The 7 Cons Of Being A Popular GAGer And The 7 Cons Of Being An Unknown GAGer

I have experienced both. I believe I have had myself lost in obscurity and I’m not on the surface anymore. So let’s see the cons of each side.

Popular GAGer:

(In alphabetical order)

1) Being mentioned often

It’s really distracting if it happens very frequently. It might be exciting if it happens once in a while...but continuously?

2) Frequent PMs

Please answer here, Please answer there, etc. It’s getting really tiring after some point.

3) If you deactivate many questions about you will pop up.

You cannot leave the site in peace, you know.

4) More comments on your posts

Sometimes they are useful. But sometimes they might be useless –especially when two others have a conversation on your own post-. The latter is definitely not good.

5) More haters

Being popular, brings you more haters obviously.

6) Rumors about you being spread.

By haters obviously. And unfortunately some people might believe those rumors.

7) Your opinions will be judged more easily.

But weren’t you saying a month ago…this…that…, well it seems you cannot change your opinion about a subject without being judged about it.

Unknown GAGer:

(In alphabetical order)

1) It’s more difficult to be an Editor

Difficult, but not impossible though. But you have to put more effort if in case you want to be an Editor.

2) Less answers in your questions.

Since you have less followers, then chances are you are going to get less answers. Unless it’s some popular topic obviously.

3) Less chances to get MHO (in popular questions)

I must state that. Because in questions about advice (usually coming from less known GAGers) chances are equal. But if it’s a popular question (by another popular user), then chances to be selected for MHO are less.

4) Less chances to win a contest

There are many contests in GAG which are “Like-based”. So it means popular users will get benefit from it, whilst the non-popular ones will not.

5) Less possible to be elected as a moderator.

This, if you want to be a moderator. Moderators are usually the popular users.

6) You won’t be given a gift card so easily from other users.

Well, there are some people here, who don’t want the gift cards. So when they redeem, they choose to make a question and ask Who wants my gift card? Chances are, they will give it to someone more popular, than someone not known.

7) Your MyTakes will get Featured less easily.

This, if you are not an Editor though (which needs hard work for your case as I said in #1). Also getting Promoted will still be more difficult, but not impossible if you posted a MyTake in the proper formula.

Conclusion: No matter in which side you are on, you will always have your cons.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 11

All good points for disadvantages on either side of the playing field. Short, sweet, and to the point.

First world problems here when people on this site talk shit about you and you care enough lol who cares none of it its true anyway. That's all I wanted to say from this.

And plus I don't know why people take it to heart when people leave this site like not Yahoo answer users care this much but then again there no one on it except old people.

Damn it, relax everyone.

Whatever I don't give a shit if someone finds this too rude when its not rude at all. Emotional drama queens.

This is true. So many random ass people hate me for no reason and I don't even know them. If I leave I know the haters will come out of the woodwork to hate on me. Fortunately I have met a bunch of kind gagers who enjoy me here though.

interesting

I love being popular on this site :3

I noticed some bs when I first joined this site, so stayed anon ever since. My shit still gets featured and stuff though.

I prefer the cons of less popular GaGers and i am one of the not well known users in this site

I think I am the unpopular one but I don't really care too much

I am a high-rank user, an editor, and a moderator on GirlsAskGuys. All of myTakes, since the very beginning, are promoted, and many of them are featured. I have a habit of writing in complete, coherent sentences and making Takes that the Admins and Content Manager want. I have never really applied to the Editor position; that was just offered to me. And I have never really applied to become Moderator; that was offered to me as well. This implies that there are people and bots on the other side reviewing all the posts, and they can see the actual user behind the anonymous posts. The "anonymity" only appears to regular users, not the administrators who work for G@G.

I'm an unknown gager and I can't relate to some of the points you made: looking at you #5 and #7. As for point #4 I've participated in a contest only once in my old account and I won, now I don't take a chance on any gag contest anymore because... well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I doubt I'll win. I have a feeling I somewhat relate to #4.

