4 Foods I'm Looking Forward to Making This Winter

Trying to take my mind off this shitty election result so here are some things I'm looking forward to cooking this winter

Green Chile Stew

I'm digging this out of my mom's old cookbook from when she lived in New Mexico, it's a traditional New Mexico Holiday Dish.

Chili Verde

Another New Mexico classic.

Gumbo

At this point you probably think that I really like spicy and flavorful stews and you'd be right. As with the past three of these recipes, the hardest thing to learn when it comes to spicy food is that spiciness is not flavor itself, and it takes time to learn how to get the right mix of heat and flavor. But when you do, dear God it's amazing.

Oatmeal Scotchies

Anyone who says that oatmeal does not belong in cookies has never had one of these babies.

Waffles731 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Girls Said 8

All your things are things I'm allergic to! T-T

Mmm, chili soup is the bomb. com on a cold day <3

OMG Chile Verde!!! My mom makes the best Chile Verde with fresh tortillas. 😭😭😭😭😭 will have to substitute the meat if I ever eat it again.

delicious

I must try those oatmeal thingies!

This makes me miss my mom's cooking. THANKS.

Not a fan of spicy, but those cookies sound amazingly tasty!

looks delicious

What Guys Said 5

They all look amazing - Where to start?

I love making chili, or getting stoned and throwing random shit together that turns out bomb but you forget what you put in it or how much.

Well... Okay.

Share?

The recipe to those oatmeal biscuits would be appreciated, are those peanuts in them?