Girls what would you think about a guy who always wears basketball shorts?

I always wear basketball shorts because they are comfortable and I do not like wearing jeans, they are uncomfortable and hot. I do not like the look of cargo shorts at all. Girls what would you think if a guy in your class came in wearing basketball shorts, would it matter at all?

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally would not judge (I wear nothing but flip flops all the time!)

However, I would recommend keeping at least one pair of nice shorts/jeans/pants around. Ladies definitely don't mind a guy who likes to dress up from time to time. Also, I would keep in mind when it's appropriate to wear basketball shorts and when you should grab a nicer pair, as they are incredibly casual (And not always the most flattering.)

• I own 5 pairs of jeans and a pair of dress pants and I do wear them when going somewhere more formal, but generally those occasions are few and far between.

What Girls Said 13

• That's what all of the jocks at my school wear, plus those weird calf socks. I don't really mind how basketball shorts look, but it makes me question the wearer's personality. My guy friends, guys that I think are hot, and guys that I like rarely wear basketball shorts. The douchebags and immature guys wear basketball shorts all the time.

That being said, summer sucks for guys! You have so few options to keep your legs cool XD

• Well, I'm not a jock and I would never wear calf socks.

• Nah that's cool. It wouldn't matter.

• Have some variety in your wardrobe.I like basketball shorts but wearing them too much would make the guy come off like a bum.that's something you wear during work outs or just lounging around.it's the equivalent of a girl always wearing sweatpants because she says their more comfy

• What about wearing them to college classes?

• I wouldn't care because its your body. Of course I would constantly wonder if you have any other kind of pants besides basketball shorts

• I do have other pants.

• If a guy wore basketball shorts often it'd be okay. I think it would get on my nerves if the guy wore it everyday though. In general I don't really mind, but do you have any other type of pants? For other occasions and stuff.

• Like 5 pairs of jeans and one pair of dress pants. I normally just chill at home. When I go out it is either to golf or go to my college classes,

• I don't like it, it matters. If I had to be critical I'd think he was lazy. Even though cargos are like no-nos, basketball shorts would be a hell-no-no-noooooo.

There are nice looking pants that are just above the knee that aren't jeans or cargos. They'd make you look smart.

• i'd think that you are either

1) a sportsman or

2) confident about your body

• Neither actually.

• hhmmmm I haven't seen you, so it's quite hard to judge

• It's not the worst thing ever but still.

• Id think he loves the sport

• I do like sports, but I do not play them.

• Every day would be kind of pushing it. There comes a point when you get to like 15 that you really grow out of basketball shorts unless you're working out or something. It really gets on my nerves when guys wear shorts in the winter too.

• I live in Florida so it is usually hot all the time.

• I like guys who dress nicely so I probably wouldn't be interested.

• What would you say is dressing nicely?

• Well usually nice casual wear is a pair of nice jeans and a button up or a nice shirt.

• As long as he isn't wearing them when he takes me out on a date. I had a guy show up in sweat pants and a tshirt for out first date and I never called him again. If I'm gonna put effort into getting dressed upto go somewhere, so should you.

• Well on a date I would wear jeans.

• to be honest, I really hate this bball shorts and socks fad that guys are into. I understand if you actually jsut came from a game with your friends or jsut wearing them every once in a while. But all the time is way to much especially since a huge majority of guys that wear said clothing are never coming from an actual bball game and don't really play bball unless it is through a video game. If a guy were really cute and I was interested in his personality enough to get to know him or ask him out I would not if he wore bball clothes all the time, sorry. it really is the ONE thing that turns me off physically from guys. Plus to me it conveys a laziness and a particular personality thing that makes m think you are only wanting a slut to sleep with and are a jerk, only because most of the guys that I know that follow this fad are exactly that

• Socks fad? I wear normal shirts if you are thinking that. Most of the time I am at home or in a college class. I have never had a girlfriend or kiss.

• yeah, even if you were good looking, the same message comes across, even if you looked like tom cruise or ryan gosling or something,you might have like a 5% better chance, again it speaks more to your personality and mental health,if you don't care enough about yourself to wear things that make you look and feel good then that means you have anxiety or mental hang ups and such which is OK, most people do, but the difference is a person's maturity. If you can't make the best of your life then

• that sends red flags that you have really low self esteem or have maturity or mental health issues. Again most people do, no one will think less of you for it. But the point of life imo, is to make your life and the lives of those around you better. How can you be someone others want to be around or respect if you are lazy or let the things you fear dictate your life. No one wants to be with someone who will only bring them down or add stress to their life, all relationships are about joy

• once and a while I don't care. but everyday?

What Guys Said 1

• I love wearing them instead of jeans too! I don't really care what anyone thinks. They are comfortable, I like the way the feel, & the way they look.