Why do men stare at women?

This goes to men who know the women such as being in the same class/workplace or men who just randomly stare even if they don` t know you

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you don't go to an art museum and just glance at the exhibits, you like to take in all of it's beauty and well the earth is one giant art museum and women are God's most beautiful creation and we (men) are programmed to admire his work

• Oh rigth I see, aren` t there any other reasons why a guy would stare at a girl other than beauty?

• best answer for a non user? tsk-tsk

• he was a user when I gave him BA. Too bad he left :(

What Guys Said 43

• For the same reason they stare at muscle cars and motorcycles; because they want one but can't settle on WHICH one.

• I tend to do that, and it's because the girl is pretty in some aspect. Her eyes, her face, her hair, who knows? But it's always better to stare at something pretty than something bland, right?

• Because we think you're pretty. Why? Does this bother you? "OMG my life sucks because guys are always staring at me because of how good-looking I am, and instead of being happy about it and not caring much, I think I'll just complain and wish I didn't look so damn good."?

• Haha good point but I don` t find myself good looking so I tend to thing guys stare at me because I` m weird in some way or another, I don't know but I def think its cos m weird not good looking

• We` ll have to agree to disagree cos m just a weirdo xD

but thnx anyway

• Just because you're a weirdo doesn't mean you don't look nice. =)

BTW, I'm a weirdo too. =p And a strong disbeliever of the "opposites attract" rule.

• That's why we're supposed to wear sunglasses so you girls won't know what we're doing. Guys, stop creepin the girls out and go getcha some shades. And I don't know about the whole staring thing...I call it checking her out.

• Because they're beautiful and we desire them.

Seeing a beautiful just makes you feel better. I can't back it up but I'd speculate that it probably triggers a release of endorphins (maybe dopamine, oxytocin?) in the brain. If we don't look we don't get the feeling so we stare. Just being around a girl you fancy can really brighten up your day.

And before you get the wrong idea, this isn't the same thing as sexual objectification. It feels more "wholesome" than that. In my experience it was that "warm, fuzzy feeling". It's more of a general sense of longing for that person. When I look at a girl I'm always completely aware that she's a living, breathing human being.

Just because it's a physical attraction (or even a sexual attraction) doesn't mean it's demeaning or predatory. It's an abstract feeling and I don't know quite how to describe it. I can understand if it makes you uncomfortable but I'd wager that most guys that stare probably aren't pigs.

• Lol is there a possibility that guys stare at a woman because they think she` s weird? and if so what would you define a girl being weird as?

More from Guys
38

What Girls Said 14

• Because men are visual by nature and they stare at things that mesmerize them, i.e. a beautiful woman, sports, fancy cars, electronics, food...lol.

• I have always wonder this, since finding myself to be the target of consent staring for a particular person, who shall not be named. Its all the time...the unfortunate thing with this issue I have, is the stares have no emotion. Its like a dog, just fixed, no blinking, no smile...sometimes it can feel quite threatening, and creepy...I will though always stare back, just so they know I've seen them.

But I don't know why...confuses the sh*t out of me.

• The reason that I feel a guy would stare, is because he can't have you.

If you see the person regularly, work,school,cafe. And the same guy stares at you It would probably be for the following reasons.

1) They like you but probably has a wife/girl, so they can only look. It makes them feel good, which in term helps there sex life with there partner. (messed up but true)

2) They like you and may possibly, make a move. But if it doesn't happen within a month or two tops. Refer back to # 1.

3) There perverts.

4) If its not someone you see, all the time as in a stranger. Then its like what most guys on here stated.

They like what they see, and are admiring. :-)

• I LOVE making eye contact with a guy I find attractive when he's staring at me. It's an indescribable joy... like an adrenaline rush. If I'm not into him, I don't complain he's staring, but I don't reciprocate so he gets the message.

• they want sex

More from Girls
9