Is 5'4'' way too short for a female

Thats my height and it really depresses me :-( I feel like a midget

Most Helpful Guy

• Hah, a girl posted like 10 minutes ago asking if 5'6 was too tall.

Yes to both of you.

All women must be 5'5 exactly.

• lol whaaaaaaaaat... right in between ahah

I can tell you that I and pretty much all of my guy friends find short woman hot as hell. The shorter the better. To a certain point of course. Less than 5 ft may be getting a bit odd for a guy above 6 ft. Like me. Seriously. 5'2" to 5'6" is the sweet spot for female height in terms of attractiveness.

What Guys Said 29

• that is the exact average height for an American girl. I don't know where you are. but look up human height on wikipedia. and in fact...i actually prefer girls shorter than you. I have a thing for girls 5'0"-5'2" range. You would be too tall for me, unless you were really hot :)

• No, its cute. Fun size? :P the majority of guys prefer a girl shorter than themselves anyway, you just have more options open

• I don't think so. I'm 6'3" and have a friend who's 4'11" and although I tease her for being short, neither she nor I really care. If she was tall like me I'd tease her for that, too, because she's a friend and that's how our friendship works.

If you want to be taller, get used to walking in heels, but don't destroy your feet in the progress. Also, work up to the taller ones - its a skill.

• Anywhere from like 5'2" to like 5'10" is a great height for a girl... I don't usually find super tall girls all that attractive.

• I'm 5'1", dear. You ain't no midget.

• F**k no.

• No not really. I don't think your height is too short. You're fine just the way you are.

• that's not short. I'm only 5'1 so you're actually taller than me.

5'4 is at the top of my hight prefrence actually.

• NOO! perfect.

• That's not that short for a girl. It is a lot harder for short guys than it is for girls.

My sis-in-law is 5-1. My mom is 5-2, and yet I'm about 6 ft. My aunt was 4-10 and one of the most active people I know.

• That is a nice height

• 5' 4" is sexy

• That is an alright height I think it is cute

• 5'4 is actually fairly average.

link

• uhh you do know that the national average for women is ...drum roll 5'4'', well in the states atleast, are you from some land of giants where that is short?

• That's fine.

• noooo! I don't know about you but that's a GIANT for me...

• whats so bad about being short?

• I just hate it because all my mates are very tall like models and then there is me the midget amongst them

• You're not taken seriously very much for one thing.

• if your worried about attention from guys you won't have a problem their. If anything you will stick out more to guys when your with your friends. Not in a bad way either @ugliness if somebody can't take a person seriously because of height then you don't want their respect/attention anywaysywaystion anywaysyways

• It's taller than over half of all women(more than that if you count eastern world women), so you are not short at all for a woman, but a nice medium height. Quit whining, idiot!

• NOPE! It is PERFECT!

• Im 5'5 so I think you're fine =)

• my wife is 5'2" and I love it for so many reasons. sexualy, physicaly, and she is just CUTE

• You aren't short... you are fine.

• No , short girls are cute :)

• No way, its pretty average height for a girl. It's tall for an Asian girl :)

• Not even close. You know you're basically at average height for girls right?

• nope, my first crush was your height she was damn cute! XD

• met one about 5-5^2 I thought she was most perfect

• That's the average female height. Nothing wrong with it

What Girls Said 39

• Not at all, lol. I don't know where you're from, but 5'4" is the average height for females in America.

• I am 5'2 and I am OK with this : l!

• Guys are all over my 5'0" friend. She's adorable! Short people are just cute! :)

• Most of my friends are about 5 foot 2 and I wish I was. I'm 5 foot 6. I'm just tall enough that if I wear heels, I look enormous. Everyone remarks I'm tall for a girl. You're fine at 5 foot 4, it's easier and cuter.

• No it's not, and being tall isn't that fun anyway. I was 5'10 by the time I turned 13. I hate it I feel like a giant and I'm really insecure about my height also my 22 year old sister is 5'1 and my moms best friend is 4'11 I would kill to be 5'4! So enjoy it! :))

• I'm 5'4" as well. I have never felt like a midget- there are so many people SO much shorter! A lot of my friends happen to be tall, so I did go through a phase where I felt short, but then I realized that it was just by comparison. 5'4" is actually pretty average for a female!

• I'm 5'4" whereas my sis is 5'11" she's always envious of the fact all shoes seem to fit me and can get away with wearing whatever heal size I feel like.

And, I can just stand up under the overhead compartments in airplanes.

5'4" is the way to go.

Tall enough to not be constantly craning your neck, short enough to fit in more places.

• I don't know where you are from but in the US 5'4" is pretty close to the average height of women. In many countries the average is much smaller.

• You don't even know what it's like to be proper short. >:(

• I'm 5'4" too. We have the average height for females, we aren't midgets (at least I don't consider myself a midget).

• No. I know plenty of people shorter than you. Don't worry about it.

• That's the average height for a female, so no.

• Im 5'1 and don't have an issue.

• Heck no, it's not! All of us short girls have been there. I am shorter than you, and I love it. You just gotta embrace the fact that you are vertically challenged! The way I see it it, I don't have to duck, or risk getting my head smacked on a doorjamb. I don't have to worry about tree limbs smacking me in the face on campus like everyone else does. Embrace it! Besides, all of my guy friends said they prefer shorter rather than taller girls.

• No, that's average height. Most guys like short girls anyway. You should learn to love your height, better too short than too tall. I'm an inch shorter than you are and I'm fine with my height :)

• yur average

• No? I'm 5'2 and I wish I were shorter.

• short is not that bad lol. I'm 5'3 and I like it :) I can wear heels and still be shorter than my boyfriend. most girls hate being super tall so id say you're good lol

• ur only two inches shorter than me and people think I'm TALL. also there's a girl in my class whos like 4'9" don't worry you got it good girl

• *hugs* My mom's 5'4 and a lot of girls I know are about that...It's cute. lol

• It's not bad at all, I'm 153 cm which I think is 5'02 and I'll probably won't grow anymore, because of my genes and all.

My height wish is actually your height, it's perfect, be happy, you're very lucky :)

• I'm 5'4. Look on the bright side, you can still wear heels & (usually) not be taller than the guys :)

• nope. you're taller than me and many other girls.

• I am 5'4/5 I don't think I am a midget. Do you live around a bunch of tall people?

• HELL NO! girl I'M 5'4 and I love it! A lot of guys like short girls, some even think it's sexy. ofcourse if their taller then you, not that there's anything wrong with tall chicks but short is sexy girl! ;) guys dig short chicks...

• well I'm 5'2 :(

• I must be a dwarf then, I'm 4 11'.

I wish I was 5 4'.

• umm I don't think so that's my hight... and I don't feel to short

• Most of family members are tall...
    I'm 5'4 and the only short one in the family
    My younger sister sometimes gets jealous of me... Lol
    But i don't have a problem with it
    Being short is alright

• llol I'm 4'10.5 what does that make me?

• More from Girls
    9