Do men like a maid mommy wife?

I am sad for my friend. She is a very nurturing mommy type. Her husband is more handsome and she is like his servant. He was a spoiled kid and she spoils him rotten. But it seems like he isn't nice to her in return and he does a lot of selfish things. She puts all his food on his plate, smooths his clothes in public, touches his face and hair in front of everyone, meanwhile he barks orders and won't even order her favorite food because he only wants his stuff

Do guys really want a mom? She's legit like his mom. Their entire relationship seems to revolve around him. I feel like she is losing herself and secretly less happy than she pretends to be. I also think she is very attached to him.

Can girls really hook guys by bending backwards and doing everything for him without return? I feel like it only works on selfish men.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 5

• Could it be possible that she likes the relationship that way? A lot of girls do.

Personally, I don't like being waited on hand and foot. I can take care of myself.

• This guy must make all the moolah. Hence why she treats him like a king and is clearly dependent on him.

• If I want a maid I'll hire one, don't need a mommy already have. So no I do not want a maid mommy wife, I want an equal wife.

• My dad is like this. He broke things off with my mom because she wasn't mommy enough for him and found another woman who would be.

I can't stand it personally, especially the whole baby voice thing that my step-mom does.

• Welcome to the scenario in Asia

What Girls Said 5

• I am the nurturing type and I love to do things for the person I'm with, I want to take care of him. I do however think there should be a mutual level of respect for one another in a relationship. I'm not here to act as a doormat, but to be a faithful, loving and caring partner. I think sometimes if you do too much for a person they will start to expect it and a lot of times take advantage of that.

It has been proven that guys want to marry someone who acts nuturing and motherly towards them because although they are independent, strong and can make their own money and success, they are soft and want to feel cared for and looked after (and what guy doesn't want meals cooked for him or to avoid doing/folding his laundry?).

• I do that with my bfs too. My mom and dad are like that. My granddaddy and grandma were like that. The best relationships if you ask me. I think it happens a lot when guys are babied by their moms and get married before they can really learn to be self sufficient.

• There is no way I could do that, I love my husband, but I refuse to be his mom. I don't think he would want me to be that way either! He's a grown ass man who can take care of himself! I'm not saying I don't do things for my husband because I do, but he does things for me too and don't treat me like shit! Our marriage isn't all about one person, it's about the both of us and trying get the same things out of life!! I shouldn't take care of my husband like he is my child, his not a child he's my husband! He's a man! I'll have a time in my life where I will be a mom, but not to him, it'll be to his kids! I do enough motherly type things at work, taking care of one grown man (I work with mentally handicap adults) I don't need to go home an take care of another one.

• I was raised that a woman takes care of her man she cooks and fixes the kids and s/o plate and cleans and busts her ass to keep the kids up and the house and make sure the bills are paid and I was a doormat through my marriage but my relationship now is 50/50 we both clean and keep the house up and the yard and he helps with my children even though I don't ask him to nor do I expect him to but I am still the one who cooks and I still fix plates when meals are done but I also do that because its easier thencto have 4+ people in the kitchen while u r trying to get things done

• Well I'll spoil my man and he will take it or leave it. I'll be the best wife I can.. If he's not up to par and does not have the self esteem to handle my love and rather mistakes it for "mother smothering" I will divorce him without hesitation.. A REAL MAN KNOWS THE DIFFERENCE between a nurturing wife and a doormat.