5 benefits of being Single!

1. No guilt flirting

You can flirt with anyone you want without feeling guilty! Just make sure the other person is single as well!

5 benefits of being Single!

2. You can't be cheated on

3. Personal Growth

You have more time to focus on youself and the things you like to do.

4. You are the supreme master of the refrigerator

Yes! and I love this one. I don't have to worry about anyone eating my food!

5. You can do what you want, when you want

Enjoy your freedom while you can! Go out, have fun! Be spontaneous!

cl_517 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 33

• 3|0
  • "Ugh, I hate being single. I'm going to write a BS take and try to convince myself that I'm happier being single even though deep down I know I'm not."

• I love being single but it's also pretty amazing to be in a loving and working relationship. That said I don't agree with this post because it only highlights the negative sides of a relationship.
    1. Why would you want to flirt when you are in a relationship?
    2. Why would be cheating an issue when you are in a happy relationship?
    3. Why would a loving relationship prevent you from doing what you like?
    4. Do you think your relationship is a good one when you get offended for sharing food? You should be happy about it instead.
    5. Why do you think that just because you are in a relationship you are limited to do things you like?

This list shows why so many people are single, it's because of pure selfishness and lack of commitment.

• I'm all for cuddling, but I love having my own bed... you know what I mean if you have ever had to share a single or double long term...

• There are definitely pros to being single... it would be interesting time hear about the cons of being single in a follow up Take!

:-P

• hahha no, no more takes for me! ahh Thanks for reading :)

• Being single is awesome till you meet someone who you can do all this with (minus cheating) and then you make a take on how "Benefits on being in a relationship".

But anyyyywaayyy

• hhahah that's funny! but anyywaaayyyy I don't plan to be in a relationship anytime soon lol

• No one plans on when they're in a relationship, it seems to just happen.

• Single losers club!! Let's tell each other stories how miserable people are , that are in relationships.
    You can't be happy when you're single. Unless you are on drugs or addicted to sex with strangers, or addicted to pleasing yourself sexually while watching p*rn . Irrelevant what you are exchanging the desire of being in a relationship. You aren't healthy.

• If you need someone else to be happy, the relationship won't last very long.

• Not theneed of having them desperately, but the need of having a partner in life.

• Right. Only you know what healthy is for everybody.

• Well being single does get old and I've always been single but not by choice

• I'm focusing on number 3 for most of my life now.

• Very well said i liked this one thanks for sharing :-)

• This is great!

• hahhahaha!! Although there are many more benefits of staying single. But it's a very nice and simple Take. And thank you for reminding me all that. :D

• Being single sucks. Those craps are the way how people console themselves.

• I agree with all of the 5 :)

• yay! ahah I was scared, this is my first take ahha

• Lol I haven't written any take yet, but now you encourage to do :)

• #5 is #1 in my book.

You can fuck who you want and when you want!

Can't think of a better reason to be single.

• Ohh! There are a lot more than just 5

• lol love the fridge

• *only applies if you have been in a relationship at some point...

Otherwise, it fucking sucks just NOT KNOWING what it's like to have a girlfriend. Curiosity is killing me.

• Im elsa... ICE KWEEN BITCH

• More from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 24

• I'll never understand why people on here make relationships sound like a horrid torturous occurrence, in ones life. Instead of, a good joyous addition to their life. I understand relationships are hard work and it's never going to be easy, but three of these things makes it sound like your entire life is over if you enter into a relationship and that's just not true.

Here's what I disagree with

"3. Personal Growth

You have more time to focus on youself and the things you like to do"

I don't understand why being in a relationship would stop you from growing as a person and focusing on yourself or the things you like to do? There's no contract preventing you from doing that, so if one chooses to forego taking time for themselves or the things they like to do. That's on them, that's not because of the relationship. If you don't want to be consumed by a relationship and don't want to lose yourself in the process, then don't let it happen.

"4. You are the supreme master of the refrigerator

Yes! and I love this one. I don't have to worry about anyone eating my food!"

What's the difference if the person you're dating eats your food or if your family or friends come over and eat your food? It's food, it's suppose to be eaten and if you don't want them to don't ever invite them over. Problem solved.

"5. You can do what you want, when you want
    Enjoy your freedom while you can! Go out, have fun! Be spontaneous!"

Again, much like number 3. There's no contract preventing someone from doing what they want , when they want, so if one chooses not to go out and have fun or be spontaneous. That's on them. The only time you can't to that, is when you know you have plans to go out with the person you're dating. However, the rest of the time your free to live your life however you see fit. Being in a relationship, isn't stopping that person from doing what they want or having fun. They're stopping themselves.

