Why It Is Okay to be Gay

Why It Is Okay to be Gay.

I know there a lot of things being said about this issue. And that it's an issue that's been around for a while. But it's going to stay for a lot longer if nothing is done and minds aren't changed.

First off, I'm gay. I grew up not even knowing what gay was other than happy. I grew up knowing that some girls like girls and that some boys like boys, but I never thought much of it. It was just a thing that was only in books and movies.

When I came out, which was actually not very well, I told my mum and then thanks to one facebook status and thousands of cousins, my dad asked me if I was a dyke. Cause I knew what a dyke was at that point apparantly.

My dad told me to go back to straight because it's 'easier'. I'll have more 'friends'. Well if they weren't okay with me being who I am then what kind of friends would they be in the first place? Seriously.

But anyway. I used to attend a catholic college. Every time we had sport, I would find myself distracted by my female classmates legs, then catch myself staring and look away, wondering what was wrong with me. I forced myself to check out the guys but saw no point. They weren't as hot as my friends always said they were. I mean a hot guy is someone who gets your motor running right? Well, none of them did. It was the girls who did the trick, even if I didn't realise it.

But that's the thing. I never knew what gay was, so how could I choose to be gay? You can't choose an option you never knew existed.

I told my friends one time that I thought I might be gay, they accepted it for the most part, but one decided to beleive I was joking, no matter how many times I said, I'm serious.

I don't think she wanted to accept that, and that's okay. I don't mind that she doesn't want to believe that I am actually gay. She still talks to me, still likes me as a friend, so why should I care if she won't accept that one part of me?

I don't.

What I do care about, is when people go further than simply not accepting that their friend or anyone might be gay. When they go as far as to disclude that person, or bully them for something they can't help.

I know some people say you shouldn't, but I'm going to compare gays to people of another skin colour.

Let's say straight people are blue, okay? And gays are red. For the sake of consistency and because there is an extra layer of discrimination about them, let's say bi people are green.

If a blue person saw another blue person, they'd wave and say hi, how are you. They like each other because they're the same. Doesn't matter that they couldn't help being the same, they just are and that makes them likeable.

If a red person saw another red person, they'd wave and say hi, how are you.They also like each other because they're the same.

If a green person saw another green person. Same thing.

If a blue person saw a red person however... let's turn back time a little. What happened to the people born black while the whites were in power? Nothing good yeah?

Black people can't help being black and white people can't help being white. Well the red people can't help being red either.

So blue people don't like red or green people. Red people don't like green people but have to live with the blue people as they're the majority. You gotta feel sorry for the green people. Being discriminated against by the blues who know nothing, and the red who should know what they're going through.

I'm not sure if I'm making my point. Think of a dog and a cat. Why do they hate each other? They were both born the way they were and have done nothing to deserve each others hate. So why do they hate each other? Sure some get along well enough, but others will automatically hate.

Hmm... okay I fail at the whole 'don't hate becuase if you do it's like hating dot dot dot.'

So I'm going to just shorten it down to, why are people hated simply for the way they are? They can't change it. We don't choose it.

Alright. So why is it okay to be gay?

Well firstly because you didn't choose to be gay. If you did then that's fine too. Don't know why you would but hey, each to their own. Just so long as you're not just experimenting under the pretense of being legit gay. Don't go breaking hearts okay?

Everyone needs to be themselves, and calm the fuck down. I'm gay you're gay. You're straight, well... I'm still gay. And whether you like it or not, that's how I will stay.

I have nothing else to say, so enjoy these memes:

And last one:

Let the comments commence!

3946
BaileyisDarcy is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Down-vote me if you like but I honestly don't like homosexuality and it's not something I can support, that being said I dislike the practice not the people who practice it unless they give me reason to, I've met some gay people and they were pretty nice and interesting people. I do however respect them in same manner two enemy combatants respect one another or their enemies dedication to their cause or side.

( obviously I don't see them as an enemy though just people staying true to what they believe in and you can't hate someone for that )

• @lcarus
      A comment thats over a year old and he already explained that he knows for some it is achoice and for others it isn't. So just stop.

