What is the most you would be willing to spend on a jacket?

Wondering in your opinion what would you think is an acceptable price for a good sturdy jacket? I am figuring 300-400 dollars for something that will last around a decade if you treat it properly is acceptable. What is your opinion?

Oh and do consider everything is about twice as expensive in the UK (equivelent jacket would probably be 200 dollars in the US). Seriously expensive here -.-
Been looking around online and these seem good quality

link
Just one more opinion and I promise not to bother you guys anymore. From the website I linked which of the mens jackets you think looks cooler?

Most Helpful Girl

• oh yea a good quality leather jacket that fits perfectly is almost priceless:)

• Actually they do have a price. Around 700+ dollars :P

• ye after much thought I decided to go with that one.

• nice, that one's the best! thanks for BA:D

What Girls Said 23

• If it's leather jacket: $200 tops. If it's a regular jacket or coat that's made of good quality: under $150.

Out of the four men's jackets they provide (btw, I love ASOS), I like Classic Brando Leather Jacket and the Detachable Cotton Hooded Lambskin Leather Jacket.

• Probably not much more than $50. I don't have the money to be throwing around on expensive clothes, especially when I can get equally practical clothing for a lot less... I got a nice peacoat on sale for $20 a couple years ago and that's been good enough for me.

• If you are willing to spend $300-$400...then yes I think you should be able to find something that will last for at least a decade to come! Look for something that has a "timeless" style that you will want to wear for years to come. The most that I have spent on a jacket is $250.00...however, with that also said, I have found quality jackets on "sale" for less that would have originally been that price. Lately, I am on a budget so I can't afford to spend that kind of of money of anymore. I would encourage you to look at outlets (Banana Republic, Kenneth Cole, J Crew, Ralph Lauren) if you would like to save a little bit of money while your shopping. You may be able to get a light weight and heavy weight coat that you really like!

• It depends on what type of jacket. If this is a winter jacket that you need to stay warm during the cold times, then I would spend probably around 100-300 bucks on one.

If it's just a jacket to wear that is thinner, I wouldn't spend that much money because trends change very quickly. Maybe only spend 20-80 bucks on it.

• the most I would spend on a jacket I guess it would be 80euros (and that would be too much already - I don't like to spend money). the most I've spend was just 40e and I hope it will last for more 5years.

but if you want something that lasts 10 years I guess that will worth

• I spent about 35 euros on my jacket last year and I'm still wearing it this year... it's a wool coat that was on sale :)

• I was shopping a few weeks ago and was going to get a jacket.. til I saw that it was $89. I'm cheap, so about $40 would be my limit I think. I don't even like paying $40 for a pair of jeans. I just stick with hoodies. Lol

• I think that's reasonable. Depending on the brand, I would spend up to a thousand.

• $1000 on a jacket? O_O

WHY?!

• I am really tempted to buy it but I am so torn between the brown biker jacket and the bomber. The brown I think looks cooler but the black is more classic so I will be able to use it more often. decisions decision. ohh ye the gold chain was my grandmothers, it broke her heart she had it since WW2. It was in the locker room of my school. Left it on the counter while I took a shower and someone just took it.

• That's so mean! People can be terrible. And I strongly urge you to go for the black jacket. Classic wins every time. That brown jacket will be out of style next year. But maybe I'm just biased, because whenever I see a guy in black leather, it just does something to me.

• the most I spent on a pea coat is around 500

and much more than that for suit jackets, for interviews

• I just bought a $150 faux leather jacket. My winter coat was twice that price last year, and I'll probably spend around the same amount on one for this year. If that means anything at all. Anything over $400 and I won't bother though ahah

• $150ish? I don't buy sh*t for the brand, and you can get great quality stuff for that much. I have my priorities, and other stuff trumps an expensive jacket.

• This is gonna sound bad, but I never actually bought myself a jacket. My parents have always bought them for me. My most expensive jacket was somewhere around $1000 and my cheapest was $150 so anywhere between that is fine for me.

• 200 at most

• I top out around $40...heavy winter jacket- little higher.

I deal hunt like a fiend though.

• i think I would spend up to 500 that's my limit but if I had more money then maybe 1,000

• For a winter jacket.. I wouldn't spend over 200 personally.

• $50

• $200

• $250.

• just spent 1000 on one

• $50. I'm cheap. And poor.

Right now I have a jacket from Kohl's I got on sale in January last year for $35 and it was originally $130.

• $100.

• $60 I'm a cheapskate

What Guys Said 20

• The most I spend on a jacket is $800-1000, but that's for my motorcycle jacket. It's the "Brando" style with a few custom modifications. Given that, naturally, I'm going to vote for the Brando style out of the ones from the link. That'd be my first vote, with second place going to the mandarin collar one (the "cafe racer" jacket).

• Unless we're talking about a motorcycle riding jacket I probably wouldn't spend triple digit prices on any jacket, ever. Sorry but I don't place enough important on looks to be willing to spend triple digit prices on any article of clothing that doens't double as protective gear.

• That sounds about what a durable jacket will cost in the US, soif UK costs are double you're right on.

• I wouldn't spend that much on leather because its not a core piece I'd wear that much. I also caution you that it might not be something you really want to wear in 10 years.

That said, if you really want a kickass leather jacket, I've heard terrific things about temple of jawnz. I think you'd be spending about 50% more then you mention, but it would blow that crap away. People will be drooling. I believe they're mainly made to order.

• 1 jacket, 1 dollar ^^

• Well, when it comes to 'leather' jackets, I'm surprised that the ones in the links are so cheap. From my experience, any leather jacket of significant quality run upwards of $600 (at least). I would be skeptical of the quality of a leather jacket in the $300 range.

• i know it is a bargain. I imagine perhaps it is cheaper in australia to make leather goods but from the pictures it looks pretty good.

• Like a hundred bucks. I seriously would cringe if I spent that much, let alone more than that for a jacket.

• 100 but it better be a damn nice jacket lol

• About 450 GBP

• Winter jacket - $150

Other jackets - $50

• who would wear a jacked for a decade? not me. I prefer to buy not expensive jackets, around 40 GBP every year.

• Well, I spend a lot on clothes, but I don't actually like jackets.

• no more than 1000 for me

• I would pay 1000.

• i spend $150 on a puma jacket

• $50 bucks lol.

• With jackets I always buy expensive because it will last longer, if you buy cheap you buy twice!

• I'll go high and say 200, but that would be a winter jacket.

• 50 bucks or so. since I'm growing an it won't even fit next year or so.

• Some dude was gonna drop $300 on a belt, I mean I've heard worse.