• Ask
  • myTake

My girlfriend says she doesn't want me to drink anymore because she doesn't like me when I drink!

My girlfriend says she doesn't want me to drink anymore because she doesn't like me when I drink! but she can drink all she wants. it seems a little unfair. when we go out on the weekends all she does is drink and I just sit there then I get in trouble for not talking much or seeming like I'm pouting all the time. what do I do the only reason I don't talk much is Because I don't really know her friends and she just shows me no attention the whole time so I feel like I'm not even there at all. I'm trying to do want she wants by not drinking because I care about her more than a bottle but still can't make her happy Because I'm not having fun with everyone getting thrown! sorry I just don't know what to do anymore! she is running me away by controlling me and then getting mad because I don't act the way she thinks I should!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• So... Does she not like you when you drink? Or does she not like you when she's had a few drinks?If its option 1 consider trying to decide on a compromise. Sit down one night and drink with her and when she says you are getting obnoxious you know you should stop drinking one drink before whatever number you got to. Then propose that you be allowed to drink within that limit. If she says no she is being selfish and you can either point it out or dump her for it.If its option 2 things are probably over between the two of you. People tend to lose their inhibitions when drinking not their opinions.

• it option 1 she doesn't like me when I drink! I have a problem and know that so I stopped for me mostly but her also becuase drinkin is not worth losing her to me! it just doesn't seem fair that even when I don't drink she gets mad because it looks I'm not having fun or I don't talk much! I'm just chillin you know I'm not on her level so I'm debby downer! its sucks! its seems like when she is with her friend I don't even exist and when I say this to her she turns it around somehow and I'm the bad guy

• Ok here are some key phrases pulled from your posts. "Looks like I'm not having fun" are you having fun? "Her friends" as in not your friends right? So you are either there to mingle to make her happy by becoming part of her social circle or you are arm candy? You might want to ask her which of these reasons is why you keep getting invited. But I'd bet on the later because " I don't really know her friends and she just shows me no attention the whole time" Love her but don't get walked on.

What Girls Said 6

• I wouldn't want my boyfriend to drink or smoke anything that is disgusting and it ruins ppls health I want my baby to be healthy...well anyways she is such a hypocrite

• Tell her that she is running you away by controlling you, and tell her that she is not being fair towards you. Try and talk to her before breaking up..

• i try and she turns it around on me! I'm not one to have confrontation unless I feel strongly about something! it seems like when I do as she wants I do it wrong and when I don't do what she wants I'm horrible too its lose lose! when we are both sober we are great a love every minute of it! I love her and don't want to walk away but I can't keep doin this

• Have you told her that she is making you wanna break up? Maybe it will make her listen.

• Either don't drink around her -tell her you're going for a drink with your friends and that either you'll come back when you're sober or stay at a friend's house if you're really drunk (if you live together that is), or choose her or drinking if you don't want to filter the crowd you drink around...What's more important?I'd say compromise. Ultimatums never work the way you want them to.

• Leave her...it doesn't sound like she's a good fit for you.

• I guess it depends on what your bad behavior is when you drink. Some people get batsh*t out of control.

What Guys Said 2

• The question is, do you like HER when she drinks? And ask your other friends about your behavior while in "party mode". Maybe there is room for improvement. But if you and your girl can not come to a happy compromise, end the relationship on a good note. Move and and be just friends.Good Luck,James

• She's trying to control and change you, typical woman.