Girls' opinion of men wearing Uggs.

I love to wear Uggs, and personally I do not understand why some people have problems with men wearing them. They were actually originally mens boots. Women only started wearing them 10 years ago, so I don't see why people think only girls should wear them. Plus girls wear men's clothes all the time, and girls wear manly looking shoes like Jordans.

Also girls would you never date a guy who wore Uggs, and if you saw one wearing them would it automaticlly be a deal breaker. Also I wear mine with my pants tucked in do you think that makes it even worse.

• Yes
  • No
  • Who cares, they are just boots.

Most Helpful Guy

• Really? I live near the tropics so I don't own a pair, but it seems absurd why people would feel that way. My friend passed by and I asked her what she thought of uggs on guys and she said she thought they would look 'cute' on guys if that gives you any satisfaction :P

I think they would look super fly with a trench/faux fur coat, even a nice Ushanka hat. I found this amazing pair and they look like something I'd buy.

link

And to f*** with what others think. People will give you lots of crap no matter what you do. Do whatever you feel like, and let them talking. Don't let anyone change you :)

These look damn comfortable and warm, and I'd totally wear them if need be. And they are not even like leggings or mascara or tight v neck shirts on guys that one would find them feminine. They look perfectly masculine, I know for a fact that lots of guys in Russia wear them, and hence you don't need to worry at all.

Plus, they are fashionably correct.

quick search:

q.chinasspp.com/uploadimg/ZoneOtherPic/421619-20090918094751.jpg

link

Ronnie wood of rolling stones ROCKS (no pun intended) uggs too. So chill and don't give a sh*t.

What Girls Said 11

• They make those for guys?

I think girls look stupid wearing them, the thought of guys wearing them is even more ridiculous.

• Yes they make them for guys. Sheepskin boots and Uggs were always worn by men. Uggs originated as male surfer boots. In Australia everyone wears them. I agree they might not look the best, but they are warm and comfortable. Ugg actually has a pretty big mens line.

• lots of guys now a days are very into fashion.

i personally don't see anything wrong with a man wearing uggs, yes it might look weird, but heck they're cozy boots! if he doesn't care&his girlfriend doesn't care, then I don't see why anyone else should either.

• First the skinny jeans - then the uggs.

What's next? Mini skirts?

• Personally, I think they are ugly shoes to begin with. Even when I see my friends wearing them, I think they are hideous. Sperry shoes were guy's shoes as well, until they were adapted for women--but for some reason, I don't appeal to guys wearing Sperries. Unless he is a hipster-artist guy from New York, I don't really 'feel' it. My recommendation...don't don the Uggs too much, if you're going to wear them. Girls typically like guys that wear the norm--Nikes, slides, etc.

• I don't wear Nikes, and I do not even know whaty slides are. Honestly from fall to spring all I wear are Uggs. I never understodd why a girl would judge a guy on footwear. Let me ask, if you saw a guy in Uggs would it be a deal breaker?

• Slides are those bogan sandals that guys AND girls wear after sports. Especially field sports like football (soccer).

• Uggs were actually made for men then women started to wear them. Many things worn by women today were made for men originally such as a pair of jeans hell the ancient Egyptians wore a skirt like garment called a shenti. I wouldn't mind if there was a man I knew who wore uggs but I will say that I prefer other types of boots on a man.

• Well I don't like them on girls, so no, just no. I get it that theyre comfie and warm blah blah but they're useless. They're not winter boots because they'd get ruined in the snow and if it rains during the fall then you're screwed.

• Why do you keep asking this question?

• maybe he likes his feet warm and snuggly. I personally DESPISE uggs. as their name so cleverly suggests, they are ugly. that being said I'd rather see dudes wearing them than chicks actually. you can wear ugly sh*t on your feet and it doesn't really matter. you're a dude. we know you can't dress yourself. that being said... maybe that assumed girlfriend of his decided it would be cute if they matched or something. who knows.

• OMG you saw Tom Brady!

• Tom Brady is not a man. Please do not tell me you find Uggs for men acceptable.

• uggs for anyone are completely unacceptable...

• I woudn't date a guy who wears Uggs. I don't even wear them myself.

• Nobody should wear them. I like your answer.

• I actually hate uggs on guys lol!

I know your saying they were originally for men but I think they are seen as womens footwear now, I don't know any guys that would wear them... but if I see a guy wearing them I just don't think it looks right at all. I don't think I would date someone who wore them (I know it sounds shallow) just because my first impression would be that they are gay.. just my opinion

• Why would you let footwear stop you from dating someone. Also I find it offensive who women wear men's clothe's and that is fine. Women wear manly Timberlands, and Jordans and that is fine, but yet a guy is gay if he wears boots that were originalyy worn for men. Also you cannot judge sexuality by ones footwear, gay is liking the same sex, not how one dresses.

• Also look at the percentage. 78% agree

• Not only are you shallow but you're ignorant. I have been wearing them for 25 years. I am 36. I was born 4 months before they became a company (1978). F#ck you and shame on all of you ignorant f#cks that judge a man for what he wears!! I will not change my surf culture for some dumb, ignorant b! tch who thinks lowly of me or judges me for my choice in footwear, or anything else for that matter. If you judge my character by my looks, you might as well off yourself because you are not worth the oxygen you are depriving me of.

What Guys Said 3

• My friend has Uggs that look just like hiking boots and I tried them on and they are super comfortable. I think it depends on what type of Ugg you wear and how you wear them. So I mean would you stop wearing Vans just because you saw another girl wearing them or would you just wear Vans that looked more appropriate for guys. There are some things that guys shouldn't wear that girls wear but shoes shouldn't really be one of them unless it's like pink sparkly heels.

• "and personally I do not understand why some people have problems with men wearing them."

Because they're furry and look like sh*t?

• Yeah they are furry so what? I know they aren't great looking, but they are warm, and comfortable.

• I agree but I am wearing Mens Uggs. I am not wearing women's clothes.

• Ignorant.

• Personally I see them as girls footwear.

I wouldn't wear them, and I would think it's odd for a guy to wear Uggs.