10 Diet Fads You Should Avoid This Summer

10 Diet Fads To Avoid This Summer

It's summer time! That means sun, beaches and bikinis...but it also means getting that bikini body ready. And whether you're eating tuna on toast every morning or drinking a kale/apple/wheatgrass/kelp/gross smoothie, we all have our go to when we want to drop the pounds. Skinny has always been in and we're always looking for the next miracle in weight loss to come knocking at our door.

There are really only 2 ways to lose weight when it comes to your diet. The first one is the sustainable eating route. That means you're generally eating a healthier diet full of nutrient rich foods and keeping your calories at a reasonable level. Nothing crazy on this one. Just being a good, old fashioned responsible adult. Relatively easy to remember that Taco Bell is bad and grilled chicken salad good.

The second way to lose weight with food is usually quicker and unsustainable. That is called the "fad diet". It's quick and (usually) effective but usually has something ridiculous attached to it that can't be done for long at all. Good for quick bikini body, bad for overall health. Got it? Good. And with that, here are:

10 Diet Fad Diets To Avoid This Summer: Tap to Reveal the Hint

1: This Diet's Legitimacy Is Soupy At Best 2: Ass Injections Are Never A Good Idea 3: Giving Your Fat Hypothermia Doesn't Help 4: This Is A Waste Of Nutrients 5: Thicker, Frothier Waste Of Nutrients 6: Chunkier Soup is Still Soup 7: Too Little Can Be as Bad as Too Much 8: You Should Be Intolerant of This Diet 9: This Is Lemonade. That's All. Really?? 10: Umm...I Don't Want To Drink That

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 5

• Who even uses these diet fads? Just exercise regularly. Simple.

• That's not a diet...

• @bbch25 you were bullied out of a gym? Wow.

• Many for that matter. So yeah, I know at the age of 22 exercise is really important and just eating healthier is key. But, I don't know what's "healthier" per say, or what amounts. So I go online because I'm not trying to maintain a weight I'm trying to LOSE it, and online says "eat this or do that". And I'm injured so i can only exercise with equipment at gyms, from which I get bullied out of. So I go back to the fads hoping they'll work.

I am not like that anymore, but there are many people like that out there who still believe it and try! lol. And telling us "you're fat do this", surprisingly doesn't help (not saying you said that, just what the general populace says lol)

• Why would anyone want to inject their ass that often it hurts like he'll. Great take by the way.

• Never diet. Diet implies a temporary change, either moderate or massive change in scope. That indicates you will return to standard form when you reach your goal. If that old way of eating got you fat in the fast, it will do it again. So stop dieting. Never ever diet.

It's math. Count your calories (just round off, you have an idea, you can get the info and add the figures in your head) and make sure you eat less than you burn. Also, there are guidelines about how many calories the average man age 18-35 burns, the average pregnant woman burns, etc. Start with that knowledge and then see how your metabolism is responding and adjust up or down accordingly. We all have different metabolisms and rates of activity. You might find that you can eat the same as your friend, and you both have the same job, but they are thin and you're fat. So be it. You need to eat less. It isn't fair you eat the same and work the same, but the reality is they burn more so they get to eat more. Figure out if you need 800 calories a day or 3000 calories a day to break even and be nutritious. Also, don't exclude ANYTHING from your diet. Want to binge eat? Skip meals or skip certain foods, deny yourself something. Always allow yourself your treats. Those days you might eat less overall or have far fewer calories in your other meals, but don't cut out chocolate or pastries or dairy or whatever your favorite thing is and then you won't have to worry about *cheating* because there is no such thing as cheating. Do this for a while until you figure out meals that are filling (eat slow, listen to your tummy), nutritious, that taste good and get used to them til they are things you look forward to as a matter of your typical meals. Once you've learned those better habits, you're set. Enjoy your new, healthier weight, life and habits.

• Diets aren't non permanent, that's the mistake people make. The literal meaning of the word diet is the food you're eating. I'm on a diet. So are you. So is my dog etc.

• Agreed. Yet I believe the cambridge diet (if you stick tonit) works extremely well. The mistake people make is not following a normal diet afterwards. (I. E. Not eating healthy and exercising.)

• @bente2 Which brings me back to my original point :) Don't diet, it's a temporary condition. The Cambridge Diet was something my mom did when I was about 5 years old. I remember her making her first shake and having me be a guinea pig. She didn't tell me it was a diet shake, just said it was choc and did I want a sip? I tried it and it is not hyperbole to say it tasted like pureed cardboard. It had no flavor at all. It was amazing in that respect.

If someone could eat sensibly and healthfully, they wouldn't need Cambridge (or Slimfast or Whole foods or whatever). If you can do that, do it and the weight WILL come off naturally. If you do one of those diets and then return to old habits, you're doomed. Ergo, don't go on a diet. You aren't training yourself in long term healthy habits. Do those, get used to 'em and the healthy body will follow. Every person that ever kept weight off says the same thing. Eat less, exercise more. That simple. It's just basic math.

• The type of diets people get up makes me laugh. 😂👌🏽

• Fresh urine samples from healthy individuals should be clean. If you see bacteria, then that may indicate the sample has been contaminated by skin flora, along with squamous epithelial cells from the urethra.

• I agree with the gist of this Take. The main point is that you should eat a balanced diet. That is the only diet you should consider taking. :P

The well-balanced diet should be predominantly plant-based. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, and prepare them in a way that preserves their nutrients. They contain a lot of complex sugars and fibers and proteins and lipids. Also, drink a lot of water and stay hydrated. Drink even when you are not thirsty. Limit alcohol consumption. Alcohol brings about 7 calories per gram. Fat brings about 9 calories per gram. Proteins and Sugars bring about 4 calories per gram. If you drink a lot of alcohol and eat very fatty meals, then you may wind up with cirrhosis of the liver.

What Guys Said 3

• Also to add, starving actually makes you gain weight at first, because your brain atarts sending signals to preserve the fat cells to stay alive to help heat the heart and blood and burn the muscles or food and energy creating a massive loss in muscle if starved too long, also causes bloating and finger nail rot and hair to fall out and tons other health and skin problems from the lack of nutrients and vitamins you can get in pill form or over take in pill form

• How about you just eat a shit load of food and train like a beast in the gym? BRB looking jacked AF year round.

• Ok, but why this summer? Is this not true in general?