Why I Miss Winter

Why I Miss Winter

Summer is ending very soon. The bugs will not stop attacking me, and lemonade has lost it's flavor. Sure summer is great, but I've grown to love the snowy time of the year much more than the hot, sticky days of summer. I can't believe I'm saying this...but I miss winter! Here is why.

1. Snuggling up in warm blankets.

Especially on a cold snowy day. Ah, that feeling of satisfaction you get when even your feet are under the covers. So perfect.

2. Hot chocolate tastes much better.

Let's face it, who wants hot chocolate in the summer? I sure don't. It's like hot chocolate was made specifically for a cold winter's day. It warms you up with every sip.

3. Snow days.

This is more of a kid things, but sometimes working adults have an excuse to tell their jobs. Sometimes it snows so much that activities, work, and school get canceled. Sometimes, it's not always a bad thing. You get to stay in and snuggle up in a pile of blankets. We all win sometimes.

4. You have an excuse to stay inside.

Well, it snowed so much that I can't even get outside. I'm going back to bed.

5. Snow can be beautiful...

Look at how beautiful it is, especially how the sunlight reflects off the snow. It's calming. I've always found snow to be beautiful.

6. And I like watching it fall.

It's calming to me. I'm not sure why.

7. Christmas is in the winter!

Okay, who doesn't love Christmas? It's literally the best time of the year. Food, presents, and family time? It's great. (Except for the parents who are broke by the time it's over.)

8. More clothes to wear.

I love wearing sweaters, boots, and fashionalble coats. They make me feel all warm and fuzzy, and I love that feeling. I just love bundling up in clothes, I'm not sure why. I guess I have more to work with and to match up.

9. Winter break.

Winter. Break. Two glorious weeks of absolutely nothing. If you're lucky, you may get some days off of your job too.

10. It brings back good memories.

For me at least. Despite the bad blizzards we get and the 10 feet of snow, winter is alright.

See? Winter isn't so bad after all. In many ways, it can be a lot more satisfying than the dog-days of the summer months. So, goodbye, summer. You were much better this year. It's time for fall and winter to take your place.

RainbowFanGirl is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 15

• I love Winter, because it is my birth season, Christmas, and everything looks like a scene from Frozen!

• Well it might be cold but it sure is beautiful when you stay inside
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN7LW0Y00kE

• I first experienced a real winter back in 2013 and damn it was awesome. Yes, Chicago winter is tough, and it was tough for a guy whose winters were 60 degrees cold, but it was totally worth it. I love the snow and the cold weather, it's just awesome.
    Summer is my favorite season though, but winter is amazing too.

• Winter is the Breast time of year! All other season are a meh to me:)

• In the region I live, we have temperature ~ 0°C but no snow ;_;

You're lucky.

• Yes where i live the humidity is so bad , you gotta have A/C on all the time
    than Summer time the stupid electric company raises rates than we are
    forced to pay more for electric , But i agree can't wait to Winter this was
    the worst Summer for bad heat , humidity in many places.
    Thank You for Sharing this with us very well done :D :) XD

• Fall is my favorite season and I can't wait for it to get here! The crisp chilly air around you where it's cold enough to wear a hoody, but warm enough that you're not freezing. Winter is my second favorite season for a lot of the reasons you gave. I can't stand summer and I want it to be over with already. Spring is nice.. temps are usually around the same as fall, but going from winter to spring the 40-50 degree weather is warm, whereas, going from summer to fall the 40-50 degree weather has a nice chill to it.

• I love winter. It's beautiful, it has some of the only temperatures I can tolerate, and for once the world outside reflects that inside - cold and dead.

• I love cool winter too but I really want to see snowing, and those scenery are amazing, I will definitely come to Europe to see snowfall and beautiful winter once before I die.

• Great take I LOVE THE WINTER ❤

• Good take. I'll add to that I'm the crazy guy who is shoveling with a big smile on my face cause I like it lol

• I love winter, it's the best thing ever, people don't understand that I wish the whole year was ONLY winter, screw summer, spring and fall, maybe a few weeks of each, but I just love sitting behind a giant window watching the snow fall down while sunset, and drinking hot chocolate, best thing ever, literally 😊

• Come here in Canada, you'll have more winter than summer

• I live in Southern California. We have basically two seasons: summer and not summer.

• I actually love winter, it's my favorite season.

Nice pictures you have chosen. xD

• Thanks. :) My birthday is like two weeks away from Christmas so I tend to get a lot of presents. XD

And it's mine too. :)

What Girls Said 13

• My favourite time of the year 😍😍😍😍😍😍

• The only thing I like about winter is fashion. I always get winter blues, so I'm not a big fan of winter :P Plus, it's nearly impossible to will yourself out of bed when it's warm and cozy but you have to go to school.

• I am Canadian and I can confirm that snow is EVIL.

• I love Christmas i like winter

• There is this block near where I live, and when it snows it makes it look like this fairy gate, lol.. I don't know how to describe it but it looks so awestruck.

I see people stopping to take pics near that block.
    It looks wonderful.

Anyway, I like winter outfits.

• Wow I would love to see that. I love fairies, haha. And I love winter outfits too. :) glad you liked lol

• I love you for this:) In Winter, there's really nothing to be allergic to, I get to wear all of my cool pokemon and other cute animal hats. Bugs are scarce and it's a cozy time all around. It's a good time to read books.

• Great Take!
    I love winter! I do love snow, it's relaxing and very beautiful to me. But unfortunately where I live now, there isn't much of it. If I'm lucky, I might see this

http://i.imgur.com/8PGsxao.jpg

I also love winter fashion. :)

• Don't forget the lack of bugs. I hate spiders, and there is a noticeable lack of spiders in winter.

• Really lovely Take. I love winter <3

• I enjoy winter..

They beauty of softly falling snow..
    The majestic aftermath of an ice storm..

• I love winter too!! It's taking so long to come.

• I usually don't like Winter but I'm missing it. I'm getting tired of Summer :/

• I'm one of those people who drinks hot cocoa no matter what the season. xD