Why do men stare at women?

This goes to men who know the women such as being in the same class/workplace or men who just randomly stare even if they don` t know you

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Well you don't go to an art museum and just glance at the exhibits, you like to take in all of it's beauty and well the earth is one giant art museum and women are God's most beautiful creation and we (men) are programmed to admire his work

• Oh rigth I see, aren` t there any other reasons why a guy would stare at a girl other than beauty?

• Show Older
    • best answer for a non user? tsk-tsk

• he was a user when I gave him BA. Too bad he left :(

What Guys Said 42

• For the same reason they stare at muscle cars and motorcycles; because they want one but can't settle on WHICH one.

• Better than staring at nothing.

• You got the whole thing wrong.Guys don't stare at women. They stare at their boobs. Most men have just mastered an artificial squint so it doesn't look like it.

• because guys are ugly.

• Nah, not all. I saw a gorgeous guy today and I couldn`t stop staring at him.

• Show Older
    • I never said you wasn`t, hun.

• :)

• Because they're beautiful and we desire them. Seeing a beautiful just makes you feel better. I can't back it up but I'd speculate that it probably triggers a release of endorphins (maybe dopamine, oxytocin?) in the brain. If we don't look we don't get the feeling so we stare. Just being around a girl you fancy can really brighten up your day.And before you get the wrong idea, this isn't the same thing as sexual objectification. It feels more "wholesome" than that. In my experience it was that "warm, fuzzy feeling". It's more of a general sense of longing for that person. When I look at a girl I'm always completely aware that she's a living, breathing human being.Just because it's a physical attraction (or even a sexual attraction) doesn't mean it's demeaning or predatory. It's an abstract feeling and I don't know quite how to describe it. I can understand if it makes you uncomfortable but I'd wager that most guys that stare probably aren't pigs.

• Lol is there a possibility that guys stare at a woman because they think she` s weird? and if so what would you define a girl being weird as?

• I tend to do that, and it's because the girl is pretty in some aspect. Her eyes, her face, her hair, who knows? But it's always better to stare at something pretty than something bland, right?

• Of course, eye candy, its good for the eye!

• eye candy.. haha

• Because they're purple and have 3 pairs of legs... obviousley

• because its good for their health.

• LOL @ this.

• i know it is LOL but its really true no joke! good for heart health there was a big thing about it not long ago.

• seeing if you will give us healthy babies.

• Lol

• Because we think you're pretty. Why? Does this bother you? "OMG my life sucks because guys are always staring at me because of how good-looking I am, and instead of being happy about it and not caring much, I think I'll just complain and wish I didn't look so damn good."?

• Haha good point but I don` t find myself good looking so I tend to thing guys stare at me because I` m weird in some way or another, I don't know but I def think its cos m weird not good looking

• Show Older
    • We` ll have to agree to disagree cos m just a weirdo xD but thnx anyway

• Just because you're a weirdo doesn't mean you don't look nice. =)BTW, I'm a weirdo too. =p And a strong disbeliever of the "opposites attract" rule.

• They are checking you out because they think your attractive.They are secretly hoping they'll be able to open conversation with you through initial eyecontact.(Think of it this way, if a guy is looking at you, you'll feel drawn to look back thus its the best way to get eyecontact going with someone)

• Ok dreamtime you can stop staring at me lawl i` m jk (:

• Aww.. rejected again :(

• No, I wouldn` t dream of it :P

• Have you LOOKED at your profile pic? -.-'

• LOL! YEah.

• That's why we're supposed to wear sunglasses so you girls won't know what we're doing. Guys, stop creepin the girls out and go getcha some shades. And I don't know about the whole staring thing...I call it checking her out.

• I try to only stare when they don't notice. I do this because I like what I'm seeing. If women don't like guys doing this, don't shower, don't dress up, no makeup - just look like crap and then you don't have to worry about it

• I don`t wear makeup...

• ...umm ok? then don't dress up and just look like crap in general. You won't have to worry about it

• IMO I do look like crap, I hardly make an effort 1/2 the time when it comes to dressing up

• i wanna chat wid you ?

• Yeah they should just chat then not stare like the perosns from outta space

• Do you chat with everyone you feel "special" on a train or a tram? I doubt it.

• Who said anything about being special?

• Because they look attractive.

• Define attractive

• The girl being stared at most likely has an appealing body. The person doing the staring is most likely trying to fully take in the woman's features and appreciate her beauty. Occasionally, apodyopsis may occur. While I can't find any sources to prove that's a real word, this handy picture might help, http://i52.tinypic.com/2iw7fqa.jpg

• Haha thnx 4 the answer

• Is it hard to figure out? Men tend stare at girls that they think are attractive.

