What does it mean when my boyfriend talks about marriage?

My boyfriend and I have been together for half a year now. We talk a lot and he sometimes makes little comments to do with marriage and weddings. Example: Prom was last night and my dress was huge and really fluffy. It was a pain to move and people were stepping on it left and right. At the end of the night I said I was never going to wear a huge dress again. He said "Aww, not even at our wedding?" He makes comments like that a lot and I don't want to think something wrong. Guys, a little help please?

Most Helpful Guy

• He believes in your relationship lasting, and doesn't want you to think it will end. This is a good thing. If you don't think you want to take your relationship that serious, then you should tell him before it goes on for too long.

• I have to disagree.

Some guys have a tendency to say comments like that because it feels right in the moment, but it is not certain that he thinks about weddings when the girl is not around.

I would take it as a compliment and not think about it too much.

But it certainly isn't a bad thing.

• It's not that I don't want the relationship to be serious. I love him very much, I just don't quite understand. He makes comments like that at the most random times and most of the time I have no idea what to say. If he asked me to marry him, I would say yes in a heartbeat. I just don't know why he says these things but then the one time I tried to ask him why he talked about it he only said "because I love you" and nothing more. It's confusing to me.

• its a form of playing around. if he knows your sense of humor then he does it to make you laugh. while it can be tricky to play around with that subject he's just doing it out of humor. I've said "marry me" to people on here just cause it fit right and it sounded funny to her. she just laughed and moved on. like I said, he's just playing around, nothing serious

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0