4 Foods I'm Looking Forward to Making This Winter

Trying to take my mind off this shitty election result so here are some things I'm looking forward to cooking this winter

Green Chile Stew

I'm digging this out of my mom's old cookbook from when she lived in New Mexico, it's a traditional New Mexico Holiday Dish.

Chili Verde

Another New Mexico classic.

Gumbo

At this point you probably think that I really like spicy and flavorful stews and you'd be right. As with the past three of these recipes, the hardest thing to learn when it comes to spicy food is that spiciness is not flavor itself, and it takes time to learn how to get the right mix of heat and flavor. But when you do, dear God it's amazing.

Oatmeal Scotchies

Anyone who says that oatmeal does not belong in cookies has never had one of these babies.

Waffles731 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 7

• 21d

I must try those oatmeal thingies!

• 17h

delicious

• 19d

All your things are things I'm allergic to! T-T

• 20d

Mmm, chili soup is the bomb. com on a cold day <3

• 20d

Not a fan of spicy, but those cookies sound amazingly tasty!

• 21d

This makes me miss my mom's cooking. THANKS.

• 21d

OMG Chile Verde!!! My mom makes the best Chile Verde with fresh tortillas. 😭😭😭😭😭 will have to substitute the meat if I ever eat it again.

What Guys Said 5

• 21d

I love making chili, or getting stoned and throwing random shit together that turns out bomb but you forget what you put in it or how much.

• 21d

The recipe to those oatmeal biscuits would be appreciated, are those peanuts in them?

• 21d

Well... Okay.

• 21d

Share?

• 21d

They all look amazing - Where to start?