Wondering Why You're Not Getting Many Opinions on Your Question?

Many times I see a question that I actually want to answer, but then I open it up and I see a pool of words. Within the first 50 word sentence I find the spelling errors that tick me off the most. So I'm going to tell you how you can get people to read and answer your questions.

1st step. The Title. GAG tells us to make it catchy, but spelling mistakes are not the good kind of catchy. Keep your question short, you have an entire description box to go into detail. If you have multiple questions you want to put in one then choose the most important one, then ask the rest in the description.

2nd Step. Your, you're, there, their, they're, two, to, too.

I would like to break these down for you, so those who don't know the correct use, will know:

Your- personalization. That is your chair.

You're - shortened version of you are. I don't know what you're doing.

There- place or position. Your phone is over there.

Their- belonging to or associated with someone. No, that's their phone.

They're - short for they are. They're going to get my phone.

Two- this is a number. There are two people in the car.

To- used for expressing motion. I'm walking to the car.

Too- in addition - I'm going to the car too.

3rd step. . , ! ? ( )

Just use punctuation, grammar and paragraphs please, it makes everything so much easier to read.

Final step . Proofread and edit .

I believe it speaks for itself .

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 9

• I'd never want an opinion from you anyways.

• Thanks very much for this. :)

• 1) Write a good title.
    2) Have good grammar.
    3) ?
    4) Profit.

Well English isn't the first language to many users so I don't care about grammar.

• I think the biggest factors aside from the title and grammar are question length and how recognizable your username is.

Long questions posted anonymously are not likely to get a lot of opinions regardless of how perfect their grammar or how catchy the title.

• Excellent Take, besides, some people tend to write too long questions... most people don't want to read novels in here.

• BUT I ALREADY DO ALL THESE THINGS. :(

• Have you looked to see if your question has been asked before?

• Does anonymity have anything to do with anything?

• Well I can't read your questions to find where you went wrong

• Great take - Very true - That Uncle Jack meme, sheer brilliance.

• I run out of characters, so I get rid of spaces to compensate..

What Girls Said 4

• This is great! Many people wonder how they can get more opinions on their questions. Thanks for sharing this with the community. :)

This is great advice, good myTake.

• What I am wondering, is why gag lately is giving MHO and not the Asker of their questions.

• If the asker doesn't do it within a specific time frame then gag does it for them. It Is a little unfair since it's a random selection but better than nothing.

• I am nearly Master now, get many MHO's every day, but Lately, slowing me down with Gag having to give the award. I think maybe many newbies here.. Anyway, Great My take.

• Yes! Grammar matters! When will people realize?