My Favorite Things To Do When I'm Alone

Being an introvert these are my favorite ways to recharge. If I don't get my solitude I become irritable, my patience is very short, I might stutter when I talk (because I will feel like I am sort of breath) and I will feel like I am suffocating. My absolute favorite way to recharge is to look at the stars but that only works in the summer. In the winter, I prefer to look at the snow.

Going to museums and art galleries

Stargazing

Being alone with my thoughts

Reading or writing

Going to the movies alone

Listening to music

Working out alone, at home

Going for a run or a walk

Taking a drive alone

Shopping alone

Looking at nature

Building a blanket fort and using it to get away from the world

Going to the library or a bookstore

Drinking tea or coffee while zoning out

Going to the theatre

I love this book. About to read it for the third time.

ginny_weasley is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 12

• Experiencing culture can be great when you're by yourself, but I do prefer seeing plays and going to museums and the like with another person, because so much of it inspires discussion. :)

• Amazing ideas!!! Awesome mytake

• Great list.
    I love the blanket fort idea. I haven't done that in years but I've seriously thought about it.

• Sometimes I also like to be alone...
    It feels like entering to a different world

• I do most of them lately i orefer my own company i have a hard time finding people who share my way of thinking

• So many of those would be on my list as well - Alone with my thoughts, music, reading/writing, bookstore, exercising, nature, chilling with a paper and a coffee.

• good idea ...

• Lmao she doesn't include the obvious thing

• You forgot one... masturbating... go ahead... tell I'm lying... :v
    Lol good MyTake as usual.

• I am mostly alone and I have learned to find fun things to do such as play on my computer or look at cars. I might try some of these ideas

• I admit half of these are out in public. But I have gotten comfortable with being alone in public spaces.

• Great MyTake! Advocating solitude. The only person that can truly make a person happy is themselves. So why not do cool things with yourself from time to time.

• Cannot believe most of the things you mentioned can only be done outside of the house, yet you're introvert.

Personally, if I go out, I don't prefer to be alone. And I'm an extreme introvert.

• I go out all the time. About half the time I am alone. I used to talk a friend into going with me, but then I started embracing doing more things alone. It's on my bucket list to travel somewhere solo. I am thinking Norway. I am like an outgoing introvert but I am leaning towards the introvert side.

• It depends where you go. Some countries are not kind to solo women travelers. I think traveling alone is the ultimate way to put yourself first. It took me a long time to realize it's okay to be a little selfish. I can go to the restaurant I want to go to, go to festivals I want to go to, I can do what I want for the entire trip. No need to make compromises.

• Ahh I see. Thanks :)

What Girls Said 10

• excellent take!
    i sometimes like to do things alone too ^_^

• I came here to see if masturbation was on the list, but was not disappointed with your list

• I prefer to be with people but only if I'm able to really connect with them. Otherwise I'm just sort of out alone in a crowd. I'm very extroverted but I often am alone in public which is weird - I interact with people all day but when it comes to spending my leisure time... I want to spend it with people but often end up just doing my own thing. It's kind of depressing.

• My favourite things to do :)
    I love that MyTake!

• The only things I like doing alone is listen to music without headphone. The other things I prefer to be with people

• Definitely agree, these are some fun activities. :) Aww I miss those days of making blanket forts, im going to have to make one, one of these days! Great mytake. :)

• I always find being outside in nature is best when your alone, it's so calming and it's a really good time to get your thoughts together.

• Cool mytake, I do most of these things occasionally :)

• that all looks fun

• Uh, ok?