Why did she wave at me?

I smile and wave at the girl I like whenever we see each other before our 5th period class. She'll smile and wave back. I actually do engage in conversations with her about once a week. Today after lunch I was kind of starring at her (she sits 3 tables over) as the ending bell rang. I think she caught me, but she smiled and waved at me. She's never waved at me before without me waving first, so I was caught off guard, and she turned away before I could wave back.

Why did she wave? Did she probably catch me starring? Am I totally overreacting to an insignificant gesture? What should I do about not waving back? Is it weird that her waving and smiling at me made my day the bast day I've ever had in my entire life?

She's usually really introverted. The only exception is when she's with her friends and sometimes with me.
Nah. It didn't mean anything at all. She dislikes me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just keep talking to her and see where it goes. Her initiating acknowledgement of you first this time is a good sign, especially since it was a positive gesture. She might have noticed you looking at her, but I think you're just in shock, haha. Tell her next time you see her that you DID see her wave after lunch and wanted to say hello, but didn't have time because you both needed to get to class. That way you acknowledge her greeting, and show her at the same time that you do want to continue contact with her, without saying so.

What Girls Said 1

• being friendly

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like she waved because she noticed you and that's kind of the "thing" you guys do when you see each other at a distance. She probably did catch you staring, girls have good peripheral vision, but she waved so I don't think she minded... I don't think you should read too much into it, just see it as what it was, a small but possibly significant interaction between you and her. That she initiated the wave is good, it shows she's not adverse to the connection you guys have. No, it's always nice when a girl notices or show interest in you. Even a small smile can make your day.

• is she typically a friendly person? If she is, then it's likely she'll wave at you. A lot of girls are flirty and to be blatant, just like to flirt. If she's more laid back and introverted, then I think it's definitely a big plus for you. She obviously likes you on some level, whether it be as a friendly face in school, a friend, or something more. She definitely caught you staring man :) I think it's normal to overreact to something like this because it's obvious you really like the girl. It's fine you didn't wave back; she probably knows you like her anyway or at the least she thinks you think she's hot. I don't think it's weird; silly sh*t like that can make someones day when they really like someone. Good luck!