I like my co-worker, but does he like me too?

There is a guy that works with me at my job, and I had no interest in him at all before. But since I began working with him more often, I started to see what a cool guy he is. I especially started liking him when I found out how much we had in common.

So, the first time I realized he might be interested with me was when we were at work and he came up to me and gave me the warmest most sincere hug, both of his arms were wrapped around me, and it wasn't just a quick hug, it was more than a few seconds long (my other coworker looked at me after he walked away and she looked at me like, "I think he likes you" kind of look. He's done this more than once. When I greet my other male coworkers it'll be a quick hug, nothing like the ones I get from my crush.

But then I sometimes see him hugging other girls, but I'm not sure if its the same way. Then sometimes I can see him looking at me from the corner of my eye or sometimes he'll walk up to me and play fight with me. And sometimes he just smiles at me. He always asks me how I'm doing, or he checks up on me for no reason. And then there was this one time when I was off and was about to leave, I quickly said bye and he called me back so I could give him a hug.

OR sometimes he'll poke me or kinda massage my shoulders.

Its starting to get confusing because there are somedays where he doesn't do the same things.

I feel like he is waiting for me to be more flirtatious with him, because I kinda try to hide the way I feel because I don't want to look like an idiot if he doesn't like me too. I don't want my other coworkers noticing that I like him and then it becomes a huge thing.

I am the worst at flirting, I'm too scared to do it! But I really want to get to know this guy, he seems really cool. But I feel like if likes me wouldn't he have done something about it already?

Also forgot to mention that now we don't work with each other as often...i see him maybe like once a week or every other week...i kind of like it that way because it keeps everything kind of fresh...

So my question now is, should I do anything different I'm my approach, should I act more flirtatious or keep cool and drop hints here and there?

thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Bottom line, he likes you.

Now, here's the problem. He may like you but not do anything about it, because you two work together. That may be why he seems kinda off some days.

OR

He likes, you, he doesn't care that you two work together, but you aren't really letting him know how you feel.

So, you need to let him know you kinda like him too. I don't really know how close you guys are but maybe mention something to him about hanging out outside of work. Give him your number or ask for his.

What Guys Said 20

• I think you should keep things cool and dro phints here and there. I think eventually he should make a move on you. But he might be scared to take a risk. But the chemistry is there.

• Maybe he might be scared to make a move on you, He could also be sending you mixed sigals. That is true if he is not feeling you then then you get played. He might also be afraid to to take his flirting to a whole new level. He could also be just friendly but I feel if he likes you then he should have dones something abiout it already.

• " But I really want to get to know this guy, he seems really cool."

Tell him that. Say: "You seem really cool. I really want to get to you. Wanna hang out this week?"

• Be brave and mighty forces will come to your aid. OK, forget the mighty forces thing. Just be brave and be flirtatious with him.

• He obviously gvs a sign he s some kinda interested in u,letting him also knw about your crush on him z nt a bad idea at all..

More from Guys
15

What Girls Said 4

• He really likes you, but maybe not for something serious. It could be weird because you guys work together, but you should try to get to know him better.

Flirting isn't that big of a deal - if you like him, then just be nice to him, which I'm sure you are. Saying something cute every once in a while or giving him quick compliments will show him you like him and notice him, but without being so obvious that you have a crush on him.

If he knows you like him and he really likes you too, then maybe he will pursue it more.

Maybe you could arrange a hangout session with a bunch of friends from work? If a group of you went out and he was there, you would get a real chance to get to know him and hang out with him, but it wouldn't be weird because it's not a 'date'.

• I would suggest hanging out outside of work, say there's a movie you're both interested in, you can be like, "We should go see that! You have my number, right?" Then let him take the initiative to make it happen. If you try this a couple times and he doesn't take the bait, forget about it, but it's not awkward because it's not like you asked him out or anything, you just wanted someone to hang out with, no big deal, right?

• why don't you causally ask him out to lunch?

• Well he may like you but since you two work together it may just be too awkward for anything further to come of it. I am not a big fan of flirting at work myself and I don't want to get into a situation with a guy that later bombs and then I am stuck at work with him. So, for me, when I was younger and would even consider dating a co-worker, if he wasn't making it real clear he liked me and asked me for a date, nothing would come of it. Like I said, I don't want to deal with some guy who kind of likes me, it doesn't work out and then I am stuck seeing him everyday. Too awkward.