How bad is it for a girl to look boyish?

I look relatively boyish, face wise :( body wise, I look like a chick, cause I have curvy measurements (37-24-37, but I weigh less than 115 lbs). Anyways, my face is pretty boyish. Less manly(grown man), but more of a boy(young male lol). I think my chubby cheeks and nose are to blame >.< but I want rhinoplasty either way and I've thought of buccal fat removal

How bad of a thing is that?

I have a boyfriend, so it can't be too bad. but I'm just asking for opinions

Ok, I'd appreciate serious answers and not patronizing crap. thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• there is this dove commercial I saw which I think you should watch from beginning to end

link

watch it, I feel like you are worried about nothing and that you are over exaggerating/ viewing yourself in a pessimistic view...

you have a boyfriend, why are you worried? I feel that you have self esteem/ confidence issues or else you would not even be asking this question on this site.

you will never experience love until you can love yourself.

What Guys Said 15

• I think you're just too critical of yourself. I can't see any pics of you so I can't really say you look boyish or not, but I really just think you're being negative. If you're under 115 lbs and you have chubby cheeks, I don't see how you're not feminine.

• Lol, what is this "hot or not" blind people addition? Just post a picture or something if you want people to tell you how you look. You sound cute to me, though! In my opinion, I'd rather have a girl who is naturally plain than surgically "attractive." Not to say that a 37" bust or a round face are plain or unattractive.

Love yourself and everyone else will follow suit.

• Boys and girls, are not that different in the face. It isn't until puberty that males develop a more masculine looking face.

• Ok, well, I'm 19 so I'm not a little girl, so I shouldn't look like a little boy in the face

• Little boys and girls, have similar faces, Especially when the are very young. If your face looks like a little boy, then it may still look like a girls face, by default. As long as you don't have a very masculine face, it won't matter much. Even then, long hair can go a long way to help your face look more feminine. Lots of girls, look like little boys after they cut their hair really short.

• well yeah, I do feel like my face is more masculine because boy features are masculine. They're just not manly masculine

• I'm not sure anyone else would see it that way. The difference between boyish and feminine is pretty limited.

• Nothing wrong with pretty girls who look like cute boys if you're into that! lol!

/ducks

XP

• Lemme get this straight...you ask a question...get skeezed because our opinions aren't what you expected or we decide to crack a few jokes here and there. You then downvote most of us and call us patronizing? well well well...aren't you full of surprises! >.<

• Yeah. It was so weird because everyone at work who I told the story to said how skinny I was and how he was nuts, but because HE said it, I didn't really believe him, and I felt I practically looked like Honey Boo Boo's mom when I looked in the mirror. And he told me he was fine with my body type in the beginning when I explained what it looked like and why. I don't know why so many guys like to pick out flaws, criticize makeup style, etc. I wish they would just not date me period.

• Who's honey boo boo?!? O.o

• I think a boyish face shape, with a square jaw, is HOT.

• Don't ever discredit yourself out. It's important that you accept who you are, so that the right person can accept you. Life isn't about taking yourself down, but building yourself up through experiences. If you never try to experience what life has to offer, you will never know what everyone thinks of you. Have faith in yourself and most of all have faith in God.

• Can you put some examples of the type of face you mean?

• If that previous picture was you, you are being ridiculous right now and over thinking you're insecurities.

• No, that wasn't me. nice try though

• I wasn't trying anything.. just saying IF it was you.

Even so, how you feel about yourself sexually is more to do with how guys make you feel than what you see in the mirror. You can't be a fair judge of yourself on that.

• your face is very feminine to me haha

• It's not a bad thing.

Most beautiful girls have a boyish side though a lot of men still swarm around them.

• It is not that bad or as bad as I think you think it is. Like others have alluded to many young women look like prepubescent boys. Even related to this is that in many cartoons/anime/manga the little boys are voiced by women. Androgyny is more commonly seen in women and it really doesn't effect yall much. Some make up here and there would eliminate your problem more than surgery (and cheaper too). Your body sounds very womanly indeed and I'm sure you know that too.

This WOMAN has no problems

link

link

link

link

link

• Wouldn't change a thing.

• I don't think I would ever mistake you for a guy with curves like that ;) as long as you don't look like a man your fine.

• Well yeah, that's why I said body wise I'm OK. face wise I look like a boy. that's why I have never cut my hair short

• Not such a good thing tbh. I like soft and feminine

What Girls Said 2

• I thought chubby cheeks were feminine and a sign of youth? Older women sometimes get fat transfers/fillers put into their cheeks to look more feminine and youthful. I think you're over thinking it.

I believe Megan Fox got buccal fat removal or something around 2011 and she looks a lot older/sunken in now. She was so hot before. :( link

Also, Ginnifer Goodwin is adorable and has a round face if this is what you're talking about: link , link .

• yah I would have to agree. the after pic on megan fox is much worse. and ginnifer looks cute if that is considered a "boyish" face.

• Thanks. I hate cookie-cutter beauty that makes the rest of us feel like crap if we "fall short."

• I have boyish features as well, If I took a head shot of myself you would swear I was a man.