Girls: How important are perfect teeth in a guy?

Just wanted some feedback from girls, how important is it for a guy to have perfect straight/white teeth?

• Somewhat Important
  • Very important
  • Not Really Important
  • A little important but not that much
  • i dont care at all

Most Helpful Girl

• Somewhat important. You can't always help not being born with perfectly straight teeth, and not everyone can afford braces. However, you do have power over your dental hygiene. So having fresh and white teeth is almost a must for me. They don't have to be perfectly white, but they should definitely not be overly yellow or even brown.

• I take very good care of my dental hygiene, My teeth are completely white. its just that I have this bottom-layered tooth right in the middle, that is more in the front than the others. and it gets me very paranoid

• Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

• Anytime :)

What Girls Said 14

• We get free dental care when you're young in Britain so here, there's no real excuse to let yourself have crooked teeth and there's definitely NO excuse for having yellow/rotting teeth. I don't mind crooked teeth but if they're yellow/rotting, I couldn't date the guy because it's not only disgusting, it says a lot about his character.

• Guys should always take care of their teeth, cause when your dating a girl , when y'all kiss and your mouth is so nasty , their will be a after tast. TRUST ME! BRUSH YOUR TEETH! SAME GOES FOR GIRLS! DONT BE NASTY!

• for me it isn't really important. The only thing I ask, is that you have teeth and they aren't yellow. If you have teeth and you brush everyday, then we should be straight :)

• Somewhat important. They don't have to be very straight or very white, but he should take care of himself - that includes his teeth. xD
    Health is the most important here - healthy teeth.

• i dont care whether they are straight or shiny, as long as they are clean

• not really important

• i actually dont find perfect teeth attractive at all! i like guys with big goofy teeth and smile lines :D perfect teeth just look a bit unnatural to me is all 0_0

• For me, very important. My dad is a dentist, so it's something that I focus on. If they don't look nice, at least have good oral hygiene.

• Teeth are very important to me. However, not that they are perfectly straight but that they are well taken care of. Floss, clean and freshen often and make sure they are not stained.

• Perhaps a bit. I couldn't handle yellow jagged teeth. It just signifies not being healthy.

• Very important I need a nice smile

• I always prefer a nice smile but will usually give a guy a chance if A) his teeth aren't totally awful and he's planning to get them fixed in the next couple of years, B) his breath is fresh and he make his best effort to keep his teeth white, C) he's otherwise handsome and a good guy.

I need to be attracted to someone and a mouth full of crooked teeth and/or bad oral hygiene is a total turn-off. I have enough options that I don't have to settle for someone I'm not attracted to.

• Not that important as long as you have teeth and they're not rotten or yellow like buttered popcorn or excessively crooked or crowded. I'm also not a fan of large gaps in the two front teeth for some reason.

But no you don't have to look like you just stepped out of a Colgate commercial, and I say that as a person who gets lots of compliments on my teeth.

• Straight teeth are one of my biggest turn ons... unfortunately mine are not entirely straight (i was lazy with my retainer). Wish I could have them straightened agai.

What Guys Said 2

• I'd say hygienics are more important than the "straightness" of your teeth. I myself have two gaps (we had a hard landing with a helo back in Gaza...) which don't really bother my wife at all (well, I didn't tell her all the bloody background stories that lead to it, but yeah).
    But of course, keeping them clean is very important (also enhances the quality of your breath smell...). I clean them three to four times a day, normally always after eating (except for fruits, then you shouldn't...).
    Keep them clean and nice, that's the most important.

• I have a tiny gap in my front teeth because I was lazy as a teenager and didn't wear my invisalign. Oh well and my teeth aren't the whitest even after using Crest 3d white strips and girls don't seem to mind. I'd say only shallow girls will care. If a girl likes you it won't matter.

• i have this tooth on my bottom layer. that is out of place a little bit and is more in the front than the other teeth. its in the center bottom and im getting so paranoid and im considering getting invsalign again. i used to have straight teeth but just like you, i didn't wear them as much and they got out of place. my top layer is almost perfect but not 100% complete, more like 90%. It still gets me very paranoid. I know I'm an attractive, athletic person. but when it comes to my smile, sometimes I get embarrassed because I feel that my bottom-layered tooth is noticeable. Although when i look in the mirror, it looks like no one can see it. When I'm talking it looks really noticeable. and it makes me afraid as if "Does this ruin my chances of flirting with girls?, is she not going to like me as much because of my teeth?"