• Doesn't matter how old it is. There's still a box for me to comment on and this post in itself still exists for others to see from the search bar and to comment on.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok... I'm a Christian. Been one my whole life. Waited until marriage to have sex of any kind, believe marriage is only between a man and woman. Don't smoke, do drugs, abuse alcohol. In today's world, in considered a conservative Christian. BUT, why some religions believe that being gay is a sin greater than others, is something I can't comprehend. The bible says to love all people, in fact it's a command. Hating the practice of homosexuality is ok, but spewing hate on the individual themselves? How can you claim to be a Christian when everything your actions towards gays are anything but loving? Also, the bible says that sex before marriage, spiritism, adultery, idol worship (like praying to the CROSS), is just as bad if not worse than homosexuality. Yet how many religions and religious leaders and followers practice these things? What about all the priests who are child molesters? What we play hush-hush when it's a priest but have to open our mouths when it's a openly gay man or lesbian? I'm sorry, but that is disgustingly hypocritical. If people REALLY knew their bible, the would know the bible advocates a loving spirit, not a self-righteous, intolerant one. Smh.

• Marry meh baby! Dx

• what church do you go to that you specifically pray to the cross? or are you praying to jesus?
      and its pretty obvious you're not christian or you haven't read the book
      cause the bible isn't some lovey dovey book. cause the bible is full of hardships and punishments to those who in act crimes. remember moses? he had to kill of his people by walking in the desert for 40 years so the new generation would not hate the Egyptians because the older generations hearts were too hard.
      i really hate it when people claiming to be christian say this bullshit.

• The only reply I will make to your comment is that I have read the Bible cover to cover more than once, that is NOT why the Israelites wandered for 40 years under Moses leadership, the Old Testament (Hebrew scriptures-Genisis to Mathew) contains harsher punishment than the New Testament (Greek scriptures-Mathew to Revelation) for numerous reasons but mainly because Jesus sacrifice had not yet taken place and the Israelites were still under the Mosaic Law, it's impossible to list every reason for a valid argument on an Internet thread without both parties having a bible in front of them and a formal bible education, and 1 John 4:8 " Whoever does not love has not come to know God because God is love"

That's all I will say with regards to your comment @therussianconcussion because I don't want to argue nor do I want to insult anyone on this thread. Thank you.

Sponsored

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 45

• I'm getting down voted most probably but heck, I don't care.

I don't like homosexuality and I don't support its practice in the slightest. To me, it will always be weird as hell two guys/two girls having sex.

To those guys saying but lesbians are cool or that everyone likes lesbians you are wrong. Sure, I saw lesbian porn as many types of porn when I was in high school. But in this day, I count lesbians as gays the same. It will never seem right to me the idea of two girls using props for penetration and oral between girls just as men doing other men from behind and doing oral. I admit disgust to that thought.

Having said all of that, I don't hate gay people. I don't want them to die nor I mistreat gay people. But whatever they do in their privacy KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. We all most probably have sexual desires/practices that no one else wants to hear.

• ^upvote^ THANK YOU!

• lmao straight people telling gays to keep it to themselves when they're the ones always pushing heterosexuality down people's throats

• totally agreed. its obviously a mental degeneracy.
      all i see out of them is either "agree with us or you're a bigot who hates homos"
      some of them really believe that everyone should agree with them or they should be jailed.
      all i know is that they are mentally sick and just stay away from them and their supporters

• I am straight and Catholic, just so you know from what viewpoint this opinion is coming from. I dont have a problem with gay people at all, in fact I think that if two people care for each other then that isn't such a bad thing irregardless of their genders, there is plenty of hate in the world, love and kindness is much more needed and in shorter supply.

To those who don't agree with this, I will can only say that Im sorry you feel that way, but that is how you choose to see the world. At this point I would like to ask you to think about something seriously. Many people who oppose gays say stop trying to force us to accept people who are gay. I understand you don't like it, but if you think about it , is what your are trying to do any different?

Those who are gay are treated like lepers by many, are denied services, denied rights, some are put into camps and programs to try to force them to fit the mold their families and communities adhere to. If the shoe was on the other foot I believe you would want to be treated like a normal human being, and those who are gay aren't any different. Next time you are thinking of passing judgment try taking that into consideration.

