Why Looks Are Important

I know what your thinking, that i must be a stuck-up, materialistic bitch.

But i'm not.

When i say "looks", i don't mean you have to be absolutely model level attractive. Not everyone is blessed with good looks. However, taking care of yourself and taking pride in your apperance IS important. Proper grooming, such as hair/face/body care is SO important! Picking clothes that flatter your body and styling your hair (or at least keeping it clean) is a must. Makeup is NOT for 'fake' girls. Makeup is about excentuating your features to show off your good qualities, and to make yourself feel good.

Why Looks ARE Important

• First Impressions are Important- When you first meet someone, you judge them on their appearance. Not to be rude or judgmental, it's just a human reaction. Before you know someone's personality, how you feel about them is based soley on their appearnce. If a meet a guy (or girl), who is dressed nicely, clean and groomed and carries themselves well, i will instantly like them more.
  • How you feel about YOURSELF- I know for myself personally, if i feel that i look good in my new outfit, or my new hair is really flattering i will feel better about myself. I will smile, walk taller and feel more confident. there's no denying, looking good makes you FEEL good!
  • Getting Ahead- As sad as it is, in our society, looks so play a role in how your life goes. Put yourself in the shoes of a employer. Someone walks in with dirty hair, looking tired and out of it, with a shirt untucked and a stain on their pants. Now someone walks in, hair neat and styled, face clealy shaven and wearing a crispy suit. Who do you pick?

I could give you 100 reasons why "Looks" are important, but i'm pretty sure most of you would agree with me, and be able to think of some more on your own. If you down agree, tell me why!

Have a nice day, Yolanda x

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 9

• Looks are important but a good personality is better.

• It is important for making new friends.

• I agree I wish I looked well...

• I like how you intelligently described the sad truths about why looks are important. Even though it is morally wrong for people to mistreat someone based on their looks, people will continue to do it anyway. Unless a person plans on changing all of society they are just going to have to get used to being judged by their looks. Nothing can be done about it unless something dramatic happens to society.
    I have a terrible self image and I will most likely view myself as ugly no matter what. In fact my number 1 goal in life is to get plastic surgery to improve my facial appearance. I don't have any deformities and people tell me I'm attractive, but I feel pressured to become more attractive. Psychologically it's possible I could never feel good about my appearance no matter how much plastic surgery I get or how much I go to the gym.
    But the sad truth is that improving my appearance actually will make people treat me better which makes society feed my poor self image.

• Yup looks are important of course... Looks are everywhere... why would I even approach a girl who doesn't look good... I mean for me to approach I have to be physically attracted to her at least 50%

• Looks represent YOU your life decisions life style and of course reproductive selection

• Looks give you that head start people don't realize most of time is there

• They are important... I mean that's why I even approach someone in the first place. Not being shallow.. it's just all I have

• My name is mistninja314 and I approve of this message #moment nice take i1127.photobucket.com/.../201307231716151079.gif

What Girls Said 8

• For the job interview yes. a lot of hot girls always cruise through it like they did nothing to earn it.

• Seems like good common sense:)

• They sure do help. they say it's not about that but it does help haha.

• that's true looking neat and presentable is very important

• Yes looks do matter, but i do not judge people on basis of their looks.. Looks are not everything//

• If I'm not physically attracted to you, I would not be interested in talking to you if I'm looking for a dating relationship, but if I'm not yeah I would new friends are always good idc what you look like.

• looks are everything

• It's a biological thing, really. Good appearance means good health, & you don't want an unhealthy mate.