Women, why do you wear short shorts - for the style, or to attract guys?

My Ex girlfriend was very hot! So hot she would wear short shorts and was mad because every guy gawked at her, but still wanted to dress sexy because she said she looked good ! I told her not to wear that revealing clothing if you don't want guys to stare at you! She did not take my advise! Why?

Most Helpful Girl

• because girls say the don't want to be starred at, but really it's flattering when they do, so it's a lie when we say we don't want to be looked at. she was just trying to sound modest lol.

• She should not have told me. I didn't care what she wore but then when you complain guys are starring at you, then I told her, don't wear it .

What Girls Said 10

• There are a number of possibilities. It all depends on what you know about your Ex and what her personality is.

1.) The woman just wants respect. She wants to be able to wear what she wants, when she wants, without how you put it, gawked at. It's the, I like looking sexy so get over it, thing.

2.) Like how Ivarei put it, she is liking the attention but she's trying to be modest.

3.) The possible reason why she didn't take your advice is because you didn't compromise with her. Girls like her, like to wear sexy things. So if she's wearing short shorts and a tight fighting t-shirt. Ask her to take a jacket or something thin that (if it's in the summer) won't get her sweating to badly but she can still cover up if she feels like she's getting stared at. She might resist the idea but be persistent and if she doesn't take it. You take it or throw it in her car or something. Trust me, it'll help.

But hey. I'm a complete stranger on the Internet. I don't know you, your Ex or the situation of the problem enough to give better advice. I wish you and your Ex luck on fixing the problem.

• The woman just wants respect. She wants to be able to wear what she wants, when she wants, without how you put it, gawked at. It's the, I like looking sexy so get over it, thing. << OK but dress-well to respect others, men and their kids.. Your cleavage and booties hanging around too much to annoy people and their kids. They don't want and don't want to have to look at you, but you swing by :: gross... You want my kids to start dressing indiscreet, immature, disrespectful, indiscreet, inconsiderate, ungrateful, not genteel and not ladylike like you, little whore, crazed attention seeker! and you want my boys to soon engage in teenagers sex?

• I don't wear them to attract guys but I guess when I do dress up, guys tend to stare yes. I do it for trends and because my friends are also sometimes and I like to match what they're wearing when we go shopping or whatever. and it's summery and hot so I would tend to wear short shorts but I mean, I make sure I'm covered. like it isn't too short lol

• She wasn't really mad.. and believe it or not, some of us tend to dress in more revealing clothes once we settle into a relationship... it's a good rush when we know people are looking and can't touch, and some guys tend to treat us differently when they know we're being looked at.. (aka more posessive, and we like that feeling)

• Some girls do like the attention others do it for style. Where I live I see girls were short shorts all of the time and in a very casual manner. I do agree with some of the other post in that your girl did like the attention and wasn't angry...she just made it an issue to make sure you are aware of the fact that others are checking her out. I can admit gawking can make a person feel like a piece of meat but if nobody looked it would be another issue. lol

• Wass she trying to make me jeloius?

• I mean, what was I suppose to say to her when she tells me this?

• I personally think she wanted you to acknowledge that other guys were looking at her. Some girls like when their guys make a fuss over them and maybe she is one of those girls. I definitely don't think she was upset by the looks and I can't totally say she was trying to make you jealous... maybe she was just looking for reassurance from you in that they are gawking because 'shes hot' and not because of her revealing clothes??? I think she wants compliments actually but she is fronting as if she does not

• it normally depends on the girl

sometimes (esp. when its really hot) girls just like to wear short shorts to stay cool

others wear them cause of the style and they look good

• I wear them because they are comfy. Her getting mad was probably just a show for you to make you feel better, like to prove she only wanted your attention. I know guys are going to look, as long as they don't touch I won't complain.

• Well I wear shorts to show off my toned legs. But shorts is really comfortable and is a winner for lazy girls who don't bother to go on a closet rampage for a perfect style. I don't wear jeans 'cos it kinda make my legs look big.

• I only wear them on the beach. Your ex probably liked the attention but didn't want to admit it.

