We are both married but flirt everyday via text what does he want?

We reconnected on Facebook last summer and have been texting/flirting everyday . We are both married and have kids. I am the one who is in a rocky relationship his seems normal . He seems to make it a point to say nice things and makes me smile which is something that I crave since I am not getting this in my marriage.we have not had sex but say if we were single then we would be. I love him and I am not sure how he feels about me . Is this just an emotional affair or does he really want more? I think he is amazing and I think about him all the time and I know he thinks about me too.what does he want? We are both into each other obviously but us it more than friendship?

@barkmoon , I have backed off ... I don't think he would text me everyday if it were just me ! We are both getting good feelings from it so maybe his relationship is not as normal as it seems...

Most Helpful Guy

• This isn't cheating, this is flirting - which makes everyone feel good, just as yattaboy in sports or wow for a special dress. He likes you - as a penpal - as a backup - as a buddy when no one else is around. Sure, if you are in an emotional slump you might be drawn into this as something more but it's not ... and in time your thoughts & emotions will pass through this fantasy phase into penpal phase.

So for what it is, it's OK.

Major changes in both lives would have to take place before this has the opportunity to become more. All of his & your penpals & daily associates might then take on a different role & compete for affections. Even if these worlds turned upside down, there's no guarantee you have the inside track.

We all fall in love (aka temporary insanity) many times during our lives.

What Guys Said 2

• Are you still exchanging messages, or did it end?

• The guy is in a ┬┤normal┬┤ relationship with his wife...what the hell are you doing? back off...you both have kids...geez, people these days...

What Girls Said 2

• You may not be in the best marriage, but I mean you have family and so does he. I would say if you love him and have gotten as far as saying you guys would have sex if you weren't married, then that is a red flag for both of you. It means insecurity in your marriage and so what would happen if you ended up getting together? Just be careful and don't continue to get closer with him unless something just happens to take place that ends the marriages.. But be careful!

• I think its really just emotional cheating. I wouldn't count

on him leaving his wife though. Talk to him about it, about this

relationship, about his feelings. Communication.

Plus think about your kids, and his kids. Because anything that

happens is not just about you two anymore.