I am a hopeless romantic.

My question is... I am a hopeless romantic. Ladies, is that bad in a guy? I am not like all soft and feminine about things, I just love to be in love and show it as well in relationships. I love making my partner happy by doing sweet and thoughtful things and I don't believe chivalry is dead.

Ladies, I am single.. LOL

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I would love to meet a guy like you one day, for me its not bad at all in a guy. I find it very adorable that someone like you is a hopeless romantic, I wish there were more guys like you than the bad ass ones. Chivalry is not dead, but some guys choose to act like jerks around girls and they fall for them I don't know why. Don't give up on relationships just yet, your time will come and that right girl is out there for you. Just not your time yet; But yeah I would want my guy to open doors for me without me telling him or hold my heavy bags when I grocery shop for my mother instead of me hinting I need help. Some guys are clueless.

What Girls Said 12

• Thank you for renewing my faith in the male race LOL

• No problem, just being honest. You're absolutely gorgeous and I hope you find one of your own to be good to you =)

• Awww thank you =)

• Anytime!

• I think it is a good thing to be affectionate towards the one you love and show them how you feel. There's nothing wrong with that.

• no! not bad at all! I would kill for a hopeless romantic.

• no that is definitely a bad thing. Its a nice thing. Just don't come across as too co-dependent or needy. But if your romantic..thats def a plus :)

• Ya again as I said, I am not a pussy.

• You See! Everyone loves you. Why are you even posting such a silly question? When you meet the right person for you, then everything will be perfect. I am also the "typical hopeless romantic female". So keep searching my friend and don't change a thing.

• honestly I am not sure. at my age (20) I m attracted to guys that are more sweet but somehow they are only putting on an act. so make sure that when you meet a girl, you keep it real. I know I do, I m a very respectful and committed girl. I am a hopeless romantic too. but I tend to meet ass holes.

• aww you reminded me of my boyfriend ^_^thats not bad that's a great thing there should be more guys like you in the worldits one of the things that drawed me to my bfi've never been with some one like himand my love for him grows and grows each day.whichever girl goes out with you is gonna be a lucky one :)

• No that's not bad! Showing that you love a girl is one way to get her to love you!

• No, No, and No! That is not a bad thing in a guy. There should be more guys out there like you. It's a relief to know the heart of a true romantic is not completely extinct after all. You give us ladies hope - thank you!

• you sound perfect to me!

• no. I don't think being a romantic is bad. My guy does romantic stuff for me. like when I was mad once, he went out and got me a dozen of red roses. oh and one time when I was mad he went out and bought my fav chocolates for me. haha. And for valentines he ordered me a huge fluffy white robe with my name engraved on it, that's romantic! plus a disney romantic songs album. Oh and he writes me lots of long love letters every day =) (we've been together a year so far) so romantic... and we have dinner and wine all the time. I like being romantic. Lovely piano music, roses, nice meal and some sweet red wine. I think that being romantic with your love one is suppose to be special times... so I want to make lots of special times with him. He loves wine, he loves writing to me, he loves to tell me he loves me, and he loves buying stuff for me. And I LOVE all of it... I mean... why should I say no?

• I don't think your a hopeless romantic sometimes I wish the guy I was seeing would show how he feels. Its great that you like your partner to be happy. Not allot of guys nowadays are thoughtful enough .

• I am very thoughtful

• But showing your emotions would remove the mystery and the tension and the guy would just come off as boring.

• Ya I've just given up on relationships. There is no winning with women. If you're a jerk, you're mean. If you're too nice, they hate it. If you don't chase them, you're not worth it. Guys aren't hard to keep happy, why can't women be the same? Everyone also wonders why there are so many single guys in their early 30's? No wonder to me.

What Guys Said 7

• I think I'm the same way, and it scares me to think I might be turning off girls with this.

• I'm like this dude! I swear if girls actually gave us a chance, they'd see that edgy side in us that they claim to want... It's like we treat them how we feel they deserve to be treated and they just immediately bored and turned-off by it.I don't get it man. lol

• it seems to turn girls off at the beginning when you're first dating, but once in a relationship they seem to appreciate the romance much more, as long as the guy maintains a fun, confident and independent disposition.

• I can't believe the answers lolI guess there are still humans on this earth, not animals guided by instincts if you know what I mean...

• Im like you man. I've partially just given up, it seems like people just aren't capable of loving til the end anymore. You do one thing wrong and the girl just sits on it and thinks about it til it eats her up and breaks up with you. Or you're too nice and like me too much so you seem boring and predictable. Or you don't care about them enough when you try to back off a little. All while its expected to do the courting, paying for dates, and take the action on everything. Even when sometimes the action you take is "too much" for them and you need to slow down. It gets extremely bothersome. its not that I'm not confident or attractive, its just that this sh*t makes me want to join most of the people my age and just try to hookup.

• Man me and you have one big thing in common... Just don't give up man! I haven't still waiting on Ms Right! Its funny because yesterday I joined this site and wrote a question kinda like that!

• In some senses, it's good. In some senses, it's bad.You are a great guy- I'm largely the same way. I would do all I can to please my girl, so long as she loves me back. A lot of girls do appreciate that stuff, and they'll want to come home at the end of the day to snuggle and cuddle with you. You're probably the kind of guy she'd want to marry and come home to every night.However, for the majority of girls, you're not the one that really gets them riled up. The edgier, badder boys are the ones that really get them excited. They may enjoy slow, passionate sex with you, but if they're looking to get roughed up a little, dominated, and would rather have a rough f*** than make love, you will be the last thing they look for. Even if you ARE able to give it to her rough, it's just not the same feeling for them. The jerks who do as they please are the ones women look to when they really want to be dominated. For some women, they'll choose to marry the bad boy for the sex. Some women will marry the romantic guy and cheat on him with the bad boys. And some women will be content with the romantic guy.It all depends on the individual.

• Well that sucks for me then, huh? Honestly, I just give up even trying. It's depressing. I just don't have it in me to be a jerk. Oh well.

• Show Older
    • I had the girl I wanted for 2 1/2 years and she just walked out on me. Glad to hear you're a good dude too, I hope everything works out for you as well. I just wonder if these women will ever get sick of being used and treated like crap and want to end up with the good guy.

• Some will, and some won't. My girl of 2 years left because she found another guy she liked at college orientation, just like that. It sucks, but it's probably for the best. That's life.