me. I either look too fat (even though I'm actually pretty skinny) or what little bit of boobs and curves I have disappear and I look like a stick.

What can I do?

Has anyone noticed that things get automatically posted to Sexuality if you say boobs even once?

Most Helpful Girl

• Good skin. This requires diet and exercise, and vitamins. When you have naturally good skin you won't need much makeup.

Hair care. Get rid of split ends and go to a hair stylist and have them give you a great cut that frames your face and is low maintenance. Not something you have to style extensively just for it to look decent, you want a look that will be cute if you have to run out the door in 10 minutes if necessary. Also pay attention to the health of your hair and use products that give adequate moisture and conditioning.

Gym. Tone your body and get to a healthy weight. Develop your muscles and don't just be one of those girls that only does cardio and eats salads. Lift weights to get tones and curves. Clothes will look good on you when you look good.

Shopping. Buy clothes that fit you. Build your wardrobe and get classic pieces that fit you just right so you can coordinate them with anything you have. Find out what are your best colors and wear them closer to your face and buy colors that make your skin glow. Are you a WARM or COOL? Also wear jewelry, it adds interest to your outfit and helps you *sparkle*.

CONFIDENCE! After you have followed my advice you'll be looking good. That means you need to act like it. Walk like you know you're the baddest bitch because you are. Love yourself. If this is hard to do, put some sexy music on and wear the cutest outfit you have. Dance in high heels and a cute/sexy outfit on in the mirror. Look at yourself and pay attention to your best features. If you do this for 15 minutes everyday you'll start seeing yourself in a new light. Be comfortable with your womanhood and your beauty. Know that you are worthy and deserve all things good in life. Believe it or not, this outlook can affect your aura which shows in your looks. Girls who feel pretty and glow from the inside get added Pretty Points and always look better than they would if they were insecure and self loathing.

What Guys Said 4

• I think the guy who's too afraid to post using his profile is correct. You're being too hard on yourself. The 'grass is always greener on the other lawn'. You aren't living her life. It may be a curse to her that she can look so good wearing even a sack cloth. She might hate the constant attention she gets from guys where ever she goes wearing even the worst outfits. I think it's not only genetics like being able to eat anything you want and not gain weight but poise and confidence in yourself. There's nothing you can do about the genetics but the poise and confidence in yourself can be managed.

• girls who can do this are naturally really good looking, not to say girls who don't may not also be good looking.

• Man I love that kind of girl! Always looking hot in anything and just getting you turned on no matter what she does. And the best part is, when the girl is still smoking hot when she wakes up next to you in the morning with her early morning hair and not makeup. Round 2!

• So how can I become that type of girl?

• What does sex have to do with anything?

• Quite a lot, actually! Especially since it's one of the fundamental life forces and plays a HUGE part in attraction and attractiveness. For instance, some girls look really nice in photos, but just leave you kind of cold when you see them in real life. Others aren't terribly memorable in photos but when you see them move and are in their presence, you are inextricably drawn to them. It's their strong, primal, sexual pull. Confidence is part of it, but sex is another part.

• You are probably being overly critical of yourself. It's easier to see another persons positive points, whilst saving the negatives for yourself. I used to do that all the time and it led me down a spiral of self- loathing. Not good But anyway I bet you are exaggerating it (everyone always does- to an extent it's how we are conditioned in this society)

.ust try and be comfortable with yourself - instead of focusing on what's "wrong" focus on what you like about you. smile in the mirror. start to notice the little things that you like about your natural appearance. Of course you may just dismiss this as wishful thinking, and cheesy postivity, but at the end of the day, what's better to dwell on your "percieved" flaws and never be happy? or TRY and become comfortable with the way you look?

What Girls Said 8

• It has a lot to do with attitude. I've seen a lot of frumpy girls who could look way hotter if they just saw themselves that way. You need to relax and have fun. Focus on being healthy, not on changing your body.

You can't really get very far trying to fix your looks from the outside unless you've taken the time to deal with how you feel inside.

• I think you just need to stop downing yourself.This situation sounds entirely in your head to be honest.In all of what you wrote up top,you didn't manage to point out one thing concerning yourself that you actually liked.I think you just have some self esteem related issues to iron out. Girls always seem to at some point or another start comparing themselves to other girls,when in actuality...maybe you should put that same energy into focusing on how to love yourself more and be the BEST YOU. I'm sure that you are just as beautiful as your friend,but for some reason,you don't see it. Focus on loving exactly who you are.

• genes,what'cha gonna do... maybe you just don't know how to make yourself look good,i've never seen a woman that isn't or couldn't become beautiful,ask someone for advice,what you see in the mirror in most cases is not what people see when they look at you

• Well she has nice features I guess. You know, maybe you're just putting yourself down. Another girl could look at you and be like, "Why does she always look good?"

• Those girls are just naturally pretty based on genetics.

• LOL @ your update

Concerning your question, I have the same problem!

• Ginetics and also the opinion of who's judging weather they look good or not.. for example most people in todays modern society think that a fit girl is hot, someone not to skinny but defiantly not too large.. but, in my opinion chubby and hugable is really beautiful to me.

• Genes.

There's nothing really you can do, just dress nicely, wear nice make-up, good looking clothes, keep up with your hygiene. If you have any skin problems see someone about it to clear it up, if your out of shape go to the gym, if you have crooked teeth get braces etc... But I'm sure you look fine! Everyone picks themselves to pieces even if they look perfectly fine.