That's not true. I'm unknown here and I'm a mod and an editor. My takes do get feautured sometimes.

What Guys Said 14

Unpopular users can still be moderators because your report success ratio has to be high. Unpopular users can still be editors because this site has to like your mytakes and promote them. It can still be featured if the content is good enough to be featured. I don't think popularity has that much of an effect on editor and moderator status.

Why would anyone give away their gift card? I feel like that rarely happens on here. Why not just give it away to someone they know in real life as a gift? I think the only time (or one of very few times) that has happened on here was when I gave away my gift card to a girl (she's popular) on here because I couldn't accept the reward I got for the clickbait contest and I felt like she deserved it more. *This has happened on my previous account*

I think popularity can affect the percentage of mhos and number of answers on questions. I don't want to ask questions on here. I'll give the best answers on questions that only look for good answers and not for popularity status. I don't know about winning contests. It depends on what the contest is about I guess.

I was never too popular on here. I didn't get too many questions popping up about me after I deactivated my previous account. The cons for popularity are pretty bad. However, I got mostly positive mentions and the pms were not too bad. Sometimes the comments were annoying but usually they were not bad. I'm not allowing notifications for comments on my opinions anymore because people on here became too rude for that. I wouldn't want to be popular on GAG because of the haters and rumors. There is no point in being popular on here.

Number four unknowns is true for me. I can never win a contest or editor of the month no matter how hard I've tried. I was a moderator for a while just to find out it's not as cool as what I thought it would be. About users deactivating I'm surprised Justbanannaz wasn't talked about more or generated a lot of conversation like MissNowhere did when she left

There's some truth to it, yeah. I've experienced some of it, and have even experienced it on other sites. The MHO thing gets me the most I think. Most MHOs aren't given because the asker really saw value in the answer, it's because they like to award the popular people. That's why I don't much get caught up in it like a lot of other Gagers. It's just a popularity contest.

That sucks I always do it for the answer even if I only get one gender answer I still give that one an MHO

1) Being mentioned often
    Well I'm barely if ever mentioned so I can see your point.

2) Frequent PMs
    I actually noticed that I initiate most of the PM's in a day. I wonder what would happen if I were to stop?

Only for a week or so. Everyone already forgot, say, Missnowhere and justbannaz or whatever her name was.

4) More comments on your posts
    The more the merrier.

5) More haters
    Anyone with a spine wouldn't care about haters. Not like they can do anything.

6) Rumors about you being spread.
    Again, if you have a spine, that shouldn't be an issue.

Got tired to write the rest tho.

About #3... don't be sure so about it. I have seen posts about me 5-6-7 months later after my original deactivation.

*so sure

I'm definitely on the lesser known side. I don't really have many issues though with the cons you state. I get enough answers to the few questions I ask to be pleased. I don't really care about the rest. I don't try to be an editor or a moderator and I don't participate in those gift card awarding challenges.

They give away gift cards damn i want one😂

GEEZ I'M UNPOPULAR ON AN INTERNET WEBSITE! THIS WILL IMPACT SO BADLY IN MY CARRIER!

I was not known before I was a moderator and I am not really well known now either.

Who cares if you're popular or not on this site.

True doe.

Why would someone want to be an editor? What's the difference? :o

And about two other users having a convo in your question, it is always good, cause it bumps the feed.

You can win in those "Editor of the month" contests.

Ohh, I thought that was for anybody that could write a lot of takes. Makes sense.
      Not sure if most people even write takes anyway, but yeah, makes sense.

I only did 1 mytake and it got featured (even being unknown) if you don't write dogshit and put some effort in it'll get featured.

Point number 1, 5 and 7 in unknown G@Ger is false.

Rest are true. I agree.

About 5? I've never seen an "unknown" moderator here.

The only thing what matters is your success ratio

That's why I like being in between. Not famous, but I believe I'm not completely unknown.

I was famous with my old account, but now I'm not known.

Thanks!

"famous" HAHAHHA