• I don't think she's mad (for real), or else she would stop wearing it. If anything she enjoys the attention and says "she's mad" to draw attention to the fact that guys are gawking at her. Which, conveniently, is her reminder to you that "you are not the only one, so work harder to keep me." I personally dress as I wish (I happen to look fantastic in short shorts, haha) even in a relationship, I don't see why I have to change myself, and I do enjoy the looks from guys--but even more when I hold on to my boyfriend a little closer and give them guys the "you can't have me" look.

• I don't wear shorts for 2 reasons. One, I don't really like how they look, I prefer pants. Two, I'm wayyyyyyy to self-conscious to wear them even if I did like them.

What Guys Said 5

• lol buddy first of all don't try to control what your girlfriend (ex or present girlfriend) wears. A girl, not all, but a lot of them LIVE in style. Don't mess with that. Second, she's hot and every guy wants her but who did? YOU did. So don't be jealous JUST because guys look at her. Which leads to the third part. Women don't like the "jealous boyfriend", why?, because it means that you are insecure. Insecure, a part of ALL human kind, don't showing a girl that you aren't one of them makes her attracted to you the more you show...confidence.

Realize that YOU my friend, deserves the best. Now be the man.

• I had no problem with her wearing sexy stuff, just could not understand why she would wear this if she didn't want guys starring at her! I wouldn't mind if they did, but she is complaining about it. She just brought it on herself!

• She was likely not ignorant of the commotion she was causing but felt that it was the guys place to pretend not to notice. She wanted the attention just so that she could protest about the same. So she's gone? Ahem, good for you.

• I have been seeing quite so many women around putting on pairs of short shorts... so sexy, confident.. shameless, more or less or not at all slutty depending on each person. However, my eyes are getting sored by seeing too much flesh and too many booties. And that I am no longer feel like being driven by your sexiness and cleavage showing.. I find that dressing style is mediocre and cheap. I feel gross, offended, rude and yucky when seeing girls that passby on short shorts like they are around home, - insane, perverse, childish, trashy, defiant, provocative, booty style. I don't dare starring at them, I just gave them a quick look, quiver-shiver, and feel shy (some for me by seeing too many sex objects hanging, most for themselves as it is like they have no faces to lose and are not afraid of being disgraced). The style is immature, disrespectful, indiscreet, inconsiderate, ungrateful, not genteel and ladylike to surrounding people. It looks boyish and zero to compare to girly, elegant & decent girls in dress, skirts and pants. Today most guys are still dressing appropriately, genteelly, a bit of traditional but gentleman-likely, elegantly, maturely and respectfully towards the society, especially nicely and gently to girls.. while girls, sadly are degrading themselves and losing streak. It looks ridiculous when couples going out with guys on long pants and girls on short shorts.. That is like a pair of in-equal chopsticks.. that is not matching unless guys should wear short shorts. All that being said, girls should receive more education to love themselves properly, dress discreetly and not way too much casually like that.. Women gain equality in society and receive utmost respects from guys, so women should conversely treat other people respectfully and appropriately, starting by not dressing too arrogantly and wildly.
    I tell my children not to behave like girls of these days (very naughty, gross, blatant, coarse and vulgar), not to pick on those girls for their marriage

• Why do girls no matter how fit or unfit they are decide all men want to see their legs up to their twee twaa? For some reason its OK to look like a whore if you are a girl, yet I am laughed at when I show my knees wearing my shorts. My girlfriend says I should weare longer shorts to avoid the jabs. Some people think its "gay" but it is comfortable. There are certainly "gay"eople who wear long shorts and they look as uncomfortable as the dudes out there.

Why is it OK for two women to share an innertube at the beach and rub suntan oil on each other but a dude can not even look at each oether? Not that I want to do that with a dude, but I sure wonder if those girls are lesbos leasing the men.

• Most girls in shorts shorts are mean, very mean and rude!

• Are you really between the ages of 36 and 45? Anyhow you should learn to trust your women. If she's got a healthy body, there is nothing wrong with flaunting and showing off what's she's worked hard on. That doesn't she wants attention or that she's cheating. It just means she's comfortable with her body. So let her do what she wants to do. But she's your ex now so it doesn't matter.