• This is so great!

• @therussianconcussion
      LOL <3

• therussianconcussion, let me make one thing clear, I was raised Catholic and for the most part I can see where they are coming from on a lot of things, but I believe there to be a lot of contradictory bullshit in not just the Christian/Catholic religion but in most religions. Just because I believe in God doesn't mean I can't disagree or have empathy to try to understand where people are coming from.

• Well, here I am, a conservative Christian commenting on this take :D
    Sooo... Guess I better start off by saying that I would never treat a person differently based upon their sexuality. That being said (and you knew where this was going) I have problems with your take.
    I agree with you on at least one point; sexual feelings are EXTREMELY hard to resist. I have a serious problem myself with this, I find it hard to keep myself from certain things I should stay away from (porn, ok). It's hard. But it IS a choice whether to act on these feelings, and we can make the right choice.
    Also, it is kind of sucky to compare sexuality to race issues. Both groups have had similar discrimination issues, but it's different in one huge aspect. Wouldn't it have been great, if back in the days of institutionalized segregation, if other races could've hung up their slightly more pigmented skin in the closet and gone out in a different color? Moving on.
    God (and using my faith is the best thing I can use here, there's a whole thing about non mutual stimulation and some other stuff, but I wouldn't be good at debating that), doesn't punish people for making mistakes. God isn't going to let go to hell because you give into your feelings, any more than he will mine.
    People who use the bible to justify their prejudice are using God's name in vain (one of God's top ten no-nos; and being gay isn't by the way guys). I could delve into the theology I'm talking about when I say that the bible doesn't require punishment of homosexuality anymore, but that'd be boring. Just believe the Southern Baptist white dude when he says that homosexuality is bad according to the his faith, but homosexuals ain't bad people according to the same faith ;D (do people really want to argue this? You might convince me my faith tells me to kill the gays hahaha OK seriously you're not going to convince me of that).
    I'm not going to talk about the pics you have ha
    Well... It's been fun guys... Did I miss anything?

• good opinion. and, by the way, when you get older and find someone to share your "sexual" endeavors with, you will not use porn :) also, people sin... and God forgives us for sinning :) If you have issues with porn and it bothers you, you can also pray. I have issues myself with things like anger problems when driving and etc and I pray... it really does help.

• i love how these people argue that homosexuality isn't a choice.

• @therussianconcussion
      K I've lost count of the number of times I've said I honestly can't state that I think sexual attraction is a choice, what I'm saying is that you can choose whether to act of that attraction.
      @Buttercupbrownie
      Well yeah, if sin didn't condemn us or we didn't sin, we wouldn't need to believe in Jesus.

• ''Same sex marriage isn't gay privilege, it's equal rights. Privilege would be something like gay people not paying taxes. Like churches don't''

- Ricky Gervais

• Well at school, I'm transsexual and its complete bullshit. I get bullied for being a lesbian, as is, yet tried to get "told off" by homophobic idiots who say, "see, you aren't really gay" cause as a transsexual guy I get bs for saying I'm attracted to women. So to those who can't tell, I'm a straight kid. But the minute I talk and you hear the female pitch in voice, all hell breaks loose. I just learned to ignore these people and not even give them the time of day in terms of how annoying they are. I can't change idiots and they can't change me.

• Wel trans people are just men who want to be women. It's not very surprising really. But a shame there is so much bullying.

• *Gets up, shakes hand*

• I'll gladly shake your hand back so long as you actually shake it, not loosely grip it all weird.