• Because they like what they are looking at! You don't have to know the person to like them, especially in a physical or lustful way.

• well maybe if god didn't make women so damn noticeable and freaking hot. men wouldn't look at them to much. its a good thing if guys check you out it means your hot

• excuse me .. !? women stare at me !

• LMFAO!

• Lol, wtf is with the negative votes? Must be sad for them not having a sense of humour.

• im dead serious

• well it means we like you or even love you cause something inside calls us to you

• because we like the way you look, want to fight about it? (lol family guy)but yeah it's because we think you're attractive and beautiful, you're like a painting just something nice to look at, you know what I mean?Word is Bond.

• Fight?Paintings are inanimate objects whereas women are living, breathing humans.

• Because they find women attractive. Same reason a woman might stare at man.

• We do it because we're subconsciously sizing you up to see whether you'll bear us healthy, and reproductively successful children.Crass, but true. Hence we're feel self-conscious when you catch us looking at you.On the other hand, girls who stare at guys will instantly avert their gaze when we catch you looking at us too.

• Are you being sarcastic in your first point or are you being serious?

• Crass is actually my word of the week. That's crazy I void to use it everyday. I hardly hear it used. Sorry to be off topic.

• Lol

• All men love beauty.

• You're either cute/pretty or you have an ugly mole on your face.

• Why? because you're cute ;)

• they stare because they want that hollywood thing that happens sometimes where the guy looks, the girl smiles and they fall in love. and theyre too afraid to go up to her and chat.

• IMO that does not happen often

• LOL

• because there is a stuff turn guys on but not an average girljust hot girl because their bodies is full of feminine thats about most guys but there is a guys stare to every women pass by him

• Well I` m average but still get stared at, there` s nothing special about me so idk, I just wanted to ask.

• They're most likely interested in the person they're staring at.

• Show More

What Girls Said 14

• haha yeah I have that problem. good question. I always wonder why the STARE. then I stare back and I don't know what's going on! lol

• The reason that I feel a guy would stare, is because he can't have you.If you see the person regularly, work,school,cafe. And the same guy stares at you It would probably be for the following reasons.1) They like you but probably has a wife/girl, so they can only look. It makes them feel good, which in term helps there sex life with there partner. (messed up but true)2) They like you and may possibly, make a move. But if it doesn't happen within a month or two tops. Refer back to # 1.3) There perverts. 4) If its not someone you see, all the time as in a stranger. Then its like what most guys on here stated.They like what they see, and are admiring. :-)

• I LOVE making eye contact with a guy I find attractive when he's staring at me. It's an indescribable joy... like an adrenaline rush. If I'm not into him, I don't complain he's staring, but I don't reciprocate so he gets the message.

• Because men are visual by nature and they stare at things that mesmerize them, i.e. a beautiful woman, sports, fancy cars, electronics, food...lol.

• Lawl that is true

• came as a shock to me...wow didn't knoe that :D

• they want sex

• well ,maybe they are just look at you ,as we always stare at men in the road,nothing wrong

• I STARE. STARING IS GOOD. STARING SHOULD BE ENCOURAGED. You LEARN ABOUT PEOPLE. YOUR ABILITY TO EMPATHIZE INCREASES. YOU BECOME MORE AWARE. YOU BECOME MORE CONSCIOUS OF OTHERS. YOU BECOME MORE UNDERSTANDING BETTER AT COMMUNICATING. PEOPLE TALK TOO MUCH.some people state to make you feel weird. some do it because they like to look. some because they have astigmatism and are trying to look at something else entirely. u gotta figure the word exists in the english language for a reason- because people do it.

• I have always wonder this, since finding myself to be the target of consent staring for a particular person, who shall not be named. Its all the time...the unfortunate thing with this issue I have, is the stares have no emotion. Its like a dog, just fixed, no blinking, no smile...sometimes it can feel quite threatening, and creepy...I will though always stare back, just so they know I've seen them.But I don't know why...confuses the sh*t out of me.

• why the hell do you think?

• Why the hell don`t you give a straight answer instead of acting like a smart ass?

• Because we're easy on the eyes.

• omg what a question. why do women stare at men?

• U tell me, cos I dnt stare at men 2 often, I merely look a little and then look away

• Because men are visual creatures? :P

• Because women are so beautiful! We should all be flattered :)

• theyre nice to look at

• * we are

• lol yeah we are