What Is Natural Beauty?

I keep hearing that word[s] being thrown around.

I don't understand what natural beauty is, and it's frustrating me.

When people say they prefer natural beauty, it sounds like they mean no makeup and no artificial enhancements.

So is this girl considered a natural beauty since she has no makeup on?

link

When they give examples of these so called natural beauties, most of the time they look like this:

link

So basically natural beauty naturally looking pretty much perfect/being born perfect (which is extremely rare), and that natural beauty only applies to that small percentage of people?

and that it doesn't matter whether I wear makeup or not, ugly is ugly no matter what you put on or take off. That sucks.

Most Helpful Girl

• The girl in the first link could be naturally beautiful, but she isn't flaunting what she's got!

She could be like Toula in 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding'

link

And then transformed into!

link

I do agree with you though. Naturally beauties are always pretty girls.

But pretty doesn't have to mean skinny bodies and perfect jaw lines.

For example

link

^^ This girl clearly isn't skeletal, and she doesn't have perfect features like Jessica Alba, but she uses her clothing/her hair/her make-up to show off her natural beauty.

I think you should watch (one of my favourite programs these days): 'Snog, Marry, Avoid?'

link

^^ There's the link for one of the eps if you aren't British.

After watching some of that, you'll see that anyone has the ability to be naturally beautiful!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• i think as long as you look flawless as much as possible without make up or w/e. I use mineral make up and it looks natural. as long s there isn't bright colours and it looks 'natural'

• jessica alba is naturally attractive, without makeup and photoshop. natural beauty means someone who's pretty without makeup, not but not everyone has that, which is why it's desirable.

• natural doesn't mean 'natural' to guys - if you are beautiful and wearing a lot of makeup but look like you are wearing none, then you'll be considered a 'natural beauty'.

• Thats completely tru. Guys don't know what a lot of makeup really is. Sometimes it takes a lot of makeup to achieve the 'natural' look. Just don't pack it on nd ull be 'naturally' beautiful in their eyes. Its weird but tru.

• Natural beauty is a combination of being beautiful, naturally. The girl in the first link is just unattractive so she couldn't be a natural beauty. It doesn't have to explicitly mean no makeup, but the makeup has to look soft and natural-ish. Even though Jessica Alba is wearing makeup, most guys won't automatically look at her makeup first because the look is soft and drawing attention to her natural beauty and not being made up.

• Jessica Alba has natural beauty because she's still considered "smokin' hot" without any make-up on, and she does have a nice shape/body.

• I think what people mean by that is that a girl is pretty and she doesn't look like a plastic whore.