• Alright, I do have a few thoughts on this, and I will endeavor to be civil about my views. I would appreciate a reciprocation of that.
    1. First of all, I am a straight Christian. I say that not to get in your face, but to let you know where my viewpoint comes from. Everything else I will say here is from a Christian viewpoint.
    2. That said, I do think that homosexuality is a "sin," as defined by the Bible. I do not think it is any better or worse than other sin. The crux of my issue with homosexuality is not "being gay," per se, but the action of gay/lesbian sex. IT IS NOT A SIN OR HATEWORTHY BY THE BIBLE TO BE GAY. I cannot stress that enough. Everyone has temptations. Kleptomaniacs have an urge to steal, for example. Gays/lesbians have an urge to have sex. The urge is not the problem. The subsequent action is. I do not hate gay people. Some Christians do. I do not. That is simply a fact. I have gay friends. Of course, that probably sounds trite and fake to you, but it is a fact.
    3. I realize that gays/lesbians will probably say, "But a kleptomaniac is not the same thing as me!" Why not? Both have a hardwritten personality/psyche/whatever trait that urges them to do something.
    4. I agree with the Bill Maher quote.
    5. The meme about masturbating to lesbian porn is just an ad hominem attack. If I say killing someone is bad, and then kill someone, does that make killing someone not bad

Conclusion: Alas, I am limited by space. I do have more to say, but not, I fear, in this post. I am more than happy to respond to any comments, but as I said, I would appreciate civility.

• Thankyou for being civil. The moment you mentioned 'christian' I had this insane urge to just scroll to avoid the biblical quotes and barely hidden slurs against me. Thankyou so much for proving me wrong.

I don't have anything I can say to refute the lessons you have learned form the bible, nothing I say has ever worked and I have not yet gained any new knowledge that would.

I do like the way though that you stated your belief without even hinting at an attack. Thankyou.

It's like the most refreshing way of being told that what I want to do is to commit a sin.

• Why do you seem like the only christian who gets that?

• I don't really know. I think a lot of Christians have this idea that if they say being gay is okay, they are also tacitly endorsing gay sex, which is certainly not the case.

• It's 2015, how the fuck can you discriminate and mistreat people? There's no excuse. I'm Christian, regardless of how you feel as far as it being a "sin", discriminating someone is wrong.

• you're not christian.
      seriously, no christian is going to believe you.
      the whole wolf in sheeps clothing thing doesn't work dude.

• Perhaps you should take a look at Romans 1:28-31 and cross reference with Romans 1:21

• I would prefer not to argue with someone who pretends to know the bible but knows nothing about its true meaning nor about why it was actually written. Though I admire your passion, I pity your convictions. Might I suggest some reading? The book of Mathew but specifically chapter 7. The entire 1st and 2nd Corinthians, specifically 1 Corinthians 13, book of Proverbs, Galations 5, Genisis-Deuteronomy. If you truly care about the Bible, it's meaning, and being a better person you will take my advice. You are the only one to use foul language my friend, clearly you are being hypocritical... also, I'm not going to respond anymore to your spam, you clearly do not have an accurate understanding of the scriptures and prefer to either use them for your argument, use them out of context, or focus on only one point while overlooking the rest. Besides I'm not going to throw my "pearls before swine" any more with regards to you. That's in the book of Mathew by the way :-)

• Christianity is a choice.

• ur right it is so is following ur feelings

• God's Not dead. He is risen :) He is Alive. How can you have so much hate for a person who loves you, who gave his only son for you. You don't have to be afraid. Jesus welcomes you with open arms :) God is love and he loves you so much. :)

• While your right , but all decisions we make is a choice, who we have sex with what job we take. This doesn't make sense at all

• A lot of parents even say they knew their children were gay when they were very young, like age 5. I'm pretty sure most 5 year olds don't understand the concept of being gay so I doubt they chose to be it. Plus other species can be gay too.
    I think people who are against it are just ignorant, they just spew out all of these "facts" about how gay isn't right, when they don't even know anyone who is gay.

• Tell me, exactly, how other organisms can be gay. Because the main purpose of ANY organism (including humans) is to create more of themselves.

• @ThatBlackMan My friends dogs are actually gay too lol! They always hump each other, and the lipstick thing happens and everything

• @Nicole9356 I didn't even know that about sea horses. That's really interesting :o

• "... because you didn't choose to be gay..."

That's only partly true in my opinion.

I contend that indeed a minority of people is born (or grew up) what I'd call "obsessively gay". A tunnel vision on the own gender. Why? I don't know. Nothing wrong with them.

I also contend that a number of people is born (or grew up) what I'd call "obsessively straight". A tunnel vision on the other gender. WHY? I don't know. Nothing wrong with them.

