Opinion on tank tops?

So I will change my profile pic for a couple days. What is your opinion on the tank top I'm wearing? I think it looks cool, but I've recently heard that girls assume any guy wearing a tank top is gay. Is that true?

Okay, new questions, what's the difference between a tank top, a wife beater, and a "bro" tank?

Most Helpful Girl

• you look hot... ;) haha

but id say urs looks more like a wife beater which can be fine for under button up shirts.. I hate it when guys where undershirts with tshirts... that's dirtbag status lol

but "bro" tops I guess there called after reading this are much more attractive... wife beaters just have a negative connotation. but I wouldn't think your gay. bro tops... its just thin, loose layer beween me and his muscles and you can see them so nice! lol. but I wouldn't deem you gay for wearing a tank top... just doesn't look as um classy as other choices

ur a hottie by the way haha

What Girls Said 9

• Uh my eyes roamed to your chin. Anyways, I don't think your top is "gay"

It's just a tank top not a garter :)

• You think my chin is gay? :( Well thanks for the input on the shirt! :)

• I decide to... take that as a compliment! Thank you very much.

• Ahhhh why your welcome your very very welcome

• Not gay... maybe a little too vain about his muscles though... I know that is not always the case that is just a fleeting first impression.

• ok, I know most people don't think that... but I feel like it makes guys look like tools:/ no offense... but its fine most people think its normal so

• theres nothing wrong with it... think whatever you want man... IT WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO B OFFENSIVE... I was giving you my honest impute I know a few of my friends think the same thing...

• It is OK. not quite "gay"

• Wife-beaters or tank tops... Hot. The end.

• yours looks more like a wifebeater, which are okay to me

but I like seeing a guy in a "bro" tank

• Which one is that?

• sort of yeah, they're not as tight too

• tank tops - generally for girls

wife beaters - intended to be an undershirt, could be more of a muscle shirt cause they're tight

bro tank - male tank tops

• yes.

• LOL. not gay. looks nice actually.

• not gay..

What Guys Said 4

• actually...most girls automatically assume a guy in a tank top is unemployed or a douche bag...i am guessing both for you!

• You are correct in thinking I'm unemployed! Why do you think I'm a jerk though?

• Well, it's not nice calling people douche bags. You know what that is right? Lots of girls get offended by using douche as an insult. But fine, why do you think I'm a douche bag?

• Whatever dude, next time at least have some reason to back it up kay? Thanks I guess.

• I only wear a tank top underneath a button up shirt. I don't like them, they feel weird, and a lot of girls I know don't like them- because they call them the wife beater

My girl will literally slap me if she sees me in one because it reminds her of the south.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the way they look. I don't get girls. haha

• Yeah, I hate it when people call them wife beaters. It makes me feel bad. She slaps you? Isn't that a bit... over the top?

• I know- it's not a wife beater unless it's on K-Fed.

And my girl hasn't given me all the details yet, from what I gather her life in the south was a living hell. She doesn't get angry about anything unless it reminds her of Texas.

Personally, I think the south has the greatest weather haha

• Tanks are boallin, I wear them lots more less just around the yard or the gym, I laugh when I see a guy in a nice restarant or a bar or some place like that in one, makes me laugh, jacked or toned rock it

• I sure hope I'm not gay because of my tank tops :O