I'm a virgin at 24. Does that make me a failure in life?

I just have not been given the opportunity to be in a romantic relationship with a woman, therefore i am still a virgin. Does this make me a failure in life. I don't think so myself. I feel like i want love and a relationship with someone i can share my life with rather then just sex. But a lot of people seem to focus on the sex. I feel life if i would be in a relationship i would focus more on trying to treat my girlfriend in a way that makes her think that i respect her as an equal and that i care about her rather just trying to have sex with her. Do you think i am a failure in life because i am a virgin.

• You are a failure because you are a virgin.
  • You are not a failure but you being a virgin at 24 is not good.
  • It does not matter if you are a virgin. A relationship matters more.
  • It is good you care more about love then sex.

Most Helpful Guy

• I didn't vote, because surprisingly, I don't agree with any of the answer choices. I almost voted "C" but I don't think a relationship matters more (just being honest here, I'm a horn-dog.)

However, to answer your question, you are NOT a failure just because you're a 24 year old virgin. Actually, girls LIKE virgins, since women aren't fixated on sex.

I'm a 24 year old virgin and it's not by choice. I will admit, I've been rejected countless times. Unlike you, all I pretty much want is sex (dating is ok too though.) I just graduated from College on the Dean's List on Sunday and I'm going to intern for a teaching job in the Fall. I've also worked many hours in the workforce for eight years. I'm also close to my family and stay out of trouble. I'm FAR from a "loser."

Being a virgin or not does not determine "loser" status in my opinion. The only people I hear call male virgins "losers" are other guys. Girls LOVE this.

• Personality i want love more then sex because i want someone to share my life with. You don't want that in a relationship.

• @Asker Ok... that's fine. Most girls I know actually want to settle down TOO quickly (which is annoying actually) so you should be good.

What Girls Said 8

• You are AWESOME, in my book!!! It is SOOOOO HARD to remain a Virgin! I had PLANNED on it, til marriage, but... I'm weak.
    It is NOTHING to have sex.. Meaning it's super easy to give in.
    It is a HUUUUUGE DEAL to keep your virginity! It is an amazingly special thing!
    Society tries to brainwash otherwise. Do not be duped! Hang on! You rock!!! :D
    (Plus it's incredibly scary out there!!! Soooo many STDs :(

• Thank you very much.

• Wow, I'm really sorry ;)
      I was just TRYING to shorten your username.. I had only glimpsed & read it CincinnatiRedskin ;) haha!
      But, regarding the topic, I know I'm not alone, among females, when I say I've never had a "prude age"... I was overly curious, even as a kid.
      Buuuuut yes, I have been around females all my life & most do tend to have an indifferent or even negative opinion about sex. Crazy women!;)

• *fyi~ my apologies were NOT for calling you a 'redskin', only for getting your name wrong. Be super proud of your heritage!!! I'm very proud to have Native American blood in my veins as well! :D

• What is wrong with people these days? Virgin doesn't equal failure in life, just as much as being a man-hoe doesn't imply success in life.

• whats wrong with being vergin? its normal

• You're right and it depends on which country (the United States and Egypt lose their virginity LATE). Contrary to popular belief, it's more common to be a virgin as an adult, worldwide, than it ever has, at least according to worldwide statistics.

• Really I did not know that.

• there's nothing wrong with being a virgin

• in my opinion it's ok, your 1st time should be with someone you truly love, because you will remember your first time for the rest of your life

• You are rare wow it's a great thing wait for right woman 😊

• D definitely. Love is all that matters.

• Your virginity or lack of does not determine whether you're successful or not.

What Guys Said 12

• it obviously does not. there is more to life.

• no bro... there are virgins who r older than u :)

• Why does your virginity decide whether or not you are a failure in life? Really? Shouldn't it be your character more than your virginity?

• Wish more guys were like you, cause we taught to bust a nut with a girl asap.

• It's a problem, if you want it to be one. You'll some soon enough.

• You already answered your own question with: "I don't think so myself" so why asking here?

• No, you are not a failure, I am, because I'm more than 10 years older than you, and still a virgin :(

• In some ways I'm bitter, resentful towards younger couples

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-gif-maker_3.gif You have failed the game of LIFE until you're DEAD. So naw you're still alive and kicking buddy

• I lost my virginity a couple of weeks ago and I'm 25. I was just like you thinking I want a girl to love blah blah, that's all bs. Sex really is just sex. It feels great and that's all there is to it. You're making it into this big thing when it's not at all. Honestly just lose as soon as possible so you get some experience. Don't listen to the girls saying it's so easy to lose your virginity, keeping it is hard. They don't know what they're talking about since there is always a guy out there trying to screw just about any girl, so obviously it's harder for women to remain virgins than it is for guys. Guys though have to work hard to find a partner and not to mention they have a MUCH higher sex drive. I had to pay to lose mine and it was a great decision. My mind was so clouded about relationships and girls in general and losing it has helped see things clearer. Lose it and don't look back.

• partly yes females can say whatever they want but there not men go get you some pussy and stop being a punk

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...cf6d247b20.jpg

• It makes you a failure biologically.

However, you still have time to turn it around, so don't give up. Just a matter of learning how to be attractive. Study guys who are good with women, ask for advice.

Plus, you can be successful in other areas of life. Keep chugging along.