I also contend that a number of people is born bisexual. WHY? I don't know. And they could and did chose to be gay for some reason. A tunnel vision on the own gender. Nothing wrong with them.

I also contend that a number of people is born bisexual and they could and did chose to be straight, with a bisexual fling at moments. Nobody really likes them. Nothing wrong with them but they're tempted to cheat, just like straights and gays. Or they suppressed their bisexual flings.

I takes all kinds of people to fill a world.
    I probably met hundreds of gays without ever knowing or guessing their sexual preference. (I had to decline a few times sexual propositions by gay people, indeed. It didn't hurt anyone. )

• I think good on you for coming out and admitting your lesbian. There is nothing wrong with any man being gay or any woman being lesbian. Gay and Lesbian marriage is also legal in New Zealand and as a result of this we have a lot of gay and lesbian Australian residents making the trip to New Zealand to get married.

• There's nothing wrong with being gay but peoples perceptions of it have remained the same. Legally gays are getting more rights but just like with racism people still have the same hatred in their hearts for them unfortunately. I see guys who talk about advocating for gay rights but then behind the scenes they are really homophobic. It's just cool to like gay people right now but that doesn't mean anyone is any more tolerant than they were 20 years ago. Changing laws is one thing. Changing the hatred in peoples hearts is a different thing.

Just to be clear I'm not saying it's ok for people to keep their bigotry I'm just saying it's gonna take a lot more than what is being done to actually change peoples minds.

• I still think biologically it is a mistake, a mutation or something that has no value to the species as a whole. I don't have anything personally against gay people, I really don't care who you want to have sex with. What I do have a problem with is when they attack people who don't accept them. Either for religious, personal or whatever reason they just don't like it, and that is fine to. there is no reason for hostility on either side, If we could live and let live then the world would be a much better place

• Personally, the only people I attack who are against it, are the people who decide that verbally abusing me about the fact that I'm 'disgusting' is a good idea. Or if they're calling each other 'fucking homos' as an insult. That one had me swearing.

• You attended a Catholic College are your parents very religious? I know that can make it tough on gay children in religious homes.

• I was never baptized and I have confused Jesus with Simpson and his donkey numerous times so... no. My parents aren't very religious at all. I think there is a total of one bible at my dads place, and that is only because in yr seven we got these mini bibles, and I went and lost mine within a week.

I do understand what you're saying though, and yeah, it does make it very tough. One of my friends is trans, and he has been on the outs with his parents since he came out as a guy, because, and I quote: 'God gave my mum a girl, so she thinks I can't be a boy because God gave her a girl.'

It's not the same thing, but there is just as much stigma.

• Actually my area at the moment is pretty accepting. It's my old town that was conservative. (to the point where my little brother walked up to a guy and asked him why he was black)

His parents are just dicks. It's been going on for the least eight or nine months. He's been out for at least a year to all his friends.

Thankyou heaps for the well wishes though.

• Of course, and it is definitely ok to be gay. It means you are human, that's all :)

• I 100% support gay marriage and gay rights. You can't choose to be gay any more than you can choose to be straight. Sure, one could experiment with the same sex but if they don't get aroused by it then they're not aroused by it then they're not gay, lesbian or bi.

It's the same way with what people you're attracted to regardless if you're straight, gay, lesbian, bi. Just like straight people, gays have standards as well. They're not attracted to every guy just because they're gay, same with straight guys liking every woman because they're straight.

Mostly though, why is gay marriage or rights still an issue in 2015? This should have been taken care of a long time ago.

• I guess the people down voting me are homophobes.

• Why do people like to compare gays to having sex with animals

What the hell is the connection?

• Agreed. I get really pissed off when people compare homosexuals to pedophiles and beastiality as if gays are less of people than straights.

• I like piΓ±a coladas, so I think I'm like 2% gay.

• Fuck haters.

• AND HERE I AM YET AGAIN AS NOW THE NEW MINORITY.

ON A POST WHERE PEOPLE ARE BRAGGING ABOUT BEING GAY...

THIS WILL NEVER STOP.