• Totally agree.

• Maybe she is talking more about benefits of being single and living alone vs married/committed. Face it, once you are in a permanent committed relationship, there are things you just can't get out of: family dinners, holidays with the in-laws, backyard BBQs, weddings, anniversaries. You can't just quit the job you hate because others are relying on you. And once children come, everything changes. You're locked in to a very rigid, structured, and "safe" domestic existence, working 9-to-5 to pay the bills at least until your kids graduate college. Some people don't like having their whole lives pre-arranged and predetermined like that, with no time for themselves.

Most see being in relationships as superior to being alone. Does it bother you that some are actually happy being single?

• @Lightspeed-Lemon No, why would it? I just don't see things the way most people do.

• I love that biological picture you used for the first one. :')
    Anyway, I never flirted in relationships and I'm still unsure of how to do it tbh. I could still do whatever I wanted in a relationship, so being single just kinda sucks, but I'm getting used to it.

• yep, being single is pretty awesome :-)
    But having someone great on your side is pretty awesome too, and if it is the right person it will only eliminate Nr.1 and Nr.2. but you will still be able to do all the rest.

• I agree with all of these except number 1 (partially). If the other person takes you seriously, they might feel like you're leading them on. And then I'd feel very much guilty. This only works if the both of you are on the same page and you know not to expect anything.

• Ok. I think that I agree with all of these except for "freedom". Because I feel that when ur in a relationship with somebody u should not even think about "oh well, I lost my freedom now". Yes mhm u cannot be flirting around if ur person dislikes that, and there are compromises to be made, and being happy to make them for the person that u love and care about. But thinking that way about freedom, it feels as if u become trapped in a cage when ur in a relationship, and it is not about that.

Maybe it is just me. lol. (:

• I think you can personally grow with a partner. I mean, if you're alone with your own views, you can stagnate while having a partner can help you recognize things you might not have had before (friends can do that as well, but..)

• Couldn't be more accurate!
    singles get to spend more time with cool friends too! And they are not obligated to share their plans with anyone

• yessss, we have to enjoy our freedom!! :)

• relatively less, @fun-weird-guy
      why would you tag the take owner?

• I tagged the take owner because I was direct in my comment to them based because a comment the may ed to your opinion

• The only ones I don't agree on are #3 and #5. I'm in a relationship and me and him both want each other to have personal growth. You don't have to do only what the other person wants. It's good for you both to do what you want to do when ever. Even if it doesn't involve them it's healthy for a relationship if both people don't feel like they are being chained down where you can't do something u want to do. Like I will tell my bf that I don't want to talk to him at the moment since I want to workout and he's a big distraction, lol. He will also tell me he wants to go and play league of legends with his college friends. I tell him to have fun and kick ass. :)

• I always was like "WHY! WHY AM I SINGLE?" and then i got a girlfriend (im bi) and now sometimes i hide from her :P :3 But i also think thats cause she's my first girlfriend. GIRLfriend. so... i kinda wish she is a boy sometimes but... at the same time boys are idiots (not all ;) and since she's a girl we can talk about girl stuff! NO NOT THAT? I mean how cute boy bands are or who we secretly like in the class and stuff like that (just cuz ur dating someone doesn't mean you can't also like some, right?)

• If you're talking with your gf about other people you like then you two clearly aren't very serious about each other.

• Okay we're friends :) and I followed you back ^_^

• YEY THANXXXX im sorry if i caused ya troublesssss HEHEHE fwiend

• - love the amoeba pic!
    - #4 doesn't apply if you have roommates. Things still magically disappear from your fridge!
    - #5: you can't just still do whatever you want if you have no friends to do them with. It can get quite lonely...

• hahah thanks for reading! well i have an exception to #4 ahah my roommate is almost never in our apartment and i'm the one that cooks so we both know the kitchen and everything in it is mine haha

• I think it's a paramecium cause it has cilia! Amoeba use pseudopods! Just saying

• lol this is great but im just a really loving person. i love to love people and when i dont i feel upset

• nice take!

• Sounds pretty good! :)

• Awwww yeahh , #FREEDOM

• Love being single it's amazing don't have to worry about boys well a boy getting jealous over my one direction blanket.

• Nice take! I agree with all 5...
    1 & 5 is the reason why I love being single.. lol :-)

• yup i agree especially on #1 and i like it

• Hell yes!!! Number 5 is what I live by.

• Lol I was so gonna say more food too.

More food is always a perk.

Not having to share food is always a perk.

Since my boyfriend is picky it makes life so much better.

• Sooooooo true. I love being single. #5 was my favorite haha.

• More from Girls
    4