Must try food in Malaysia ❤

I'm sure everyone loves food, ain't it? And speaking about food, Malaysia is literally the paradise of food! I always love to go on a food hunt and seek for the most delicious store for that particular food. Despite it being the same food, different people could cook a different taste to it, and you'll never get bored of trying it all!

Must try food in Malaysia ❤

Here are a list of some food that is worth trying if you're coming to Malaysia.

1. Char Kway Teow

It is a popular noodle dish in Malaysia and is considered a national favourite in Malaysia. This dish is commonly stir-fried with egg, slices of Chinese sausage, whole prawns, bean sprouts, chopped Chinese chives and deshelled blood cockles.

2. Nasi Lemak

It is a fragrant rice dish cooked in coconut milk and pandan leaf. It is commonly found in Malaysia and is considered the national dish. Nasi lemak is usually served for breakfast, however, because of its versatility in being able to be served in a variety of manners, it is now served and eaten any time of the day. It is commonly served anchovies, peanuts, boiled egg, cucumber and traditional chili paste.

3. Popiah

This is my favourite dish! Popiah is a Fujian/Teochew style fresh spring roll that is commonly found in Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia. The popiah skin is a soft, thin paper-like crepe or pancake made from wheat flour. The filling is mainly finely grated and steamed turnip and bangkuang. It can also be cooked with bean sprouts or lettuce leaves.

4. Asam Laksa

It is a sour, fish and tamarind-based soup. It is mainly served with shredded fish and finely sliced cucumber, onions, red chillies, pineapple, lettuce, daun kesum (laksa mint) and pink bunga kantan (torch ginger). It is served with either thick rice noodles or thin rice noodles and topped off with "hae ko" - a thick sweet shrimp paste.

5. Ais Kacang (aka ABC - Ais Batu Campur)

Ais Kacang literally means ice beans, whereas ABC means mixed ice. It is a common Malaysian dessert that can be found at many hawker centres, coffee shops and food courts. In Malaysia, almost all Ais Kacang now contains attap chee (palm seed), nata de coco, cendol, sweet corn, red bean and cincau (grass jelly).

Did any of these made you hungry? 😜 Hope you enjoyed reading it! :)

mskay is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 7

• char kway teow, nasi goring a couple of my favorites.

• Not enough meat in those dishes. I'm a carnivore and need tons of meat in every meal.

• I like Malaysian cuisine, they have lots of vegetarian dishes.

• Yup if you go to the right restaurant, the vegetarian dishes there are yummy! :)

• I love eating nasi lemak!

• Tasted them all expect the last one 😊

• The last one is the best! Especial during typical hot season :)

• Now seeing those pictures for a while hoping if they could change into real food :) .
    Did any of these made me hungry? Absolutely yes. nice take as always :)

• These look pretty great! Would love to try them out! I've never had Malaysian food before!
    @Genie23 : get your best dress on! We're getting Malaysian food for dinner! ♥

What Girls Said 15

• Yum yum! I cooked Char Kway Teow for dinner like 5 hours ago 😬👍🏽

• I still haven't tried any dish of those yet and they really look yummyyy 😋😔 BUT maybe someday I will visit and I will take this list with me lol 😂😄 nice take 😊😘

• Oh no... Could not eat any of that.

There are two things I really don't like. Eggs and seafood. Too much of either makes me vomit. I can only stand fish like cod, salmon, tuna. Prawns, mussels, etc I cannot do.

Sorry, but pass for me!

• Popiah and Ais Kacang (aka ABC - Ais Batu Campur) is so niceee! i prefer just the ice tho with no filling hahahhaha

@MarkyyG123 you're gunna try all these >:D

• Oh god, thats the ice thing we were tlaking about last night weren't we hahahaha :") You went through at least 3 different emotions about it and now I'm just scared to eat it hahaha :") <3

• Haha alright, we'll try all :") I know this malysian place in the city too :") I know the chefs at evey eating joint hahaha :") So we're all good :D

And that ice thing, well, not if I beat you to the ice hahahaha, you can have the filings >:D bahaha
      Narh, alright you can have the ice (brain freeze :") ) and I'll take the fillings

• Ahah Ikr! The ice is just better eaten alone 🙈🙉🙊

• I drooled hahaha. I always grew up with food and gourmet meals, my dad being in the food business. And I was never afraid to try anything new and I'm still not! This has helped me so much bc I get to try the most DELISH food😍! Asian food is a fav but I feel like Americans only scratch the surface and stick with Chinese food. But there's vast world with SO many flavors! Thai food is also great like Malaysian food. so much flavor!!😍😍 thanks so much for this take I'm gonna try to get my hands on some of these ☺️

• Ahaha thank you! ♥ Be prepared for more of these takes! :p I'm a total foodie and I love food very much ahaha xD

• And omg yes thai food is like ze best! I love their tom yam 😱😍

• Never tried butI totally will when i get the chance! HAHAHA i'm a very dedicated foodie too I can't go an hour without eating lmao :P

• You've made my hungry...

• I'm sorry :(

Tbh I'm hungry too just by looking at all those pics..

• Not sure if I'd eat corn in flavored ice but okay 😗

• The ice are actually poured with brown sugar (better known as gula melaka in Malaysia), syrup and canned corn's juice. :)

• a lot of these remind me of filipino food - except prettier and maybe tastier, lol

• The only filipino food which I've eaten were the ones which was cooked by my friend's mum, it was delicious! Hoping to try more soon

• Thank you for sharing it. Yummy...

• Nice myTake! That Popiah stuff looks really good 😅

• Those look amazing!!

• Nice take. Would eat all of these dishes.

• http://i57.tinypic.com/30seg5d.jpg

I would LOVE to visit Malayasia one day! Can't wait to try all the dishes especially Char Kway Teow <3

• I love eating Asam Laksa 😍😍 especially the one in Penang! It's so delicious

• OMG ikr! The Penang Asam Laksa is soo yummy 😋😋

• OMG these looks real delicious 😱