Katy Perry Roars & Soars At 2015 Super Bowl XLIX Halftime Show

Katy Perry Roars & Soars At 2015 Super Bowl XLIX Halftime ShowPhoto Source: freep.com

Pop singer, Katy Perry literally brought fireworks to the Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show! She entered on a golden tiger with her hit song "Roar" and exited on a firework, that looked more like a shooting star as she performed "Firework."

During her performance, she sang "Dark Horse" with a 3-D chessboard and "I Kissed A Girl" with help from Lenny Kravitz. She then brought us into a bright world of clouds, sharks, beach balls and more with her hits "Teenage Dream" and "California Gurls."

Katy Perry did a number on us when she surprised us with special guest, Missy Elliot who performed her chart topping songs, "Work It" and "Lose Control."

During the halftime show, besides gawking at the amazing production I kept asking myself how Katy changed so fast?!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 21

• That Left Shark tho...

• It was an excellent halftime show... and I rarely ever watch the halftime show of the SuperBowl! :-P

• Interesting.

• very well...

• the only thing that i wasn't expecting was her weird live voice but nevertheless she was as boring as i thought she would be

• There's more story about the shark, than Katy herself.. oh yeah, there was a game going on too... one where Pete Carroll could have made the worst mistake of her life

• I don't watch pop singers who lip synch. I have far more respect for opera singers who can actually SING without auto-tune.

• Those sharks stole the halftime show.

• Wonder if some poor sap'll put "dancing superbowl shark" on their resume now...

At least we know now what happened to Frodo's mythril vest. 😋

• HOORAY FOR POP MUZIK

• Ya it was A pretty nice show I liked the last song the best !!!

• Would have loled if Snoop Dogg came out from no where

• I could do without the extended halftime show. Especially in a good game like that.

• It was terrible.

• Should have been all Katy only thing worse than lip synching to a back track pre loaded was Lenny Kravitz lip synching and then stupidly playing his fender electric without it being plugged in.
    Missy Elliott what the hell was that? That time with her was terrible

• It was actually one of the better half-time shows I've seen in recent superbowl history. I just remember most of them being garbage. I'm not too big on Katy Perry, but I think she did pretty well. Heck, I've seen really good bands like Tom Petty, Rolling Stones, and U2 embarrass themselves during their half-time performances.

• Not a Perry fan but the shown was genuine. Just take practice to change clothes that fast, considering she practice 40 plus times.

• I do not care for this progressive piece of trash.

• The chess thing was cool, but the rest of it was mediocre in my opinion. Lenny Kravitz got like two seconds in the spotlight, which was ridiculous. At least the Pats won. That was one HELL of a game.

• I love Katy Perry! And you're right about the outfit changes; how the fuck did she change so fast? I just wish the show had been Katy and only Katy.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 9

• sounds neat

• 0|0
  • Missy Elliot stole the show. I'd rather watch her perform Get Your Freak On and Lose Control than Katy's performance.

• Katy Perry is such a blah performer... I was more entertained by the dancing Dolphins and surf boards.

• Only part of the Superbowl I watched.

• Just going to put this out there, P! nk took to "flying" way before Katy did during her performances, and she did so much more impressively. Katy's floating on a star was pretty basic compared to what P! nk does.
    I am impressed with the fact that Katy kept the promiscuity to a minimum during the show though. Her dancing and outfits were fairly modest compared to, well, what has become the norm for female pop singers.

• Between all the not-so-subtle satanic proselytizing implied in her songs and the obnoxious pro-sodomy proselytizing that was also not-so-subtle, she didn't need to dress like a prostitute.

Her message was basically "go gay, and worship Satan," not "I'm dressed like a whore, please love me." The latter message would be more typical of Miley Cyrus.

• Her lyrics were not family friendly no matter how you cut it, that's true. But I don't get "go gay and worship Satan" from them. As much as I HATE the song "I kissed a girl", its not telling people to go gay. It does have a slew of other problems with it though. @ObscuredBeyond

• Katy was straight garbage. Missy stole the show and I don't care for either of them.

• I watched that part of the super bowl yesterday that was cool to see the affects and 3d chess pieces

• I was wondering too! I'm sure they have tricks just for these things though and a whole team too!