The Men of Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Who Was Your Favorite?

I did a take on the women of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and now it's the men's turn. Feel free to list who your favorite was, if any at all.

1. Angel played by David Boreanaz (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Seasons 1-3 and the spin-off Angel Seasons 1-5)

Before he was a vampire: His name was Liam and he was a drunken Irishman. After he became a vampire: He became known as Angelus then once gypsies cursed him with his soul, he became Angel. Love Interests: Darla, Buffy Summers, Kate Lockly, Cordelia Chase and Nina Ash. Series outcome in Buffy the Vampire Slayer: After helping Buffy fight the Mayor, he left Sunnydale and moved to L.A. Series outcome in Angel: He was last seen fighting the evil lawfirm, Wolfram and Hart.

2. Spike played by James Marsters (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Seasons 2 -7 then in Angel Season 5)

Before he was a vampire: His name was William and he was a poet of sorts. After he became a vampire: He became known as William the Bloody, he then eventually became known as Spike. Love Interests: Drusilla, Harmony Kendall and Buffy Summers. Series outcome in Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Helped Buffy fight the First by volunteering to wear this amulet that was given to her by Angel, to help fight the first. It did just that but ended up killing him. Series outcome in Angel: That same amulet got sent back to Angel in an envelope and when he opened it, Spike came back to life out of the amulet. He was last seen helping Angel fight the evil law firm, Wolfram and Hart.

3. Wesley Wyndam - Pryce played by Alexis Denisof (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 3 then in Angel Seasons 1-5)

Occupation: Faith's watcher. Then was apart of Angel's inverstigation firm, Angel investigations. Love Interests: Cordelia Chase, Lilah Morgan and Winifred "Fred" Burkle. Series outcome: After being fired as a watcher and leaving Sunnydale, he moved to L.A. where he become apart of Angel's investigation team. He was shunned for awhile after stealing Angel's baby Connor, fearing Angel would hurt him but eventually he got back in Angel's good graces. He died in Season 5, helping Angel fight Wolfram and Hart.

4. Rupert Giles played by Anthony Stewart Head (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Seasons 1-7)

Occupation: Buffy's watcher. Love Interests: Jenny Calendar and Olivia. Series outcome: He eventually stopped being a watcher and left in Season 6 but came back at the end of the Season 6, when he heard Tara died and Willow turned evil because of it. He left again but came back in Season 7 with some new potential slayers and to help Buffy fight the First. He was last seen standing with eveyone staring at the big hole in the ground that use to be Sunnydale.

5. Alexander "Xander" Harris played by Nicholas Brendan (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Seasons 1-7)

Occupation: Construction worker and one of Buffy's side kicks. Love interests: Cordelia Chase and Anyanka "Anya" Jenkins. Series outcome: in Season 7 he lost his eyesight in one eye,helping Buffy fight an evil priest named Caleb. He was last seen standing with everyone staring at the big hole that use to be Sunnydale.

6. Daniel "Oz" Osborne" played by Seth Green (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Seasons 2-4)

Occupation: High school student and member of a rock band. Love interest: Willow Rosenberg. Series outcome: He started out a normal guy, until he got scratch by a werewolf and eventually became one himself. He left Sunnydale in the middle of Season 4.

7. Riley Finn played by Marc Blucas (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Seasons 4 & 5 with an appearence in Season 6)

Occupation: Member of group called the initiative and a covert operative of the United States government. Love interests: Buffy Summers and Samantha "Sam". Series outcome: He left the show in Season 5 after being asked to help out with a mission and cameback in a Season 6 episode, married and in opertive group fighting demons.

8. Robin Wood played by D.B. Woodside (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 7)

Occupation: High School Principal. Hookups: Faith. Series outcome: He came to Sunnydale, as the new high school principal but he was really the first slayers son and wanted to help fight the first. He ended up getting stabbed in the fight against the first, his outcome is unknown.

loveisbeautiful is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 8

• They're all great but it has to be Angel.

• ANGEL!!! i have a man crush on that guy no homo lol

• Graaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I hate that show, Hate all the men in it, hate all the females. Damn show should never have existed. I rage when I see anybody speak of this annoying show.

• I'm not into dudes, but Seth Green is pretty funny. He created Robot Chicken and he does the voice of Chris on Family Guy.

• "but he was really the first slayers son"

No... he was the son of the second slayer Spike killed, neither of which is anywhere near being the first slayer.

• Anyway Spike was my favourite.

• I wasn't picking on you or aiming to make you feel stupid, it's just the first slayer is in an episode of Buffy, and Robin Wood is certainly not her son. When I first read it it sounded like that's what you were saying. I don't see why people should be bothered so much if somewhat points something like this out, I wasn't being rude and I like the take.

• Sorry if I misunderstood, I just always have people nit picking at me for everything and it becomes frustrating. I met that Nikki Wood (the suppose first slayer, that Spike killed), was Robin Wood's mother.

• No Gunn? Or Connor? Or Lorne? They were there a lot more than most of these guys.

• They were in Angel, this is about Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I think the title pretty much summed it up.

• Sigh yeah I dunno how I could miss that, my bad. I'm gonna go with early seasons Spike.

• I watched more of Angel than Buffy but I would pick Spike and Wesley (when he was a badass in Angel).
    Plus Angelus was fun but he was also a mass murderer and one of the bloodiest creatures of all time so he probably doesn't count. Still had a wicked sense of humour though.

• Out of all the male characters in the show, Giles was without a doubt my favorite. Followed by Wesley (although not as he was portrayed in Buffy, but the character he became in later seasons of Angel), followed by Spike, followed by Xander, followed by Angel. The others in the list were not even a consideration as far as I'm concerned.

What Girls Said 17

• SPIKE, GILES AND OZ!

God!

Love those guys... =)

• I had a thing for Spike and Oz :)

• Buffy is my FAVORITE show of ALL time

• Wah I accidentally hit submit -_-
      Angel is my #1. He's always going to have a special place in my heart.
      I loved Spike until he tried to rape Buffy (I don't care that he didn't have a soul! no excuse -_-)
      Tho Robin the HOTTEST without a doubt
      Giles is my favorite character out of all the guys, overall

• What's with all the vampire movies anyway? I never got that

• Spike for sure!!

• I picked Robin Wood.

• Spike... Angel was too much of a bitch...

• I loved Spike. I absolutely loved him!

• Absolutely Angel!

• I'd like to answer this through a game of kiss, marry or kill.
    Kiss: Angel and or Spike
    Marry: Oz
    Kill: Riley

• Spike!! <3 so funny he is!

• Angel. I use to watch that show just because of Angel. It was like my version of porn when I was a pre-teen. He's also the reason I started watching Bones lol.
    Riley wasn't bad either.

• Spikeeeeeeee

• Spike... Yes, that bad boy just gets me everytime, he is Buffy's true love in my opinion...

• Angel. definitely Angel, hands down. He has that mysterious broody thing going on. Plus he'a tall and handsome. Very attractive. Also, he wasn't really a drunken Irishman in the sense that he's an alcoholic. He was rebelling against his father by drinking, partying and sleeping around. I also like Spike when they moved him to Angel. He was funnier their. And lastly, Angel and Kate were never together, they went on one date that turned really bad.

• Him and Cordelia were never really together either, but they had romantic interest in each other. As did him and Kate, that's why I put her.

• Spike!!! 😎😊

• Spike for life
    Always my favorite