Why do men stare at women?

This goes to men who know the women such as being in the same class/workplace or men who just randomly stare even if they don` t know you

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Well you don't go to an art museum and just glance at the exhibits, you like to take in all of it's beauty and well the earth is one giant art museum and women are God's most beautiful creation and we (men) are programmed to admire his work

• he was a user when I gave him BA. Too bad he left :(

• best answer for a non user? tsk-tsk

• What a great answer!!

• Show Older

What Guys Said 42

• Because they are very nice and eye candy what wrong with that? lol

• Is it hard to figure out? Men tend stare at girls that they think are attractive.

• You women have such artistically hot bodies and you ask such a question? Ridiculous!

• Have you LOOKED at your profile pic? -.-'

• LOL! YEah.

• because we're naturally sexual creatures

• All men love beauty.

• For the same reason they stare at muscle cars and motorcycles; because they want one but can't settle on WHICH one.

• A lot of the time I'm day dreaming about something utterly stupid, like why aren't there loads of spiders webs hanging around NY by the 3rd spiderman film? the cleanup bill must be huge! Alternatively, it could be because you are absolutely stunning and I can't take my eyes off you.Another option is that you could be acting like a freak, and I'd be trying to work out why you're such a horrible person and what on earth could make someone so annoying. (usually staring without realising I'm doing it)

• You're either cute/pretty or you have an ugly mole on your face.

• Because they like what they are looking at! You don't have to know the person to like them, especially in a physical or lustful way.

• Why? because you're cute ;)

• They find them attractive.

• If they are hot, sometimes you stare without even realizing it

• we're visually molesting you

• Hahahahaa

• Better than staring at nothing.

• That's why we're supposed to wear sunglasses so you girls won't know what we're doing. Guys, stop creepin the girls out and go getcha some shades. And I don't know about the whole staring thing...I call it checking her out.

• because you touch yourself at night XD

• Because they're purple and have 3 pairs of legs... obviousley

• well maybe if god didn't make women so damn noticeable and freaking hot. men wouldn't look at them to much. its a good thing if guys check you out it means your hot

• excuse me .. !? women stare at me !

• im dead serious

• Lol, wtf is with the negative votes? Must be sad for them not having a sense of humour.

• LMFAO!

• You got the whole thing wrong.Guys don't stare at women. They stare at their boobs. Most men have just mastered an artificial squint so it doesn't look like it.

• Only Hot girls!Because their attractive, nice to look at.

• Cause it shows interest dood. Why look at something ya don't like or think is ugly?

• True, thanks.

• because its good for their health.

• i know it is LOL but its really true no joke! good for heart health there was a big thing about it not long ago.

• LOL @ this.

• because guys are ugly.

• :)

• I never said you wasn`t, hun.

• i'm gorgeous everywhere I go hun.

• Show Older
  • Sometimes staring is all you can have.

• Because they find women attractive. Same reason a woman might stare at man.

• well it means we like you or even love you cause something inside calls us to you

• girls are so beautiful its just what we guys do

• they stare because they want that hollywood thing that happens sometimes where the guy looks, the girl smiles and they fall in love. and theyre too afraid to go up to her and chat.

• LOL

• IMO that does not happen often

• I try to only stare when they don't notice. I do this because I like what I'm seeing. If women don't like guys doing this, don't shower, don't dress up, no makeup - just look like crap and then you don't have to worry about it

• IMO I do look like crap, I hardly make an effort 1/2 the time when it comes to dressing up

• ...umm ok? then don't dress up and just look like crap in general. You won't have to worry about it

• I don`t wear makeup...

• because there is a stuff turn guys on but not an average girljust hot girl because their bodies is full of feminine thats about most guys but there is a guys stare to every women pass by him

• Well I` m average but still get stared at, there` s nothing special about me so idk, I just wanted to ask.

• seeing if you will give us healthy babies.

• Lol

• We do it because we're subconsciously sizing you up to see whether you'll bear us healthy, and reproductively successful children.Crass, but true. Hence we're feel self-conscious when you catch us looking at you.On the other hand, girls who stare at guys will instantly avert their gaze when we catch you looking at us too.

• Lol

• Crass is actually my word of the week. That's crazy I void to use it everyday. I hardly hear it used. Sorry to be off topic.

• Are you being sarcastic in your first point or are you being serious?

• because we like the way you look, want to fight about it? (lol family guy)but yeah it's because we think you're attractive and beautiful, you're like a painting just something nice to look at, you know what I mean?Word is Bond.

• Fight?Paintings are inanimate objects whereas women are living, breathing humans.

• Because we think you're pretty. Why? Does this bother you? "OMG my life sucks because guys are always staring at me because of how good-looking I am, and instead of being happy about it and not caring much, I think I'll just complain and wish I didn't look so damn good."?

