Okay since this matters...what's the difference between curvy and overweight or fat?

Okay so since body shape and size does seem to matter to the every day guy and gal...I want to know how people define/describe these categories...

-Curvy

-Overweight

-Fat/Obese

It seems to me that lines that divide these categories are so often shaded by personal opinion and preference...so what's yours? Also, if you could give an example of a person that you think fits within each category that would be helpful.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's hard to describe, so a picture is the best way.

These women I consider to be curvy/healthy. They have a little "meat" on their bones, but they are still proportional, hence the word curves. They have defined upper body, mid section, and lower body. Their bodies aren't all just one blob of shape. There is a continuous line/curve.

link

link

link

link

These woman I would consider to be overweight. For the reason that I stated the women above are not overweight.

link

link

link

link

• Report

Oh my goodness...those pictures were helpful. I think according to your opinion I would most certainly be considered curvy.

• Report

Very good examples in the pics.

• Report

Perfect examples! I don't agree with AlwaysClassy (below). Jennifer Hudson is, to me, extra curvy... but I wouldn't call her overweight. Raven... depends on the day. But their right on with the Obese set.