Guys, What do you think of women going to the gym with full face of makeup?

This really annoys me. I'm one of those who believe people go to the gym (or should go to the gym) to sweat and workout, not to join a freaking beauty pagaent. When I work out, I sweat. Like dripping, about to freaking melt sweat. I already know the thoughts of the women who wear makeup to the gym, and honestly find it stupid. But I wanna know what the men think of this?

• It's stupid
    88% (51)
  • I like it
    12% (7)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

24

Most Helpful Guy

• It's obvious the girls are there for attention and not to workout. As long as they're not taking up a piece of equipment that you need just let em be for entertainment purposes. There's plenty of guys going to the gym to "pick up girls" so they are the perfect target. Ironically these girls will "reject" these guys and act like they're pigs when they're the reason they came to the gym to begin with.

What Guys Said 23

• I think that when you get their sweat mix with their make up it must feel awful, especially when sweat mixes with foundation. The girls that purposly put make up on to go to the gym are silly but I do realise some girls may have come stait from work where they are required to wear make up. However, if I was a girl even then I would remove the make up before starting my workout so I did not end up in a big sweaty mess and my skin could breath.

• I can't help but chuckle to myself because it's just so retarded, your going to there to basically beat the shit out of yourself ( as you basically injure your muscles in order to force them to grow ) and sweat like a pig why on earth would you put full makeup on? unless you're there trolling for men, hogging machines and not giving a fuck?

I can understand those that come straight from work or like on their lunch break but any other time it really just doesn't make sense lol.

Sorry for the rant but at my gym we come to train and we train seriously lol.

• I work out at my school's gym. It's free for the students and it just irks me a bit because I find it ridiculous. But to each their own I guess

• Yeah it really is lol.

• i understand the idea behind it, some women think they need to look their best all the time, but the simple fact is if they are working out with make up on then they are going to look worse by the end of it if they are working out right. gym not the place for make up.

• I don't understand it one bit. Like I'm not there to judge people, but I don't see why you gotta wear makeup and you're working out. I used to exercise with this girl who used makeup all the time, didn't need it in my opinion, and even before and after we work out... Said it made her feel better about herself and look less sweaty but whatever.

• Vote C. I think it's obvious why they're at the gym. I believe the politically correct term is... ehem... attention whore.

• Would your make up melt of your face after sweating? ;0

• I honestly don't know how they do it. That's why I think it's ridiculous because it WILL melt off. Unless they're not sweating at all! Hell, regular sweating when at work or school already fades my makeup, so imagine the kind of sweating you do at the gym.

• They'd start looking like The Joker lol

• Women go through a lot 3:

• I think it's retarded, too. Why waste money on the goop when it's going to be running off your face while working out? It's going to make you a little ugly.

• Pointless. These are the kinds of girls who go to gyms for attention, not to actually work out. I have a strong dislike for this kind of girl anyway, so if she thinks she can get my attention, she's sorely mistaken.

• It's ridiculous, if you're gonna do something, it seems like they should spen more effort on doing it than not looking like a brick when they do it.

• I dont reallycare either way

• personally I think it looks ridiculous... but then I'm not into wads of make up on ladies anyhoo

• Nope I workout at college gym so its usually just volley chicks that show up to workout and luckily they do it without make up, Because that shit would start stinking

• Ridiculous. They just want to be seen.

• They obviously aren't there to work out, at least not with any level of effort.

• it is stupid

• Ahahaha I laugh at girls who do dumb shit like that.

• Your being pretty harsh/bitter. Lots of people dont just go directly to the gym, they may have school, jobs or just be out doing errands etc where they would normally wear makeup. I find it ridiculous that people would put it on to go to the gym directly but if it makes them feel more comfortable while working out, whats the problem with it?

• I go to the gym directly too after my classes but I remove my makeup before I work out. There's a right time and a right place for it just like everything else. For instance, you don't go to work or school dressed like a hooker merely because you're anticipating going to the club that night... Plus I've checked this out, they actually make videos on youtube about makeup for gym..

• I understand left over mascara, powder or even lip gloss. But if you search this and watch a whole video on it they put primer, concealer, liquid foundation, (sometimes eye shadow), bronzer, powder then mascara. Basically, what a woman would do when there's an occassion. Like how you see women go crazy with makeup on instagram. That's why I say ridiculous. But that's just my opinion. Of course you are entitled to your own and I respect that. That's why I posted this, I wanted to see what men think about it. Whether they're against it, ok with it or don't care..

• Its ridiculous yes, but i dont have a problem with it.

• The best kind of look is hair tied back and in an attire that shows that you mean business.

• never seen a fit girl with anything but eyeliner and maybe lip balm. I think its usually the chubby girls who do the full makeup to attract guys at the gym.

• I actually see it everywhere. Especially in my university's gym. Plus it's everywhere on social media.

• oh well that different, I went to local gyms with usually 24 year old and out of uni. I'm sure uni girls wear a lot of makeup, and I think its alright. They could have just came from class :). But if its like Saturday, I would be like wtf did she just come from the club.

• Well clearly they think there's no escaping the scrutiny and that even at the gym their appearance matters, and they're totally right because you made this thread complaining about their faces.

• I did not make this thread "complaining about their faces". I'm not scrutinizing their natural features or how they really look like. You obviously misconstrued what I wrote. I'm merely expressing my annoyance with the ones that show up to "work out" with their faces made up like they're attending the red carpet. It bothers me that many women think they need to look good 24/7 and 7 days a week. Like I said to a previous commenter, there's a right time and a right place for everything, and a gym is not for makeups or looking your best, it's about working your ass off. And I just wanted to know what the opposite sex think about this, I don't see anything wrong with that.

• I'm being completely arrogant for having an opinion that differs from yours? Oh wow, who's arrogant now? You know what, you're right I (and about 90% of the men that commented here that shared my opinion) don't have the right to say what the gym is designed for. Just like no one has the right to say what a daycare is really for. Does that mean it's right for a stripper to go to a daycare, where there are children, and start stripping in the middle of the room while in the process of dropping off her children? Hey, who are we to say what a daycare really is for, right? And whoever says it's unacceptable, or God forbid has an opinion that differs from yours, is immediately labeled as arrogant.

• Yes I see. Strippers and daycare.

• The mere idea of a pretty girl makes my whole freaking day, under any circumstance

• I'm not a big fan of makeup in general. Yeah sure a little fluff here and there is ok but I find natural women the most attractive. Going to the gym where you're going to get sweaty anyway it just seems like a waste of time to go through the hassle of makeup.

• if a girl wears makeup or tight fitting clothes that's great! it means she wants you to look at her... of which i'm more than happy to oblige