Someone broke in to my house, my parents think I snuck out? Parents don't believe I didn't sneak out. help?

So my dad woke me up at like 5am saying "I know you snuck out last" And i was half asleep and confused as ever because i've never snuck out. Ever. So then i denied it and as he kept yelling he said "Then why was the screen AND the window open. This isn't the only time i've found them open". The window that was open was downstairs in the basement weight room, the room next to my room which i haven't been sleeping in because we're moving. The window opens to the side of the house, and the backyard gate. THe gate was also open. But if i were to sneak out it would make more sense to go through my own window, since its bigger and already broken? NO matter WHAT i say my parents won't believe i wasn't the one who did it. And i wasn't. But that scares me because that means someone is coming in our home at night. I don't know what to do. How can i convince them? How can i figure out whats opening the window?

Update: I took ur guys advice and sat down with them and very seriously told them "I did not sneak out" And I swore on my brothers lives and they still didn't believe me. My mom was crying saying "I don't even know who u r anymore, the Meghan that I knew didn't keep so many secrets. I'm worried about u, I really am". Then my dad said "All these secrets, sneaking out, hiding things & lying is literally tearing our relationship apart and ruining trust." I don't know what to do
Unless I fess up to something, nothing will change but there's nothing to fess up to

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm very concerned by this.. Too often parents think their kid is lying but it ends in tragedy.. I may not be a cop but I am a certified First aider and know situations can get real serious real fast.. So I'd be willing to help you in any way you need, if this isn't fast enough we could communicate by different means, it would be helpful to know exactly what happened if at all possible.. This is serious and I'd say you're in danger, you need to try anything to get it through to them, if that doesn't work you have some options.. Option 1. You could contact police and say you think someone was in your house and that your parents won't believe you, they will come to your house and ask both your parents and you what happened, police know the signs of to look for if someone's lying, if you are as serious as you sound on this post, they will know and believe me they will take you seriously, they've seen some really bad stuff and know how fast a simple situation of windows open at night can lead to terrible things.. Regardless if you think this is an extreme measure, it may be your best shot and odds are it will end with a patrol car outside your house for a few nights..

Option 2.
    You desperately try to convince them to take you seriously.. Just whatever you do, do not say you'll call the police cause they may just take your phone away.. Personally I'd do option 1 it's easier but may put you in deep shit with your parents, but compared to some unknown man in your home.. I'd play those odds.. Be safe and good luck.

What Guys Said 4

• Don't fess up if u did nothing wrong. Stay strong and maintain your innocence

• I don't know. Did you ask them to have the police investigate? The police might be able to help you there.

• Lol parents are nuts. My dad used to accuse me of steroids and I took it as a compliment

• take him aside seriously and tell him quietly that he needs to pay attention to the break in., You DID NOT sneak out. BUT SOMEONE CAME in we may be in danger.

What Girls Said 5

• Have you ever snuck out before?
    If you have then it would be hard to convince them otherwise.
    Just continue to stand behind the fact that you didn't do it.

This reminds me of people that are accused of a bad crime, go to jail, and their story never changes.
    They stand behind the fact that they are innocent and do not accept any plea deals.

It's up to your parents whether they want to believe you or not.
    You know you are telling the truth.

• I have literally never snuck out or anything like that. Usually me and my parents are in a good place, with trust. But sneaking out is the only thing that makes sense to them so that's what they resort to. This sucks ass

• My gosh!
      They are set in their thoughts aren't they?
      That's a pretty bad thing... the person will probably do it again if they do not take you seriously.

• One last attempt, say you really need to speak to them, that you are very upset and worried because for one, they don't believe you bit more importantly there is possibly someone breaking into your house. Lock the window, block it up with something, leave things lying around that will make a right noise if knocked over in the dark...

• As stupid as this may sound. Sleep in there room. If that is the last resort, that you'll come to.

• Why would you sneak out when you're moving anyway? Sit down with them and make it really clear, that you think someone broke into the house!!!

• Let the police know what you're worried about. They might be able to help.

Otherwise, consider locking your door at night from now on, and maybe set up a small, cheap surveillance camera or something by the window being used to get in, in a place it won't be seen or immediately visible, and eventually you might catch whoever it is on camera. This sounds scary, especially with your parents so sure that you're lying! :(