"Stop a man in his tracks with a single look"

In the movie memiors of a geisha I remember the quote "you cannot call yourself a true geisha until you can In the movie memiors of a geisha I remember the quote "you cannot call yourself a true geisha until you can stop a man in his tracks with a single look"

Of course I'm not trying to be a geisha or anything but can this really be done? How can I do something like that but with the demurity of a geisha? Can something like that even happen in a place like the United States where no one cares much for demurity?

Sorry for the huge typo in the first paragraph.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most japanese women have the capability. It comes from total self confidence, the willingness to engage a man openly without prejudgment, fear, or intimidation.

It is possible because of the nearly absolute respect women have in Japan. Women here aren't able to relate in such an open way since they don't have that confidence.

What Guys Said 1

• A stop-me-in-the-middle-of-my-tracks look is one which comes from a lionness (e.g. Angelina Jolie look). If it happens a second time, I begin thinking what I'm going to say when I talk to her.

In my experience, this look is very rare and implies a family of personalities which may be even rarer.

What Girls Said 2

• LOL I tried that at school and I triped over a cord... Not such a smart idea LOL I love that movie!

• Maybe they are talking about that "come hither look". Like look at him with sex in your eyes while maintaining a nonslutty appearance.