Is "beautiful" only for women?

I personally think that men can be beautiful, do you girls think so? And guys, is it insulting to hear you are "beautiful"?

Most Helpful Guy

• The only looks-related compliment that I don't wholeheartedly like is 'cute' because it implies friend-zone.

But, 'beautiful', 'handsome', 'good-looking', 'attractive' and 'sexy' are all great compliments. I've been called them all, and my favorite is 'sexy'.

What Guys Said 9

• Certainly not, especially when I throw on my pump heels and a matching skirt.

• I say reserve that word for women...no man relishes in being called "beautiful".

Same as calling a woman handsome!

• It's not insulting however the correct term, is handsome. It's very empowering for a woman to call a guy handsome. You rarely hear it anymore

• The wording may have a different association with guys and girls,

I could not label a guy as "beautiful" as (from my point of view) it would only apply to girls,

• only handsome word for guys.

• Not insulting at all... It's a compliment lol

• If someone said that I was a beautiful man it would be a compliment I would gladly accept.

• Especially if it were coming from a beautiful woman!

• Beautiful implies attractive in a feminine sense, which is offensive to men. You don't hear men asking why we can't call women handsome. How about showing men the same courtesy?

• Why do you seem annoyed about an innocent question? She was just curious

• Guys are too ugly to be beautiful looking

What Girls Said 8

• I hear it mostly used towards women.

But I feel that it can be used towards men as well.

But usually the equivalent of calling a man beautiful, is to call him handsome.

• When you say a man is beautiful, you are referring to his spiritual qualities

When you say a woman is beautiful you are referring either to her spiritual qualities or her physical qualities but mostly her physical qualities

• When I saw this picture, I thought about your question. Here's an example of a beautiful man link

I've called a guy people before, he had soft feminine features. Plus the long hair didn't help. I think only the assholes or the ones who think they are too macho will dislike it. Others will think of it as a compliment or be thrown off because its probably something they've never heard before.

• It depends on the type of attractiveness on the guy.

Example: Orlando Bloom is beautiful, and Liam Hemsworth is handsome, its just a different classification like girls with pretty, cute, and gorgeous.

• Some men are beautiful, lol like ones who have somewhat feminine features.

I don't hear many women called handsome but have heard it, I find it odd also when a man is called beautiful but whatever it doesn't bug me.

• Idk why, but I can't call a guy "beautiful". I can call him "handsome", "hot", "sexy" or "attractive", but not "beautiful".

• i don't believe it's limited to females

• No, I have seen some men I think are beautiful. I once saw this guy totally naked, he had just got out of the Marines, my mouth drop open...he had the most beautiful body I have ever seen, damn it was fine.