Do women say the opposite of what they actually mean?

this is more for the experts but you can answer too a girl becomes interested in a guy, and the guy becomes interested in the girl, because they... Show More

• Vote A Yes, women do test their men, saying the opposite of what they actually mean
  • Vote B No, women mean what they say, and she really does want him to call
feel free to explain, as well
btw, she just called, I didn't answer as to not make it seem desperate, she left a message..wanting to hang out

Most Helpful Girl

• See? This is what's wrong with people these days. We've become so focused on "not getting hurt" that we've completely forgotten how to dust ourselves off and move on gracefully (and in a healthy manner) if we do!

First, stop with the game playing. Forget about "looking desperate." If I was her, and you answered the phone, I wouldn't have thought you were desperate. I would've thought "Oh, I'm so glad he answered after I didn't those first two times he called, now we don't have to play this agonizing game of phone tag!" BUT because she's probably playing "the game" as well, I'm sure that's why SHE didn't answer the two times you called. Ridiculous. You like each other, just leave it at that. You don't have to play all these neurotic mind games to prove it! NO wonder the divorce rate is going up. People are nuts... I'm moving to Canada!

Second, unfortunately yes. Women (well, I know I sometimes do) say the opposite of what they mean. I think ultimately we want to see how hard a guy will work to pry the truth out of us. Simple as that. Working hard wins our affections.

• ^That's what I'm saying^

• Show Older
    • Thank God someone agrees with me on the whole game playing, shit. It's fucking ridiculous and people end up getting hurt over it. We're supposed to be grown ups, but were playing the who text who first and who answers who call first games. so pathetic.

• Soooo right, these paranoid games of interpreting and reinterpreting things is so useless and annoying

What Experts Said