I don't like being called beautiful, is that weird?

I have nothing against compliments, and I don't have issues with my appearance. I just don't like it when guys refer to me as beautiful. Like if a guy says "Good morning beautiful". I won't get mad or go off on him, I just prefer that he know say it. Anybody else feel like this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. girl. I know how you feel. I get called pretty and beautiful all the time. I think I hate it because I already have an innocent and baby face. And I'm in my late 20's people always think I am younger than my age. It gets so f'ing annoying like geez, I'm almost 30. when am I ever gonna look my age. I take it as an insult because I am tired of being looked at as a teenager. Even tho it's a compliment I take offense because, I know they say it. Because of my baby face.. I get called cute too that is also annoying. So I think me and you both don't like it for somewhat. similar reasons otherwise it's a compliment. I'd rather be called sexy but because of genetics.. I'm "pretty" sucks but hey at least they don't say ugly.

What Guys Said 1

• He is just trying to get your attention and see how you respond to him. How girls respond back to a guy determines how they like you. Sounds like the girls posting here have some other issues. Just because an ex did the same thing as another guy does not make them the same guy. Don't keep comparing everything to an ex and treat people as individuals. Your taking something positive and turning into a negative thing!

What Girls Said 4

• Well I appreciate anything I get. But I think the reason you're feeling like that is because you might have gotten used to being called beautiful and it kinda lost it's impact on you as a person because you've been hearing it repeatedly. Maybe you're like me too and sometimes wonder if the compliments are sincere. That can also be the reason for not being completely into being called beautiful. Either way I don't think it's weird. It's just the way you are :)

• I feel the same way. I don't think of myself as beautiful, that's why it doesn't have as much of an impact on me as it would've if he called me cute, or adorable. I do act cute around a guy I like, plus it sounds more like me. I don't doubt the guy's sincerity though. I know he means it.

• Yeah I hate it because it just sounds like they are saying it because they have too. Not becasue you really are. I have the same issue with my appearance :(

• no I like being called beautiful. its different then being called hot. when a guy says beatiful he's refering to every part of you inside and out. hot just means boobs but etc.

• I really don't like being referred to as anything, I'd prefer he just say my name than call me beautiful,hot, pretty etc.

• oh. hmm is there any reason why?