She is engaged with someone else. But she is still texting me. I can't get over her this way.

I met this girl on a dating website. We never hung out. But I have seen her from a distance. I get a lot of pictures from. Some pictures are nude and some are pictures of her daughter. When she is single she texts me pretty often as if she has no one else to talk to. But when she is in a relationship. Normally, I would from her once every two weeks. But in her current relationship. I will her from her 4 days straight and then she would stop texting me for 3 to 4 days. Its has became a pattern. Now 3 years has past and she decides to get engage with her current boyfriend. Of course this sucks. Now I have to get over her. But I can't because she still wants to text me. I don't understand...she knows I like her a lot. But she still wants to talk to me. I can't see myself being her text buddy and I can't believe she would want too. Why she won't leave me alone? Does this make any sense?

Most Helpful Girl

• girls aren't like guys. they like having male friends genuinely. they message/ text/ meet up/ hang with guys they would never date just for the sake of it. they enjoy talking and the company. Also sometimes if having fights with their partner etc they may like to talk to a male to make themselves feel better.

I have a feeling she never viewed you as more than a friend and well she isn't using you per se because she does seem to genuinely view you as someone she enjoys talking to, howevver, that is it. and she probably is confused as to how you love her so much that it would pain you to talk to her if you can't have her considering you haven't even met! I think you put yourself in the friend zone a long time ago..if this bugs you, you need to say something to her. saying you like her, well people say that all the time to friends. it doesn't mean oh I like you so much that I want you and want to be with you and if we can't be more I don't want to be friends and leave me alone. so saying you like her all the time isn't really going to be getting the message across to leave you alone if she is with somoene else. In fact it probably boosted her ego, hence why she sent you all those pics when she was single, to make herself feel better about herself because she knows you always compliment her etc

• Yeah, I agree.

• well, you don't really need to put your guard up. I think you knew the answer the whole time, you just liked her you were blinded and in denial. if you are questioning if someone likes/ loves you then they dont. when someone loves/ likes you and wants you..you just know. don't be over skeptical with people, because then you will fall into the hands of a narcissist or something. someone who appears perfect at first and then transforms. just learn from this but don't let it define you goodluck

What Girls Said 8

• Let her go if she is doing this. Leading somebody on that you cannot be with is selfish.

• WHAT IS HAPPEN IS THAT SHE IS USING You BECAUSE IF SHE ENGAGE THEN THATS THATS BUT IF YALL DNT REALLY KNOW EACH OTHER YALL NEVER BEEN OUT SO HOW DO YALL HAVE FEELINGS IF You LIKE SOMEBODY You WOULD RATHER TALK TO THEM EVERYDAY NOT TEXT, SHE IS USING You ALL You IS WEN HER AND HER MAN HAVE A PROBLEM THEN SHE TEXT U, You LIKE HER BECAUSE SHE SHOWED You NUDE PICTURES OF HER BUT HER MAN IS GETTING THE REAL DEAL SO MOVE ON LET HER GO!

• I agree with InquisitiveMale... move on buddy! There's plenty of girls who will treat you better. It's not fair to you to wait this out!

• I agree that you need to block her. But I'm really curios with why didn't you two meet up in real in the past 3 years?

• If you need to move on away from her you should definitely change your number.

• She just want attention from you . you should be glad she isn't with you. But again texting is pretty normal it depends on the context of it ie whether she is flirting..or trying to lead you on. Don't response if you feel uncomfortable.

• you need to block her out of your life! pictures, emails, contact info and all

• have you ever thought she might be doing this to a number of guys?

no it doesn't make sense other than she is psycho. I agree with the others.

She probably knows what she is doing to you (like any manipulative person) and likes the control she has over you.

What Guys Said 6

• You're already her text buddy. That's exactly what you've been for the past three years. You're the back-up, the shoulder to cry on, your the go to guy. What you've been thus far is unchangeable but you always have the choice to tell her no.

It's what you should have done a long time ago.

You've somehow adopted this notion that her love is for sale and if you continue to support her emotional needs she's eventually going to recognize all these great things in you she's failed to see all this time... That's not going to happen.

You've know her for awhile. She knows how you feel. She's engaged to someone else.

I think it's time to move on.

• You two never even met.. therefore what.. the.. fock. And drop it.

And she, sounds a little sociopathic. God damn it seriously this makes as much sense as an episode of focking Towie or Made in Chelsea or whatever the fock it's called or that abysmal sequel to Transformers which happens to be a complete and utter joke.

This makes about as much sense as those - none.

• She's using you for emotional attention...investing time and energy in her, is time and energy wasted.

I know it such but you have to ignore her and tell her to confide in her husband-to-be.

• block the number,

• Cut her off. I know 3 years is a long time but you have to pick up the pieces and move on.

• be a little "heartless"... don't let her bother you! its not that I am telling you to hate her. just don't talk to her as often. don't be so responsive. sometimes you need to ignore her and make yourself boring to her.