Why can't I get a girlfriend? I feel like a complete loser.

Few things about me: I am 18, I am in college (computer systems program, very few girls in my program), I live in my own apartment, work... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow. You're 18 and you've already begun to think, "I really need a girlfriend". Do you have any idea how ridiculous that thinking is? You don't NEED a girlfriend. In fact, I don't think you even have time for one right now. Girlfriend's in college usually cause the guy (or girl) to do worse in school, work, and just have more stress.

If you TRY to find a girlfriend, you'll never find one. You sound like you want to go shopping for one. Dude, just live life and let things come at you as they come. The ONLY POSSIBLE reason I would EVER consider you to be a loser is that you're this obsessed with getting a girlfriend. There are TONS of people who don't have girlfriends at your age. TONS. I don't have one, I'm 19, the longest relationship I've had lasted 2 days. I can't find anyone I like, but that doesn't make me a loser.

There will be opportunities, just don't rush anything. Sorry I'm so harsh, but to call yourself a loser because you don't have a girlfriend is really stupid. You aren't a loser.

• You say I will never find girlfriend if I look for it. But if I don't I will probably still be single by like the age of 30 and I don't want to be like that. I want to have someone by the time I finish college cause I am tired of coming home alone and being lonely. And if I can't find a girlfriend by looking for her, how do other people do it?

• Show Older
    • Just live your life. If you see a girl, talk to her, if it develops into something more, then it does. There are tons, as I've said, TONS, of guys your age who don't have anyone to come home to. Stop measuring yourself against people who get girlfriends every freaking month.

• The guy can't stop looking usually because the guy is the one who almost all the time has to initiate the date/relationship.