Are tall women angry with short women about getting tall men?

I have been reading on some web sites about tall women being bitter about tall men preferring short women. This one girl was very mad and ask the question why can't short girls go with short guys. So tall girls can have the tall guys. I think this was a little silly. I think men and women are attracted to who they are attracted to. I am not saying all tall guys want short girls. This girl just ranted on and on about it. Blaming short women. She was 6 ft tall. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that it is more frustration than anger. I mean most girls want their guy to be taller than them. When a girl is already tall, her first choice would be a tall guy. Statistically speaking less than 10 % of guys are tall so every time a short girl gets with one that means one less potential guy. The tall girls get frustrated as the already limited stock gets smaller. Many women tall women don't mind though. What does height really help with in 2014? There are plenty of other ways to make a girl feel protected and vulnerable. A tall partner is great, but a good complementary partner is better

What Guys Said 6

• Short women for relationships and tall ones for a one-night-stand for me.

• Tall women wouldn't have this problem if they actually did the approaching.

That said, I understand their frustration.

• So you think short women take all the tall men away from them?

• I've noticed short girls with tall guys a lot, not just average guys but TALL guys, which is ridiculous really: it makes kissing and hugging and even talking pretty difficult. That said, short girls aren't 'taking away' tall guys. Tall girls can't reserve tall guys in the hope that they'll get them somehow. A single guy is fair game. Tall girls need to be less passive maybe.

That said, short guys have it worst. Hardlly any girls seem to like them, even short girls!

• Maybe so...I am 5ft 2 and my boyfriend is 6ft 3. He loves me being short. And I can sit in his lap for kissing, hugging and talking. Or anything else.

• I don't know! Am not particularly attracted to short women... but you end up with some, because women tend to be smaller made anyway.

As for the problem that taller women have, I can understand their plight. As it is there are so few TALL guys they can choose from (specially if a girl is above 6 feet). So anyone taking one of those away, cuts into their 'available pool' very sharply...

• I can see that. If I was a tall woman I would be quite frustrated. The worse thing is, short women (Some, not all) won't even consider short men. There are some women who are barely 5ft who only want guys who are 6ft and above. I mean, I can understand they want taller guys but is that much taller really necessary? These same girls won't even date guys who are like 5'6'' - 5'10''. I'm sure even if they wore heels these guys will still be taller than them, even though they won't be as taller than a guy who is over 6ft. At the end of the day people say a short guy with a taller girl (even if it's a couple of inches taller) looks funny. But it's also funny to see a midget girl with a towering guy.

I'm average height (5'9'') so even I have had trouble with short girls. I tend to avoid the short girls these days.

• That girl doesn't get it. As a tall girl, it's HER who should be going for short guys. There's a reason why opposites attract.

• They're just mad because no guy wants tall women

• Just curious...why is that?

• Women don't want short men, men don't want tall women

just how it works

• Au contraire. I'll take a tall woman any day. I'm average height and have dated a few.

What Girls Said 7

• I'm almost 6'0" and if I look at this in a purely height statistics way, then yes, I get how it can sort of feel like the tinsy girl is being a little greedy. She's got a 50% of the population pool and I have a 10%. Thing is, I doubt she chose the guy for his height alone so irritating as it is to have one less option when you already have very few, I would never blame her for wanting someone in the overlap. Plus, obviously the guy in this situation is down with little girls so physically it wasn't going to be a match anyhow.

• I am 5ft 2 and I do tend to go after men 6ft or taller. In fact the guy I am seeing right now is 6ft 3. But I don't put a gun to these guys head and make them want a short woman.

• Yes I did...I also read where you said you think the tinsy girl is being a little greedy.

• I said "can sort of feel like" and I meant for about 3 seconds. Not "I think". Nor do I continue to think this regardless of reason, for the reasons I have outlined after. What I was attempting to get across to you was that I can somewhat understand the basis of the sentiment expressed by this woman you spoke of, but think her outburst is silly and unwarranted.

• I don't think all tall women are mad as us. But I think many at last think about it. I'm small 5ft2 and my boyfriend is 6ft2. One of my friends is tall, she's around 5ft7 (well tall for me). When I told her his height the first time she said jokingly "Why do you take away the tall men". She was joking but the fact that she said it made me think that it's on her mind.

Honestly, I like taller men. I'm so small that almost every guys are taller than me, I didn't chose to have a tall boyfriend. I understand where they come from, they want a taller boyfriend just like us but they have...less men left in a way. I just don't like to be blame for that.

• Some are, yes. I have read this on the internet and witnessed it in real life. Mostly they say it in a kind of "bitter, just kidding but not really" kind of way.

• Haha that's kind of funny, I never really heard of that before..I mean yea if you're tall, you tend to be attracted to taller men. I'm 5'6'' and my boyfriend is 6'4''.

• Fuck yes.

But not to the point of ranting.

But look at it this way: Most females want a mate who is taller than her. A girl who is 5'2 can find a guy who is 5'6 more sexually desirable than a female who is 5'8.

• I agree. My boyfriend is 6ft 3. I was married over 20 years to a guy that was 5ft 8. For some reason I am now more attracted to guys over 6ft. I never thought about it before.

• It happens. I'm only 5'7 and I've dated guys who are 5'7 to 6'7. Height isn't everything, but it is nice to find someone who is taller than you. My last boyfriend preferred taller girls, so I don't think all tall guys prefer short short girls, though. It's all individual.

• I don't think short women are "stealing" the tall men. I just think most men are more attracted to short women than tall women. If they're are going to get mad at anyone, get mad at the men. Its not short women's fault that men prefer short.

• Every tall girl I've ever known had a boyfriend. Short men are far more angry.

• I am just going on experiences and what I have read. But I can see how a short guy could be angry.