Why is my boyfriend so cheap with me?

I am not going to lie. I love buying myself things, as a girl ofcourse, I love cosmetics, clothes, shoes, purses and so on. But just to clarify I don't expect my boyfriend to buy me this because I buy it for myself.

The real problems is... When it comes to giving.. I never count the pennies for him.

Examples:

One Christmas I didn't have money because I lost my Job... my family gifted me some money and I spent it all on buying gifts for all of them MY boyfriend included...

* When he needs money I lend it, when we are at his house I take some take out so we can eat ect...you know...normal things... however he would rather watch a movie from cable because PPV is too expensive...he would eat the cold pizzza that was left from like 3 days ago... and he would rather buy powder juice than buy a coke for dinner...he makes more money than I do monthly... he never buys Xmas gifts or birthday gifts...never given me an anniversary gift...if we go out he asks me to put half the money for the gas

last week he taold me I shouldn't complain because I watch TV at his house and I don't even help him pay cable...(ridiculous if you ask me)...So I told him how I feel after the cable incident and he was going to make up for it by buying me some concert tickets to my fav artist ( as a birthday GIFT)...and I just checked and I bought the farthest Seats, and he only spent 10 dollars on each...I mean... I'm pissed off now because If I knew , I would have bought ME better tickets... Should I BE MAD or does it seem ungratefull if I tell him something.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 1

• Selected as most helpful

I really do think the whole cable thing is really odd. I mean yea, you aren't paying for it, but if you aren't doing PPV, then what is the issue? It doesn't cost a whole lot to watch cable and you have to pay for it regardless if you watch it or not.

My boyfriend is kind of the same way. He is what most would call cheap, but I realize why. He comes from a big family and doesn't like to waste money. When we go out, we go to either free events or stuff that doesn't cost a whole lot. But we still go out. He doesn't ask for gas money, but I can kind of understand the whole gas money thing. It is expensive, and if he is the one always driving, I can understand that.

I would talk to him though, especially about the cable thing. I think he took that too far. I can understand wanting to pay less for the concert tickets, because being up close isn't always better. But if you are really concerned, talk to him about it. Tell him that you love him but are hurt by his ideas about money. Ask him if you guys could work some things out. But at least he got you some tickets though :P

I don't think that for an anniversary you have to have a gift, but even if he cooked you a nice dinner and was romantic, I think that would be enough. Perhaps tell him that. He should do something special for you. It becomes a concern for me when a guy refuses to do anything special for the girl he loves because he feels like counting pennies is more important. If that is what is happening, then let him know and tell him how it makes you feel.

• You definitely haven't a right to be mad. But also you need to remember that some people are just cheap like that. Its not something they do intentionally, its something that their personality and mind force them to do. I think you should sit down and talk to him about it. Tell him how you feel and bring up certain incidents. Every girl deserves to be pampered but also remember its about give and take. Its perfectly fine for you to buy dinner every once in awhile, but all the time or putting half down on things like gas is ridiculous. Also not giving you gifts is not right, I'm sure he expects something on those days.

• Sometimes, guys like things simple. I'd rather watch regular movies than, ppv. Cold pizza is the bomb, and anything refrigerated is still good to us. Cheap seats don't exactly matter, being next to the speakers doesn't sound so good. I sit on the sides of stages and it sounds amazing. Just ask him for something simple, shouldn't be a problem for him.

• Well, whomever invited, pays, that's it. You shouldn't have to pay half, unless you offer.

• It just seems like he's always counting the pennies ...why would he ask me for half the money on a 10 dolar meal that we share if being simple is the answer