• Seeing as there are considerably more men than women in the world , especially in the younger age groups , then for the straight guys , more gay men = less competition for the girls.

• This is a first. I have always heard that there were about 3 women to every man in this world. Why? Because male sperm doesn't last very long. Female sperm can last 2-3 times longer. In order for a woman to have increased odds of having a boy, the couple would have to have sex within so many hours of her egg releasing.

• @crystalt70 actually it's pretty much 50/50, slightly more women but not loads more. And that had a lot to do with life expectancy, I've never heard of that thing about sperm, but I'm not sure how true it is

• @crystalt70 I have one child of each gender ( & a single dad ) , but look at any kids class composition , always more boys , around 10 -20 % more on average , in my daughters class 2/3 boy - 1/3 girl. You only have an excess of women in old age , as men have shorter lives. Places like China , India & most Middle Eastern countries , are very male heavy , due to their killing & aborting girls... which disgusts me to my core !! I wanted a girl & was very lucky !!

• I didn't read, because being gay is obviously fine (and natural) butt... I LOVE THE MEMES!

• More from Guys
    25

What Girls Said 38

• Liking someone of the same gender is 100% not a choice.

It's an urge the body can't resist.

Also, love should be celebrated not vilified.

• Great take. Sexuality should be taught in schools so there are less problems and more acceptance and understanding.

Maybe one day.

• Sexuality should be taught in schools

When

How are you going to teach a child that a sexuality is okay without teaching the difference between the different sexualities

How are you going to teach a child what sexuality IS

Sure, you can say stuff like, "it's ok for boys to like boys and girls to like girls" but why even get into that unless there's a problem?

• fuck you.
      seriously fuck you
      how about we start teaching the bible to school? or the torah, or the quran.
      that is the most ignorant thing i heard not everyone agrees with you, and they dont have to.
      trying to brainwash them won't push your cause.

• @therussianconcussion u mad or nah?

The name suits you, kid. :)

• A++++++ And I just realized that although I'm straight, my avatar is essentially an equal rights advocacy banner :D I hope my state will eventually open it's mind and pass some equal rights laws, especially legalize marriages!!!

• I agree that we should stop hating on gays and bisexuals and that we shouldn't discriminate against them. It's too heartbreaking to see people getting beat, being thrown out of their houses, being unable to find a job because they are gay or fighting with their families and their friends. Especially if this discrimination comes from christians. God told us not to judge, to help all who need help and to care for other people. Though, I don't agree in promoting and glorifing being gay, as an alternative way of life. Each person can have his/her own sexual preferences, but this doesn't mean he should force them in the whole society. By legalising gay marriage, we also make it a society's institution. It's not natural to be gay, so this shouldn't happen.

• I am totally shocked by the amount of negative comments on this - and all the up votes they are getting! And it's younger people too. I guess I'm just lucky to live in the area that I do that most people don't feel this way. And anyone that does usually keeps quiet about it because they are the minority. I had to read through a bunch of negative ones to get down to the few positive ones. Just wanted to let the owner know that I completely support you and anyone else with their choices in who they want to love!

d2g892zuoe3k49.cloudfront.net/.../...80724_700.jpg

• So normal people have to agree with homosexuality?

• @jerseyboy1234 there are no "normal" people. Everyone has something that someone else would consider "wrong" with them. Society's definition of "normal" would be the majority of people who follow the crowd and what others say they should be so they aren't ostracized or made to feel bad about themselves. THAT is not normal. As far as your question, no we don't have to agree with something or who someone is. BUT, we have no right to make them feel bad about themselves or point out what we consider to be their flaws. We each have our own "flaws" (based on other's OPINIONS) and would hate to be put in the spotlight.

• I won't say normal people, but how about people with a heart and common sense? Some great videos:

The Golden Girls have answers to everything!
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xxpd3Ye0zA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSQQK2Vuf9Q

• I am a huge saporter of the LBGT Community. I was reading threw some of Thea's comments and want to get some thing of my chest

So take a seat and grab a ✏️ and πŸ““ theirs some notes you need to take to live in the year of 2015+. Are you ready kids? Let's start!

