Why is my boyfriend so cheap with me?

I am not going to lie. I love buying myself things, as a girl ofcourse, I love cosmetics, clothes, shoes, purses and so on. But just to clarify I... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• I really do think the whole cable thing is really odd. I mean yea, you aren't paying for it, but if you aren't doing PPV, then what is the issue? It doesn't cost a whole lot to watch cable and you have to pay for it regardless if you watch it or not.

My boyfriend is kind of the same way. He is what most would call cheap, but I realize why. He comes from a big family and doesn't like to waste money. When we go out, we go to either free events or stuff that doesn't cost a whole lot. But we still go out. He doesn't ask for gas money, but I can kind of understand the whole gas money thing. It is expensive, and if he is the one always driving, I can understand that.

I would talk to him though, especially about the cable thing. I think he took that too far. I can understand wanting to pay less for the concert tickets, because being up close isn't always better. But if you are really concerned, talk to him about it. Tell him that you love him but are hurt by his ideas about money. Ask him if you guys could work some things out. But at least he got you some tickets though :P

I don't think that for an anniversary you have to have a gift, but even if he cooked you a nice dinner and was romantic, I think that would be enough. Perhaps tell him that. He should do something special for you. It becomes a concern for me when a guy refuses to do anything special for the girl he loves because he feels like counting pennies is more important. If that is what is happening, then let him know and tell him how it makes you feel.