Why do girls ignore you?

This girl and I have been talking for a couple days now but now she is ignoring me. Why do girls do that and what can you do to get them to talk to... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• The only way to really know is if you confront her on it. You could have done something that made her uncomfortable, and now she doesn't want to think about it. For example, the one time this guy and I shared this really awkward kiss. I couldn't help avoiding him because every time I saw him I thought back to that uncomfortable moment, and I felt sick. Finally he hunted me down, and I was cornered. I confessed the awkwardness, but it should have played out better than that. So really as you can see, a lot of it is up to her- whether she's willing to openly communicate and confront the situation. If you just approach her with the question, "Hey what's up? Maybe you're not doing it on purpose, but I get the feeling you don't want me around. I'd like to fix things if I did something wrong." If that doesn't work, you've been as honest as you can, and she just doesn't want to open up. Move on from there.

Her ignoring you could also be a way of playing hard-to-get, but from my experience, that's not usually the case. Usually if they're playing hard-to-get, they won't entirely ignore you. That's because they want you to pay more attention to them without coming off as needy themselves. They'll respond a little bit after you've paid a lot of attention, but they won't just not respond at all.

It could also be that she has a boyfriend. Maybe you two hit it off really well, and she realized she had feelings for you. That scared her. To avoid being a bad person and letting things turn into an affair with you because she liked you too much, she just shut you down. Maybe she doesn't have a boyfriend but is insecure about getting intimate with people. Once again, she realized she liked you, and it freaked her out. She could be someone who's been in a bad relationship or just has trouble getting close to people. She doesn't want to get hurt, and she has a harder time resisting you when you hit it off so well. She's trying to "nip it in the bud" by ignoring you completely.

Also, what were the circumstances when she was paying attention to you versus ignoring you? Who was around in both situations? Could she have been trying to "put on a good face" for others by being nice to you, and then when you were alone decided to show her true colors/feelings for you by not giving you the time of day? Maybe she doesn't really care for you and was being courteous to you because you'd just started talking, and then when she realized that you wanted to continue talking to her (that it wasn't going to be just an occasional encounter), and then got annoyed and decided to make it clearer that she really wants nothing to do with you.

There are multiple possibilities, but you won't know for sure until you ask.