πŸ‘« πŸ‘¬SEXUALITY AND GENDER ARE 2 DIFRENT THINGS!!!
    Sexuality= who/gender you like
    (Their are 16+ difrent sexuality. how many people can you hate?)
    Gender= who you are in the inside.
    If a male with a dick and every thing feels like he is a femail in side then wow look at that he turns in to she if she wants to be a she. And so on

πŸ’πŸ’‘WHO YOU LOVE IS YOUR DANM BUSINESS REGARDLESS IF IT'S A CHOICE OR NOT (it's not a choice in my Opinion)

Is some ones sexshel orientation harming you In any way shape or form? If so look the other fucking way. Did any one in the LBGT community ask you if it was ok that they loved anther humen or how they loved them? NO!! Wow I wonder why? *sarcasem*^
    If you don't like the way some one loves all u have to do is turn your head. Okay? Okay !

πŸ™‡ πŸ’­WE ALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO THINk WHAT WE WANT
    Fore instance most people like Bacon. I meen how can you not? But some people would ouften say ewwwπŸ˜·πŸ™… and no way to chocolate covered bacon , but some people love the idea of 2 of their fav foods put together.(it's realy good) so chocolate covers bacon is difrent and some think it's gross. And it's okay people are aloud to have their own thoughts. Some may disagree but as long as those thoughts are not hurting any one in any way it's ok.

πŸ’”πŸ‘Ή PEOPLE HATE WHAT IS DIFRENT.
    Growning up you may of hated the jock that got all the girls, or the girl who had ton of Freinds and all the guys falling head over heels for them, but one thing is for sure they were difrent. They were not like you so therefore u did not think you had any thing in comen but in reality she loved doctor who just like you. Or loved to play skyrim. You thought this boy/girl was so difrent and u had to hate them but realy you have a lot in comen.

πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ IT IS THE YEAR 2⃣0⃣1⃣5⃣!!!

Did you just say people all around us are difrent? What? It's 2015 people are black, guy, strait, muslim, Catholic, you know what all theses people have in comen? They have blood running threw their vains. That love. They have a favorite book and movie, they cry and sing and they live. We are difrent but awsome and it's 2015 you think after all those years people would have figured that one out.

• I think you are right and did great on the explaining about hate. Im straight myself, but I have a lot of bi/gay friends who are perfectly normal. I have male friends and female friends, friends who like women and friends who like men and the liking isn't always matched to their own gender. Thats how I see it.

And even if you are against people being gay. Say you're christian and think they go to hell. Fine. But why would you do any fucking thing about it? They're going to hell, so lets make their current world hell too? Just leave them alone. Find other friends, if you have to. But leave people in peace, they leave you alone too.

• This is one of my favorite phrases," For those that liked the same sex had the characteristics
    the right wing conservatives think it's a decision
    and you can be cured with some treatment and religion man-made rewiring of a predisposition.
    Playing God, aw nah here we go America the brave still fears what we don't know and "God loves all his children" is somehow forgotten
    But we paraphrase a book written thirty-five-hundred years ago."

Like he said, "I don't know." I support LGBT. People are who they are and who am I or anyone else to judge them?

People can't change who they are... Well they can but they aren't being true to their self. And what kind of life is that?

If you don't support gay people then fine, but hold your tongue and keep your opinions to yourself who are you to judge anyone other than yourself?

Just put yourself in their situation for a moment empathize and you wouldn't like to be miss treated more than anyone else no matter what your sex is, race is, religion is, etc.

Doesn't everyone deserve love and have a right to be happy?

• I just loved the Facebook status meme it wasn't what I expected. The rolex and the one about what lesbians eat wwas pretty funny as well.

Overall good MyTake πŸ‘

• it isn't just right wing conservatives.
      back in soviet russia they used to kill them because they believed they were a biological error and have no use since they couldnt birth children for the system.
      remember conservatives consider them on the opposite side of the political scale:)

• It's okay to be gay because it doesn't hurt anyone else. People just don't like the idea that there are things in this world that they can't understand, and when they can't understand something, they get scared and become defensive, expecting it to be abolished.