• Just because you're a weirdo doesn't mean you don't look nice. =)BTW, I'm a weirdo too. =p And a strong disbeliever of the "opposites attract" rule.

• We` ll have to agree to disagree cos m just a weirdo xD but thnx anyway

• Well yeah, few girls really acknowledge how pretty they really are. xD I have a friend who is gorgeous, yet always saying how she doesn't think no guy will ever be attracted to her. All the guys at her school are always trying to talk to her and get her attention, but she still doesn't get it. .__.Just put it inside your head - you're pretty, or at least hot, and guys like to stare at you because of that.

• Show Older
  • They are checking you out because they think your attractive.They are secretly hoping they'll be able to open conversation with you through initial eyecontact.(Think of it this way, if a guy is looking at you, you'll feel drawn to look back thus its the best way to get eyecontact going with someone)

• No, I wouldn` t dream of it :P

• Aww.. rejected again :(

• Ok dreamtime you can stop staring at me lawl i` m jk (:

• Because they're beautiful and we desire them. Seeing a beautiful just makes you feel better. I can't back it up but I'd speculate that it probably triggers a release of endorphins (maybe dopamine, oxytocin?) in the brain. If we don't look we don't get the feeling so we stare. Just being around a girl you fancy can really brighten up your day.And before you get the wrong idea, this isn't the same thing as sexual objectification. It feels more "wholesome" than that. In my experience it was that "warm, fuzzy feeling". It's more of a general sense of longing for that person. When I look at a girl I'm always completely aware that she's a living, breathing human being.Just because it's a physical attraction (or even a sexual attraction) doesn't mean it's demeaning or predatory. It's an abstract feeling and I don't know quite how to describe it. I can understand if it makes you uncomfortable but I'd wager that most guys that stare probably aren't pigs.

• Lol is there a possibility that guys stare at a woman because they think she` s weird? and if so what would you define a girl being weird as?

• I tend to do that, and it's because the girl is pretty in some aspect. Her eyes, her face, her hair, who knows? But it's always better to stare at something pretty than something bland, right?

• eye candy.. haha

• Of course, eye candy, its good for the eye!

• They're most likely interested in the person they're staring at.

• Show More

What Girls Said 14

• I STARE. STARING IS GOOD. STARING SHOULD BE ENCOURAGED. You LEARN ABOUT PEOPLE. YOUR ABILITY TO EMPATHIZE INCREASES. YOU BECOME MORE AWARE. YOU BECOME MORE CONSCIOUS OF OTHERS. YOU BECOME MORE UNDERSTANDING BETTER AT COMMUNICATING. PEOPLE TALK TOO MUCH.some people state to make you feel weird. some do it because they like to look. some because they have astigmatism and are trying to look at something else entirely. u gotta figure the word exists in the english language for a reason- because people do it.

• they want sex

• I have always wonder this, since finding myself to be the target of consent staring for a particular person, who shall not be named. Its all the time...the unfortunate thing with this issue I have, is the stares have no emotion. Its like a dog, just fixed, no blinking, no smile...sometimes it can feel quite threatening, and creepy...I will though always stare back, just so they know I've seen them.But I don't know why...confuses the sh*t out of me.

• well ,maybe they are just look at you ,as we always stare at men in the road,nothing wrong

• Because men are visual creatures? :P

• haha yeah I have that problem. good question. I always wonder why the STARE. then I stare back and I don't know what's going on! lol

• why the hell do you think?

• Why the hell don`t you give a straight answer instead of acting like a smart ass?

• Because women are so beautiful! We should all be flattered :)

• theyre nice to look at

• lol yeah we are

• * we are

• I LOVE making eye contact with a guy I find attractive when he's staring at me. It's an indescribable joy... like an adrenaline rush. If I'm not into him, I don't complain he's staring, but I don't reciprocate so he gets the message.

• Because we're easy on the eyes.

• The reason that I feel a guy would stare, is because he can't have you.If you see the person regularly, work,school,cafe. And the same guy stares at you It would probably be for the following reasons.1) They like you but probably has a wife/girl, so they can only look. It makes them feel good, which in term helps there sex life with there partner. (messed up but true)2) They like you and may possibly, make a move. But if it doesn't happen within a month or two tops. Refer back to # 1.3) There perverts. 4) If its not someone you see, all the time as in a stranger. Then its like what most guys on here stated.They like what they see, and are admiring. :-)

• omg what a question. why do women stare at men?

• U tell me, cos I dnt stare at men 2 often, I merely look a little and then look away

• Because men are visual by nature and they stare at things that mesmerize them, i.e. a beautiful woman, sports, fancy cars, electronics, food...lol.

• came as a shock to me...wow didn't knoe that :D

• Lawl that is true