In truth, being gay doesn't affect anybody that doesn't exist in that relationship. People just over estimate their importance and try to over involve themselves in the endeavors of others.

• Why is it okay to be gay? Because it's consensual, doesn't harm anyone, and makes those who participate in it happy. What more reasons does one need?

• i would totally agree with you.
      instead it does hurt people, www.theblaze.com/.../
      here is a lesbian couple suing a bakery for not serving them, and trying to ruin their life because they are christian.
      this isn't the only story but there it is. these people have become power freaks and if you say anythign against them they will sue you. thats what im against.

• If they refused to serve black people, there would be an outrage. But because it's a gay couple, people pretend like this is about the freedom of the business. It isn't. You can't refuse service to people because they're gay, just like you can't refuse service to people because they're black, female or hispanic. It's not within a company's rights to discriminate against people.

• Stop trying to force us to accept gay people.

• Not forcing anyone. You chose to read the take.

Key word: Chose.

• seriosuly though im so tired of these homos and supporters.
      they are the most annoying people i have met on the face of the planet

• @muspelhem_5

am I not allowed to have a opinion? I'm pretty sure I can. And when did this violat any rules on gag?

@therussianconcussion

So you agree?

• I fully support gay marriage etc because
    a) I'm bisexual
    b) my cousins bisexual
    c) my aunt is bisexual
    d) my bestfriend is bisexual
    e) my brother is bisexual
    and one of my best guyfriends is gay.
    And even if none of the above were true, I'd still be a supporter because everybody is entitled to love, a persons genitals should not hinder that.
    Love exceeds all limits and boundaries and seeing as gender is a boundary I guess it exceeds that too.

• There is nothing wrong with being gay, it's your choice to be gay, lesbian, bisexual or straight. But it makes no difference to me what your sexuality is
    I had an uncle who was gay and I have an aunty who is lesbian. Your sexuality does not define you as a person.

I fully support gay rights!

• I'm lesbian and I don't get why people are the way they are and now I'm starting to feel like there's more females that are into other females

• Or maybe a higher percentage of women are willing to admit they like women because it is increasingly more socially accepted.

• you only see what you wish.

• Uh that's not true and doesn't make sense with what I said but ok. I'm a logical person that goes by the reality although I am somewhat creative and artistic. I don't "see" things I wish. I see real stuff. It's not like hallucinations or wishful thinking being seen or anything. You should get my point and what I'm saying. I shouldn't have to explain explain explain every single little thing

• Great take. I don't know why people use "it's a choice" as an argument. So what if it's a choice? People should be able to choose what they're attracted to. But, I still think we are born with it.

I'm bi, and I have always been. I enjoyed reading your take.

• Don't you just love Bill Maher? :) Great myTake, and I'd love to see in my lifetime that being gay will just be one more way people love each other rather than to be judged for or made fun of, or worse, ostracized.

• It is okay to be gay. There will be a lot of people saying it is not, but you can't live your life trying to please other people. Just friend people who will accept you for who you are.

• A lot of you are rude af. Who cares if you're gay? It's not hurting you or influencing how your life goes, so you're wasting time hating someone's sexuality. It's not hard to accept that people are just different. Live and let live.

*If people can choose their sexual orientation, why would anyone ever choose to be hated, discriminated against, beat, etc? Why would they choose to endure pain and suffering from idiots and close minded people when they could avoid that?

• Sometimes I wonder if people will stop discriminating gay people. There are a lot of terrible things happening and people are worried about someone's sexual orientation? Really? This makes no sense to me.
    I imagined that being lesbian and being on a catholic college must have been horrible.

The fact that you're being true to yourself is great. Some people can't be.
    And it takes a lot of courage and strength to be open with other people about your sexuality.

• I think in 2016 if anyone needs to make a big deal out of themselves being gay than its a internal problem. Will gay marriage lead to other things , yea because now people realize not everyone can marry poly marriage will be legalized and most likely incestual marriage will too. if it's between two consenting adults Its none of my business. and comparing being gay to someone ethnicity is so dumb, your born your ethnicity never been proven your born gay. Now your gay , good for you some people won't like it some will, just live your life.

• More from Girls
    18